Love Letter to a Leviathan

Love Letter to a Leviathan

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

Where is the line between good and evil ...

"
A two-headed leviathan
eventually
consumes itself
Please click on the link to read and hear the entire poem

© 2016 Pryde Foltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Perfectly worded. It is a wonder why people will choose to divide themselves. Perhaps it is a fun game of pretend while it lasts. Excellent work, Pryde.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I am. Given the prevalence of sport and competition, for certain it must be fun. Indeed i.. read more
Its avery refined piece of poetry...I really enjoyed it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Ria:)
This is really wonderful. Glad I saw it in the feed. Your execution and presentation really suits this piece.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

8 Years Ago

Thank you, KL:)
Similar to the "serpent eating its own tail" to represent "time", what kind of two headed monster is yours? And what would it represent? And the line between good and evil, that you had noted beneath the title, to me does not exist. There is good, and bad, the nature of the wilderness or chaos, but evil should not be. It is created beyond the natural causalities of the balance of all things, and just my opinion, made by the intelligence of men or minds that have forsaken Creation and seek to destroy it. This two headed beast that you have poetically in imagery, queried us to wonder at, is both its own victor and demise. Still it does not answer any question but does tell the truth (about the human condition). Very thought provoking and cerebral. Brava!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Poetic:) If there is an evil that lies in the mind's of humans, it is fear, whether it be.. read more
This is very thought provoking. We all struggle with inner turmoil and need to learn to tame the beast inside or it will consume us. Love is the answer - we all seek it, desire it...yet does anyone really understand it or allow IT to consume us in order to transform ourselves into the beautiful creatures we should be? Your poem is short on words but long on meaning :) Well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Carolynn. Your review speaks rather personally to me. For what it is worth I do my best t.. read more
A lurking mental diaspora crowding the mind, a captivation that's sensationally haunting; yet, there's a solace, a compassionate red sea to cross. Anand Bose from Kerala.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Anand:)
another fascinating - skillfully presented piece. Well done, Pryde.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Tammy:)
I ate myself once and now there is nothing left to love... oh well, perhaps that's for the better... but I will miss writing poetry the most and maybe getting a kiss at midnight while dancing with the moon... ;0)

redzone

Posted 8 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Red. It sounds like you are going somewhere.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1156 Views
28 Reviews
Added on November 17, 2015
Last Updated on February 10, 2016

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos