The High-Tech Soldier

The High-Tech Soldier

A Story by Prithika
"

This look into the future of how soldiers might fight and the complications taht come with that.

"
With sawdust covering my point of view, blood splaterred across my hans and my army uniform and patched in some areas I slowly struggle to stand up positioning my centrifugal gun and I trigger 120,000 rounds per second as the hard bound bullets spinning outward pierce right into the enemy's heart processing a lot of outcry from my enemies. My fellow soldiers pat me and congratulate me on the back, but I just feel dehydrated , worn out and just wanting to do home, deaspite the fact of our enemy target already shot down. BANG! I hear loud explosions and tear gas being fired at us , I cover my head and my entire body with a Quantum stealth jacket - a high tech material that camouflages me completely by bending light waves around me and not enabling the enemy to see me  I struggle to keep my tired eyes open as I soon fall into a deep sleep with the light and inexpensive quantum stealth jacket covered around me.

AAAAAARGH! I hear a person whimpering, crying and I split my eyes open, I rushed over to the person covered in pools of blood, purposely casting off my camoulage , despite the fact of feeling my enemy's eyes piercing behind my back , I gasp as I quickly take out my first aid that it was one of my friends who was injured but right when she saw me, her cunning smile made me doubt her. Without her noticing I lift my high tech t-Ray detector(a device that sees ight waves that are too long for the naked ye to see the light waves in the terahertz range- the last edge of  the human hearing range and transmitting using a transducer- a device that coverts a type of enrgy into another) helps me to see what was in my friend's pockets. My fingers start shaking and I gasp as I see a quantum stealth bomb cleverly implanted in the body a bomb with no metal pieces! OMG! A wave of darkness washed over my heart as I realised that she was a.. suicide bomber!! I just felt as if I had been shot through the chest and I knew I just had to do something. I quickly ran , my palms sweating , my heart pounding, my legs throbbing to go to my camp and tell them. BANG!! Aloud explosion went in the distance and I knew that it was just too late. My fellow soldiers were dead.

© 2016 Prithika


Author's Note

Prithika
What do you guys think of the story?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on May 7, 2016
Last Updated on May 7, 2016
Tags: Army, war, tech, soldier

Author

Prithika
Prithika

U.S. Virgin Islands



About
I am an amateur writer but I have had a paasion for writing since I was very young and I do hope that will continue into the future and be a writer . I hope my writing will inspire other people and ma.. more..

Writing
LOVE LOVE

A Poem by Prithika


My Stalker My Stalker

A Story by Prithika