Update

Update

A Story by Kristen
"

It's been a while...

"
Today, I stumbled across my WritersCafe profile - something I had long forgotten about for nearly two years, if my memory serves me.  Reading through my old poetry and writing was almost an out of body experience, honestly. It was similar to reading about someone else's life and someone else's problems. I'm still weeding through the poems about self-harm and depression and can still relate to some of them, but for the most part that chapter of my life is over. It's fascinating to see how much growth a person can go through in a mere two or three years!

So what have I been up to? Well, since my last piece ("Live for Today", published May 2011) I've graduated high school and gone to college. WritersCafe has basically been replaced by Tumblr, so if you're so inclined to check out any of my personal writing over the past few years click {here}. I've missed the interaction of strictly writers, though, and thinking back WritersCafe was such an important outlet to me in high school. In any case, one of the perks of sharing your experiences on the Internet is you can always go back someday and read them and re-experience those times, in a way. It's much like a journal, and I've been enjoying re-reading my (sometimes horrible) poetry, as painful as it can be. 

   
  

© 2014 Kristen


Author's Note

Kristen
Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The "Now and Later" --- reminds you of the candy...do you eat it now or do you pass for later...and much like life...our taste buds change with time...and with that the thought process is more refined and less at the "What If's" and "Where's is life" taking me...I'd make the font a bit bigger....really small...LOL...I will come back to read more of your work...others I have to get at now...but I will save you for later...

Posted 10 Years Ago


A graceful and eloquent write, Bravo,


Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 12, 2013
Last Updated on March 25, 2014

Author

Kristen
Kristen

MA



Writing
Cloy Cloy

A Story by Kristen


Inhibitions Inhibitions

A Poem by Kristen