Bridges in my head

Bridges in my head

A Story by Prodigo

I’ve built the Bridge to Admiration. It is crossable? No. This bridge was built to a place no one can go but me. I can see it all the time. It’s so pretty. I want to find a friend to cross with me. So I built a friend too. He was so scared at first. I told him I would hold his hand. He agreed, but it was late when he finally decided to go. So we left. The next day we arrived, he ran ahead of me. Across the bridge he strolled. Eager to follow, I pursued him. I caught him soon, but something was wrong…he was dead. His body was hanging from the railing, swaying from side to side. The support squeaked while his body’s ill movements proved enough. I left him there and returned home. I entered the door and lay to sleep. I was very cold, but this wasn’t unusual. My new friend lied with me until morning. We arrived early and found ourselves sitting on the edge of the bridge. My friend’s body swayed with the wind still. His body was rotting but we did not mind. My new friend gazed at me for a moment and turned his eyes forward. Then he gave the world a blank stare and he plummeted. He fell through the mist below the waterfall. I saw his body smashed up against the rocks, mutilated. This world is so lonely; I can’t make new friends, and I don’t know why they did it, but I joined them.

© 2009 Prodigo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on September 30, 2009

Author

Prodigo
Prodigo

Victoria, TX



About
Bad art is tragically more beautiful than good art because it documents human failure. more..

Writing
Jim Jim

A Story by Prodigo