Hurt

Hurt

A Story by Kristen
"

You know what they say: write what you know best.

"

I tried so hard to write a clever poem about broken trust, need, and betrayal, but I suppose I'm not up to that task quite yet. So, instead, I'm writing you a story, and hopefully my raw emotions will be powerful enough to satisfy you for now. 

~  ~  ~
Have you ever needed someone, but they didn't reciprocate the feelings? Maybe a lover, a crush, a co-worker. What if that person was your best friend? Does that change things? You depend on that person and you know they don't depend on you. To them you're disposable, replaceable, but no matter how much that knowledge hurts you still need them. You don't want to seem clingy or obsessed, but all the same you need them in your life. You're just there for entertainment every once in a while, comic relief perhaps. A different person to talk to, but if you disappeared they wouldn't bat an eye. How does it feel now?
Betrayal. You blend into the background, they change and forget about you. They start a new job, get a boyfriend, start drinking, and you see their life start to spin out of control. But what can you do? You don't matter to them. Anything you say can just be laughed off, ignored. And before you know it, you're alone. Hurting. And they don't care. You start to question everything: why did I become best friends with someone who doesn't even value who I am or what I think? Why do you care what happens to them? It would do a whole lot of good to just walk away, forget about them and start anew before you get involved in things you don't want to and let someone who doesn't care about you control your life.
And maybe I'm blowing things out of proportion. Perhaps I over react and can't accept the world for what it is. But things change, and people change, and I feel stuck. Not moving, not going anywhere. Just watching everyone else go on with their lives, yet not accomplishing anything myself. This is the last thing I wanted to happen, and yet it did. And I'm alone.

 

Thank you for reading.

© 2010 Kristen


Author's Note

Kristen
Thanks for reading, I appreciate it.
Review/Rate if you wish.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good. Sometimes you want to write out the emotion in a pretty, neat poem but sometimes it just needs to be written out. Vented. Sometimes you just have to let it come out however it wants to come out. Nice work writing it. I hope it made you feel a little better.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a very moving story. I know that I have gone through this so many times with one person. One second he cares for me then he flips on me. He was a good friend and now we barely talk. I think the one's we care about are the hardest to understand and protect. Being able to have someone that loves you is a good thing. I think a lot of people don't realize how lucky they are when they have someone that truly cares about them. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"But things change, and people change, and I feel stuck."
After all your feelings shared, this sentence as the conclusion of your heartbreak is just... heartbreaking. Accept the world for what it is, what a difficult task to accomplish sometimes.
Thank you for sharing so raw and honestly.

Posted 13 Years Ago


First of all, I want to say I like these words "You know what they say: write what you know best"
The story was so powerful and very honest, it is about your real feelings I have read some of your poems before were sad and hurt. Now, your story is sad too but it happens alot, I had the same feelings I had the same things happen before to me. At first you said you depend on some people but they don't depend on you, it happens alot to me and its from my family. About the people change when they have own new life I had that too my best friend had a girlfriend and its hardly to find my friend free and when I said you almost forgot about me my friend answered I didnt. It had been over month now I am waiting my friend to send me a message or a call but nothing this how it goes. Dont feel bad, this is the life usually unfair. Very well done and thanks for sharing the story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is an emotive piece of writing love:)
Really hard to get over betrayal, resonates with a lot of people, I should think
Wonderful write
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2010
Last Updated on August 1, 2010
Tags: Hurt, Alone, Trust, Betrayal, Friendship

Author

Kristen
Kristen

MA



Writing
Cloy Cloy

A Story by Kristen


Inhibitions Inhibitions

A Poem by Kristen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Son My Son

A Poem by A.Lee


Let It In Let It In

A Poem by A.Lee


End End

A Poem by Martina


If... If...

A Poem by A.Lee