Koi Pond

Koi Pond

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

A tanka of peace

"

This poem has moved. Be sure to click the audio below to listen and read.


Audio at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-xJrYQ66oM





Published in Tattoo, Calling All Soldiers Home



Tattoo is a collection of one hundred syllable conscious poems, mostly brief with an eye to expanding peace and self-awareness. Included are Descartes Was Not a Mosquito, Just How Many Butterflies, and How to Heal the World.

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


Author's Note

Pryde Foltz
I remember sitting by a koi pond in Japan and noting each fish had its own distinct colouring and marking. One scene stealer even had what clearly resembled the red sun of the Japanese flag on his forehead. The pond was crowded and yet peaceful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful write, Pryde. Quite beautiful as well.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Kenneth.
so short and so beautiful! you have a way with words Pryde. loved this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Woody:)
Loved the reflections... the unique thoughts of harmony in diversity... beautiful and lifting... Always so good to hear you reading as well... :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Craig.
lovely. Ok "I remember sitting by a koi pond in Japan" Really? I sat in a Starbucks in the Burque for the inspiration for my last bit posted here. (not jealous, not jealous not jealous)
Sorry. its late in the day and I'm feeling angsty - but I do love this poem. And koi.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

LOL. That koi pond was viewed years ago. I too sat in Starbucks today:)
I have my own little pond with Koi. Each has its own distinct personality. I like to sit and watch them early in the morning. I love your word usage, "rivulets."

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, ME. Yes, rivulets was wonderful word, here. Three syllable and it doubled the meaning:)
So peaceful, love it. The picture really helps. :D

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Twain. Nice to see you in these parts:)
Yes, harmony is different than unity, and peace is different than tranquility.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, KL.
Wonderful work. I enjoyed your poem very much!


Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, John.
Thank you for writing this one, "Ane" ;) I love Koi's and they have a rich symbolic meaning to me.
Even on my phone I have a Koi Pond as screensaver, I loved reading this, they are all very beautiful, and the message is clear, to live in peace and with each and every hybrid as we are one together... Nice work Pryde.

- Elisa

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Elisa:)

9 Years Ago

Anytime. :)
I like this form and you have written it really well with an interesting subject matter. It seems amazingly simple that individuals can live harmoniously and yet the human species still has to master it :( very nice write. Penny

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Penny. We think too much:)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1512 Views
43 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 26, 2014
Last Updated on September 8, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..