Just a Man

Just a Man

A Story by Aadhya Kumar
"

what is a man?

"

In my youth I was a man who never stood high within himself

I was always very far from the man I wanted to be

Then through hard work and ambition, I became that man

But I failed at that man. He was never satisfied with me and I with him.

 

The odd truth was all the hard fought battles I won to become that man actually changed me from ever being that man.

So when we finally met on the timeline, he was ill fitting and not me.

My long embedded illusions broke and took my constructions with them.

 

It shattered the invulnerable skin of the man and revealed me. Me (never comfortable)and I (never pleased) had to start again. Still finding out how to work together breaking cleaning up the leftovers from trying to live in another man’s suit.

 

Time has passed and I am still not completely comfortable in my skin but I am better at it. The only time I am at my greatest is when I am a father and a husband. This is where all my men combine into this man I was born to be. This is where I am truly at peace.

 

Today, tomorrow and each moment until my last, I push through the expectations of the man they want me to be.

 

I just aim to be my man. This is what I hope for you all. Be your man, woman or self. This is your path, walk it.

© 2016 Aadhya Kumar


Author's Note

Aadhya Kumar
just a little mind rant

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was very thoughtful and deep... Most people aren't satisfied with themselves, but finding ourselves start when we destroy all expectations of ourselves. Be you and only you. When we don't have expectations, our potential is boundless. Nice work!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 14, 2016
Last Updated on November 17, 2016
Tags: Manhood, anxiety, confusions, peace, fatherhood

Author

Aadhya Kumar
Aadhya Kumar

Visakhapatnam , India



About
Stuck amidst reality and fantasy, Have seen enough hypocrisy, Talk to me with courtesy. more..

Writing