Just a thought

Just a thought

A Story by PrissyNPink

Does love exist or is it a figment of our mind. A cherished fantasy, left behind from childish dreams. I look around and all I see are empty promises and broken dreams. Is that all the really exists out there. Are we feeding our children’s heads with empty promises and dreams setting them up in a fantasy world? Our parents told us and now we tell our children that Santa Claus and The Tooth fairy are real, when in truth they are not. Are we setting ourselves and our children up for failure and a consistent set of let downs, while always carrying hope in our hearts that one day we will see Santa with his eight reindeer? Are we molding our future to except societies standards, not question those standards, which are often times raciest and prejudiced. You grow up go to College, Marry and have Children, does the significances that we put on these titles leave us accepting less than we deserve, just to fulfill the roles society has thrust upon us? And when we don’t fulfill society’s expectations we feel as though something is wrong with us. When in truth is the problem is the standards that society (the majority) holds close their hearts, while the rest of us are forced to conform or be persecuted for our individuality and beliefs.

© 2010 PrissyNPink


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on March 9, 2010
Last Updated on March 9, 2010

Author

PrissyNPink
PrissyNPink

nowhere, CT



About
I am a Mom of three beautiful kids, who are my life. I am currently in a relationship with the love of my life, who is extrodinarily attentive to my "every" need. I have an amazing Best Friend who is .. more..

Writing
Missing Missing

A Poem by PrissyNPink