Chapter 12 - My Next Step, and a Thank You.

Chapter 12 - My Next Step, and a Thank You.

A Chapter by Kristen

I'm trying to decide my next step in life, more specifically, on this website.

I feel a tad unaccomplished. Yes, I've received a lot of kind reviews that praise my work, etc., and I appreciate that more than you can ever believe. Heck, I'm only 12 reviews away from receiving a Top Writer badge! I can never thank you, my reader, for reading my work and leaving a comment on it enough. I thank the few who have been reading my work from the very beginning as well, and to the ones who have never left their view on my poetry, please do! I really do listen to criticism and I am thankful for any compliment you may leave.

Back to the point of this... I'm trying to decide my next step, which direction my writing should take. I feel like I'm killing the dark themes, such as death, depression, etc. (no pun intended), and that I should challenge myself and try to write something a bit more sweet, innocent, and happy. I've never written anything like that for a few reasons, mainly because whenever I try, it turns out too happy... if that makes any sense. It's sickening, how fake and gross it sounds. Plus, I know dark themes better, and it's much easier to write about what you know vs. what you don't. I'm just rambling now, but I don't know what to do. What should my next step be?

 

Listen to: Breakeven - The Script



© 2010 Kristen


Author's Note

Kristen
Help? :-/

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
Added on April 2, 2010
Last Updated on April 2, 2010


Author

Kristen
Kristen

MA



Writing
Cloy Cloy

A Story by Kristen


Inhibitions Inhibitions

A Poem by Kristen