Chapter 3: Halloween is Coming

Chapter 3: Halloween is Coming

A Chapter by Pugsly
"

October, Jessie's favorite month despite life throwing constant curve balls at her

"

Chapter 3:

Halloween is coming

 

 

October my month, Halloween, my holiday. You can dress up as weirdly as you want for fun and nobody says anything to you unless they’re commenting, but you can’t be made fun of for it. Perfect. I hate when the day ends, it’s so unfair Halloween has to be a day long. Why not a week, but only one day of trick or treating. Actually I think maybe two or something, but not the entire week. I’ve only been trick or treating once, with my Aunt Jennie. She’d managed to have me sleep over that week and I went trick or treating with her. I was eight, so I didn’t get to go with Hunter because he was only two months old. Jennie dressed him up as a pumpkin and he was so adorable.

On the First of October was my meeting with the therapist and the principle. I was sitting in History and someone from the office came to get me and walk me down to the office.

The person took me into the dean’s office and I wanted to run away when I saw that the third adult (my potential therapist) is a man.

“Hello Jessica.” Dean Thomas said to me. My aunt stood up and hugged me. The other guy turned at looked at me.

“Wait, Dr. Vincent?” I asked in shock.

“No, he’s my brother, you’re the girl who went psycho on him the one day out of no-”

“Kiss my a*s.” I said to him and started walking away.

“Jessica come back.” Jennie said.

“No. He’s going to do the same thing the other idiot did to me and I’m not putting myself through that ever again. He can kiss my a*s.”

“I think she need’s anger management before she can get therapy,” the man said.

“Drop dead or better yet, why don’t you go back to your office and harass someone who has their faith in you just like you’re no good scam artist jackass of a brother did to me.”

“I’m guessing this meeting’s over.” Dean Thomas said.

“It was over before it began.” I said and walked away.

“Jess-”

“Don’t try and talk me into going back there because I’m not.” I said angry, “And the only way I’ll go is if I’m going to kick the s**t out of that man.”

“Calm down.”

“No. He’s a jerk just like his brother, they’re still in the mind frame that I flipped out on Vincent out of nowhere, and I didn’t he judged me and was terrible to me and I didn’t want it anymore so I did what I did.”

“I know but you can’t go cursing off every person who makes you angry.”

“Watch me.”

“Jessica.”

“I won’t curse you off, just everybody else who pisses me off.”

“Doing that isn’t going to help you at all.”

“It’ll tell them to back the-”

“Jessica.”

“Well it will.”

“Come back inside.”

“I’ll hurt him.”

“No you won’t.”

“Yes I will.” I said, but I could tell Jennie was done arguing with me so I gave in and went back into the dean’s office.

“Say one word to me and I’ll put you through the same pain I put your dumb a*s brother through.” I warned the guy.

“I don’t want to work with her.”

“And I don’t want to work with you, problem solved, I don’t have to see you ever again, goodbye.” I said turning to leave.

“Why are you turning your back on her so quickly?”

“She attacked my brother.” he said.

“You’re brother was a complete jerk to her.”

“He helped her with all his abilities.”

“Yeah then made fun of me and said the nastiest things ever.” I added.

“Really? Like what?”

“I’m a liar, a stupid mentally retarded b***h, I deserve everything that’s happened to me, I’m psycho, delusional, crazy, want me to continue?”

“That’s a lie.”

“It is not,” Jennie said, “you know what, you where a mistake, so you can leave. Thanks for wasting our time.” She said and he left.

“I told you so.” I said.

“I’m sorry.” She apologized but I was still angry she didn’t listen to what I tried to tell her in my email about how I was not going back to therapy. She tried to give me a hug but I didn’t hug her back.

“It’s fine.” I said shrugging her off of me.

“Are you going to be okay?” She asked concerned about how angry I was.

“I’ll be fine. I have to go now see you later.” I sighed and walked off.

 

I was fuming by the time I returned to history. All I thought about was what the guy said, and what Vincent did to me. I will never forgive him. I hate him so much. I hate both of them.

“Are you ok?” Joe asked me.

“I’m fine.” I said in a bitchy tone. I didn’t mean it but that’s how it came out. When Joe didn’t say anything to me I figured I‘d hurt his feelings “I didn’t mean to lash out at you… I’m sorry.” I said trying to tone down my voice.

“What’s wrong?” He asked looking like he wanted to give me a hug, but I didn’t need one, I don’t want his sympathy.

“I can’t tell you.” I shut him down instantly.

“Yes you can, I’m all ears, and my lips are locked up tight.” He acted like he was zipping his lips and throwing away a key to a lock on the end of the zipper.

“You don’t understand, I can’t tell you, you’ll think I’m crazy. Just forget about it ok. Pretend I’m not here, and you’ll be fine.” I said losing my patients with his prying into my life, well more of trying to get me to tell him something I clearly don‘t want to.

“But I don’t want too.” He said unsure where this was all coming from.

“Well you have too.” I said trying to keep my tone to a reasonable level.

“Jessica, Joe, would you like to share whatever it is you’re talking about?” Mr. Douglas interrupted us.

“No.” I said and he went on with the lesson without another word to us. Mr. Douglas handed us the homework which is a fill-in the blank work sheet on a history of Halloween and the bell rang. I hurried out of the room and to my next class still completely pissed off.

 

Halloween excitement

 

Everybody’s excited for Halloween. This year I plan on being a vampire’s bride. Rose said she wants to be Tinker Bell and Joe wants to be a pirate. Ironic, pirates like to steal things and Joe’s trying to steal my heart. Too bad he won’t get it.

There’s going to be a dance and a Halloween costume contest, and they’re going to try trick or treating. The plan so far is that we get to go around to the classrooms and knock on the doors of teachers during the afternoon. Dean Thomas is obviously giving everybody the day off so it will be fun and a school work free day. There is also a haunted house that will be up and running Monday on the week on Halloween. To my misfortune, I can’t go in it because of the flashing lights and other adrenaline pumping stuff are hazardous to my health… Like I said before, everybody was excited for Halloween and all the upcoming events. It was all everybody could stop talking about it.

“So Jessica what are you being for Halloween?” Meghan asked me condescendingly, like whatever I was being was stupid and lame and not worth her time. We were all in the main lounge, I really don’t like it there, but I didn’t want to be alone in my room, so I came here.

“I’m being a vampire’s bride.” I answered then went back to writing a random thing about Halloween.

“Oh. Okay, I’m being a beauty queen, even though I already am.”

“Congratulations.” I said not caring.

“Do you have to have such an attitude?” She asked.

“Why are you talking to me?” I asked her looking up from my paper.

“I just wanted to know what you were being for Halloween, geez everybody else is talking to people they don’t usually talk to-”

“You think just because it’s a holiday I am going to like you for five minutes? You’re insane. I don’t care if the world is ending, I don’t like you and I never will.” I said and went back to writing.

“Be like that.” She said and walked away.

“Hello Jessica.” Joe said smiling at me. He’s happy to see me or he’s thinking he can make me melt with a smile. He’s going to have to try a lot harder if he wants me to even consider trying to even like him a little bit. Although it is kind of cute… Like he’s trying to put me through hell with deciding whether I like him or not…

“Hi Joe.” I said.

“Ready for Halloween?”

“I wish it would come, I hate waiting.”

“Time flies so it’ll be here then it’ll be over.” Joe said.

“I know. Why can’t Halloween be longer than two days, I know one afternoon if too short, and if it falls on a school day there’s not much you can do during that time, but wouldn’t that be cool?”

“I’d love that! You sound like you‘re in a better mood.” He said smiling. Why does he have to have such a cute smile.

“I’m calmer… Again sorry abut before it had nothing to do with you.” I apologized. “On a random note, is Meghan still handling the break up okay?”

“Yeah she seems fine, but I think in her mind we’re still dating. Hey I was wondering by some strange wild random chance would you ever go out with me?” he asked.

“You’re funny.” I said.

“That doesn’t sound like a yes or a no.”

“I know but I refuse to answer that question.”

“Why?”

“It’ll come back to bite me later on in life I know it.”

“Please?”

“You’re not asking me out are you?”

“No, not yet.”

“Joe I don’t like you like that. I just want to be your friend.” I sighed irritated with Joe and his flirting.

“I never said you did.” He said and I became frustrated. I didn’t know what to do but I knew I couldn’t stay there. I sighed and stood up. I walked away from him and to my room. I didn’t care how he took it, but I knew I couldn’t talk to him any longer about that.

Why is my friendship with Joe becoming more awkward and strained? Why does Joe have to flirt with me? This really has to end or I don’t know what I’m going to do. He does it every day and doesn’t stop. I’ve been keeping a mental note of everything he does and writing some of it down; I watch him when he talks to Rose or any other girl and it is a lot different form when he flirts with me.

 

Bonding, or trying to…

 

On Sunday Rose and I were walking around campus. She was explaining things to me and telling me a little bit about the people here. She didn’t need to I already had developed a feel for how things run and a lot of the people already. I’ve grown to realized Rose is a little more girly than I thought, but I like her. I can’t just hate her because she’s too girly for me. I’ll just live with it unless she starts to become hazardous to my health.

“What’s the deal with Meghan? She’s been on my case and it’s getting really annoying, what did I do to make her hate me?” I asked frustrated with Meghan and her annoying ways.

“Joe’s got his eye on you, not just her. She wants all the attention, she’s been this way since we were in preschool. She’s a b***h with a capital ‘B’. It’s not your fault. She’s just going to act out when the spotlight’s off her.” Rose explained as we walked around the science building.

“So there’s nothing I can do, I’m doomed to suffer like this until I can convince Joe to leave me alone and stop liking me?”

“You can’t, Joe really likes you. He’s not going to leave you alone until you give in and agree to date-”

“I don’t have to agree with anything! If I want him to leave me alone, he’s going to leave me alone, and if he think’s I’m going to give up on that he’s wrong.” Crap! I felt threatened and I defended myself, Why can‘t I control this? “Sorry, I didn’t mean to yell at you, honestly Rose. I’m sorry-”

“No prob. You nervous about Joe liking you-”

“I could careless, no that’s not true I do care that he likes me I wish he didn’t.”

“Why? You two would make a really cute couple.” Rose said.

“Who would make a really good couple?” Joe asked.

“You and Jessica.” Rose said.

“I think we would.”

“No.” I complained to myself.

“Jessica doesn’t think so though.” Rose said in a Tell-that-to-her voice.

“Rose stop.” I said wishing she’d shut up.

“Why?” Joe asked.

“Because I don’t need any boyfriends right now, I’m not interested in anybody right now so I would really appreciate it if you would slow down and just be my friend.”

“Someone’s not in a happy mood again.” Joe said in a weird voice and I laughed.

“I love your laugh.” Joe said smiling. I felt shy and blushed.

“You don’t look so good.” Rose said to me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“You look pale despite your rosy cheeks.” Joe said which made me blush even more only to realize I felt like I was going to faint.

“I’m going to go lay down. See you later.” I said. And hurried away from them. The nurse was the closest so I ran in there.

“Name?” She asked harshly to me.

“Jessica Minchino.” I said knowing I was going to have a seizure.

“Why are you so pale?”

“I’m sick.” I said breathing heavily now doesn’t she know I have seizures? She should have my entire file in her computer… after all she did give Jennie a problem with the medicine and doubted I actually had all these problems

“With?” She asked with a sigh like I was lying or over exaggerating.

“ I-I…” I wanted to say I think I forgot to take my medicine and I’m having a seizure, but the words wouldn’t come out. I slid to the ground as I passed out.

 



© 2012 Pugsly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
Added on September 4, 2012
Last Updated on September 4, 2012
Tags: Chapter 3, Halloween, Evil Angel first draft, seizure, bonding


Author

Pugsly
Pugsly

Barnegat, NJ



About
I'm terrible at filling these things out so I'll keep it short and brief. I love music it influences my writing most of the time, I'm not a big movie person nor am I a big TV person. My computer is my.. more..

Writing
Araya Family Araya Family

A Chapter by Pugsly