Behind the House on the Hill

Behind the House on the Hill

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

Some girls have great limbs but can be a little too clingy

"
Behind the House on the Hill


First the Spoken Word and Visual Art ...




Behind the House on the Hill is published in Monsters, Avatars, and Angels.




© 2019 Pryde Foltz


Author's Note

Pryde Foltz
Monsters, Avatars, and Angels contains the short story series Demons, Harlots and Crones, which follows two generations of the Demeere family and its legacy of spite and envy. Included in the series is Demon in High Socks; Holler it out with Lemonade; the Old Lady, Her Plymouth, and Cockroaches; Sex in a Pan; and the Fire Crone and Stone Harlot. Also within its pages are more than a hundred poems exploring the darker side of human nature and its undeniable conclusion. Two Orphan Sparrows, the Devil is a DJ, the Last Striptease, Up From the Roses, and many more titles are found within. Ultimately Monsters, Avatars, and Angels asks the reader to look at the darkness found within herself and by facing it, perhaps go beyond.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love your verbal poetry dear Pryde. I hope you are doing well.
Coyote

Posted 3 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

3 Years Ago

Thank you, John:) I am doing okay. How are you?
Coyote Poetry

3 Years Ago

I am fine dear Pryde. Semi-retired. Working on my work. Doing deep edit and I hope to publish two bo.. read more
A beautiful presentation that speaks to me of unrequited longing and loneliness.

'It is dark because you are trying to hard; Lightly child, lightly, learn to do everything lightly.'
Aldous Huxley...

Beccy.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

4 Years Ago

Thanks so much, Beccy. What novel is that from?
Beccy

4 Years Ago

It's from 'The Island.'

That was really cool. I can see how much love and devotion you put into these spoken word videos and it's something you should be proud of. The tone of your voice was pleasant, but held an edge of someone silently sneaking preparing for a scare or attack. The imagery along with the words didn't distract at all from the spoken word and heightened the tone. I liked it. Good job.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

4 Years Ago

Thanks so much, CD:)
oooooooooooooooooo scary ;) not sure i can trust the allure of the blossoming tree ... a false premise to lure me into the dark house on the hill ... nice work with scene and setting my friend! i see it easily .. and feel the undercurrents of unknown fearful thingies :) great read ... nice timing for All Hallows Eve bruuuuuuuuuuwahahahaha!
E.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

4 Years Ago

Thanks so much, E:) Working hard at working up the fright:)
Einstein Noodle

4 Years Ago

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! >;O
An atmospheric, ghostly feel on reading between past and present. Supernatural themes came to mind in a most entertaining read. You just wanted more!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

4 Years Ago

Thank you, Andrew:)
Your writing gives an almost immediate atmosphere, immersing me in the house and making me want to know more. I enjoyed this.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

4 Years Ago

Thank you, Tertia:)
I do like your ambient artistry, but reading the stark black and white of this haunted tale/house was very powerful, I liked that the dead/ghost tree was still searching for sunlight and life, I spoke this out loud and it takes on different undertones in a shouty Scottish accent, lol

Posted 4 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

4 Years Ago

I would have love to have heard that. Thanks, Gram:)
You write with your heart and that is something i love. And you are an amazing poet.
Oh how I've missed your words Zoya! Wonderful poem yet again! Your a huge inspiration to me

https://essayschief.com

Posted 4 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

4 Years Ago

Wow. Thank you, Christina. That is so flattering:)
Invitation to return life and light to the house? Or something dark possessing the land, luring the unwary to doom? Love this so much!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

4 Years Ago

Thank you, Denise:)
the ghost house,hiding the once beauty it possessed

Posted 4 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

4 Years Ago

Thank you, Ron:)
 wordman

4 Years Ago

you`re welcome

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2019
Last Updated on October 20, 2019
Tags: spokenword, poetry, horror

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..