Remembering a hero of hope

Remembering a hero of hope

A Story by Primal
"

Story goes with Connor's Quest

"

The hooded man sits on a park bench starring out at the now setting sun. The hound sitting next to him gives a very low sniffle and looks at his partner. The hooded man is clad in a leather and cloth outfit from a time only written about. With a hidden Celtic style short sword strapped on his back diagonally with the hilt at his right hip and a dark grey cloak hiding his features.

The hound knows his friend wont speak for another hour as the ritual has gone every night since the city of his son was saved. Over 500 thousand men women and children lived in this booming city. One month ago a evil marched its way into this madness or concrete. An evil that wanted to enslave everyone who survived the onslaught of unnatural beasts and men. The heroes of this world fought hard to protect every life.

The hound thinks about all his friends and family he lost. As you can tell this hound is not a primal beast. He is one of the kind call shadow beasts. Thousands of years ago animal crossed the planet were give a gift by nature. To be enlighten and transformed into beings that embodied and represented every creature the world ever gave birth to. But the transformation of the shadow beast cursed them with immortality and endowed each one as magic. An unknown time later a war broke out, the gods that ruled threaten to destroy everything human, Shadow beast and god loved and held dear. Humans and gods tried to use the beasts for there own petty gain. The sole of the planet use a half god/human to create a world of light and dark, then sent the beasts through the gates to there own world called shadow land. Not all the beasts left some vogued loyalty to gods and humans and refused salvation. Thousand years latter the beasts learned the outcome of the war.

The gates were reactivated from magical energy slowly being restored to the planet. Though not all the sites remained intact some like stone henge still welcomed the beasts. The earth wasn’t what they remembered. No it was colder, cruller and fearful. No one remembered the beasts even existed but in children’s stories and myth. The world was all but drained of magic. The gods were dead the plant was changed. A new world far away was powered by the gods death and almost all the magic was given to that other world.

The hound still weped about the world. If the beasts had stayed would the world be hole? He tried not to think about the past but it hurt his heart to see human this way.

The hooded man raised his hand and in the air traced a Celtic looking symbol for the trinity. The birth, the life and the death. He whispered a prayer for though who died. The hound had watched this ritual just like he had every night.

The man told the hound the story again. The story of a hero that never wanted to be one. The hero was the hooded mans son. A son born to loss and lived in loss and now is no longer here. The hero was know as a son of man, he fought for everyone living being . He was a servant to man and a tool of justice. He wore the color of hope, a blue that made a persons eyes shimmer and children believe. His story was different than what others would speak. Thoughs who watched the hero on TV or read about him in the paper knew him as a unbreakable force for good and happiness.

But the real story was only known by thoughs who loved and respected him. Knowing of the man loss of his loved ones. The mother who didn’t have a right to be one, the father who couldn’t be one, the loss of the lover to greater violence, and the ordeals a true hero had to overcome. that story cant be told and accepted by most.

Sunset was at 7 now its 1am. in the past hour the Hooded man and the hound visited the site of the hero. the smell of blood still lingers the blood is of heroes and villains from both sides. If it wasn’t for fallen friends the hound would have covered his nose from the sticky sweet smell that accompanied spilled blood.

A tone alerted them, the hooded man drew a device from the inside of his cloak and read a message. The message requested his help in a village near Hungry boarder. His grand-daughter took her team the to defeat a group that fled one of the invasion sites across the globe. That war cost the earth a lot of life. The hooded man pulled back his hood and in light moonlight the hound watched as the mans eyes turned from white with green irises to solid grey. With a tap of the device that sent a message requesting transport to the battle, a soft wind picked up and a black swirling circle appeared to there right.

The man and the hound were in a city called cobalt bay on the Atlantic coast of the US, when they step in the void they with be transported thousands of miles away. The hound who stood from paw to shoulder only 2 feet now grew to 4 feet. The man mounted the now giant hound and just before they enter the void the he drew his sword that’s blade was colored a dark red and had a symbol for hate on he blade the blade the around its edges light on fire. They rode through the void and the man whispered to the hound, "May we be half the man he was."

© 2009 Primal


Author's Note

Primal
If this story makes u curious then read Connor's quest. I will be puting more chapters in soon

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on February 8, 2009

Author

Primal
Primal

Bemus point, NY



About
Hey my name is Charles, A bit about me..... I'm 24 and I have been writing poems, short storys and books. Started back freshman year in high school. I have been writing about my verson of a hero for t.. more..

Writing
Primal Primal

A Book by Primal


My Pride My Pride

A Story by Primal