Life Happens

Life Happens

A Chapter by Pugsly
"

Kyle's home situation worsens until it hits a boiling point.

"

Chapter 3: Life happens

 

I got tired of waiting and in the summer of ninth grade I dated someone for the first time… Kyle didn’t seem to care. He wasn’t bothered by it, he didn’t seem to be playing cool meanwhile it killed him inside, probably because the guy I was dating lived in Pennsylvania, so we dated for the better part of a year…

 

I moved on from that without much of an issue, made new friends developed new crushes got over old ones. But all the while Kyle stayed in my mind… and for a brief moment of my freshman year I seriously thought he cared. He talked to me quite a lot compared to our middle school days. I felt special that he opened up to me about things other people might not know about, he trusts me to keep his secrets and I kept them.

 

“Hey Skye,” I heard Kyle’s baritone voice behind me; I turned around and smiled at him.

“Hey Kyle,” I greet him but he didn’t return the smile, he looked miserable. As we moved up in line for the ‘breakfast’ I debated whether I should ask what’s bothering him.

“Do you have a quarter I can borrow?” He sounded irritated over the fact he was a quarter short. I handed him a spare quarter and grabbed a white bag from the pile next to the food options.

I decided to gather up some bravery and asked him, “Are you feeling okay? You look miserable.”

“My dad…” He mumbled and I understood.

“Do you want me to come over and yell at him? I doubt he’ll care some fourteen year old is telling him to swallow his attitude and treat you like a human, but someone needs to verbally b***h slap him.”

“No, it’s fine.” He sighed and I noticed he was limping while walking to the cash register.

“Did you hurt your foot?”

“He kicked my ankle before I left for school this morning; we got into a fight about lunch money.”

“Holy crap your ankle could be broken! Have you gone to the nurse or at least checked it?”

“No, I’ll be fine… don’t worry about it.” He downplayed his injury.

“Kyle he kicked you over lunch money! Why was he that pissed about something you need to purchase food so you don’t go hungry?”

“He’s ‘sick of wasting money on me,’ I tried to tell him to let me bring my lunch but that wasn’t an option, I’d be ‘wasting his food that he brought with his money.’ He told me to get a job so I can use my own money.”

“I swear Kyle I’m going to punch your dad in the face until he realizes how f*****g stupid he is. Do you have money to buy lunch? I’ll give you a dollar if you want!”

“I’m fine I have a bunch of change left over although I don’t know how much is left after he tried taking it from me this morning.”

“Why don’t you call the cops on him?”

“I don’t have time for all that dyfs bullshit.”

“It’s not bullshit if it gets you away from that abusive douchebag.”

“I don’t have time for it, I’ll just see if I can live with my mom instead of him.”

That’s how all of our conversations involving his father went, just replace the abuse with something new every day. Sometimes it was physical other times it was verbal, hell the b***h he has to call a step-mom decided it would be a great idea to ‘ban’ him from eating any snack foods they brought because she claimed ‘he eats everything in the house five minutes after they buy it.’ It was terrible, I wanted to take him away from that horrible mess but I couldn’t do anything being a sophomore in high school without a job and even if I had one, where would I go? I can’t live by myself, not yet anyways, but someday maybe after high school I could help him get away from all this madness. 



© 2012 Pugsly


Author's Note

Pugsly
Here's chapter 3, I still don't know how I want to tell this story so I might set this up as the beginning is some sort of flashback thing or something... I'm not sure...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

pretty good, good job. not as good as some of your other work, but still good. Keep it up! I would really like to read more

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 13, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012
Tags: Untitled story, Pugsly, Chapter 3, Life Happens, abuse, romance, high school


Author

Pugsly
Pugsly

Barnegat, NJ



About
I'm terrible at filling these things out so I'll keep it short and brief. I love music it influences my writing most of the time, I'm not a big movie person nor am I a big TV person. My computer is my.. more..

Writing
Araya Family Araya Family

A Chapter by Pugsly