Koi Pond

Koi Pond

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

A tanka of peace

"

This poem has moved. Be sure to click the audio below to listen and read.


Audio at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-xJrYQ66oM





Published in Tattoo, Calling All Soldiers Home



Tattoo is a collection of one hundred syllable conscious poems, mostly brief with an eye to expanding peace and self-awareness. Included are Descartes Was Not a Mosquito, Just How Many Butterflies, and How to Heal the World.

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


Author's Note

Pryde Foltz
I remember sitting by a koi pond in Japan and noting each fish had its own distinct colouring and marking. One scene stealer even had what clearly resembled the red sun of the Japanese flag on his forehead. The pond was crowded and yet peaceful.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There's a koi pond at the zoo near here, and I've often gotten the same feeling out of it. Calm in the crowd. Thanks for writing this poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Calm in the crowd. I like the Emaleigh.
In swirl of motion the frenzy create kaleidoscopic harmony, resulting in greater beauty that any one individual. Seems we can learn a lot from carp. Well written.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Streamline. The carp is not a slave to its thoughts.
Needless to say, we could learn much from the koi, and many other animals for that matter...nicely said.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Steve.
Love a Koi pond, you've epitomized that feeling of peace and tranquility here Pryde.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Frieda.
wish the world could be crowded yet peaceful....we all have our own colors, personalities, wishes...we are like the koi...and if they can swim together in the same pond, why can't we?

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

We can … we just have to remember we are koi first … or in this case human;) Thank you, Jacob.
i am always excited to see your read requests, Pryde .. "Koi Pond a tanka of peace" is a deep well all by itself ... i think your poem is brilliant in subject and content ... the image of harmony in all that diversity is exquisite .. i will try to carry it with me today ... i can use the healing balm .. i am conservative in politics and religion but every month i try to watch Rachel Maddow and/or Al Sharpton for at least a moment .. its very painful but helps me to exercise an open mind ... this morning it was Rachel and your Koi Pond is just what i needed to smooth her jagged edges :)))
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, E. It has come to me recently that our thoughts and opinions shift and change and what re.. read more
I read one time that Manatees are peaceful and believe in peaceful coexistence like these Koi. They are not territorial like other animals and even humans. A wonderful write with a message...:).............

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Sami and LOL. Sorry … I was choosing between this poem and another poem to post, not qu.. read more
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome...:).......
Difference is mandatory in order to complete each other.
So much beauty🎆

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

IT IS … Thank you, Miss Manal.
Daydreamer

9 Years Ago

Welcome💗
I like the photo and the poem. Nature isn't like man. Greed is not always necessary. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry and photo.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Coyote.
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1513 Views
43 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 26, 2014
Last Updated on September 8, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..