Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Pugsly
"

The fallout of Mara's violent attack leads to Dakota seeking 'vengeance'

"

Chapter Five

 

 

 

December 14 2003

I have to spend Christmas with this ugly brace on my arm thanks to Mara. My parents got into an argument about whether they should let her home for Christmas or not. My mom doesn’t want her back in the house and neither does my dad, but it’s rude to keep your children out on holidays. They don’t know whether it’s rude or it’s the right thing to do considering she broke my wrist for no reason. Dakota is pissed; I haven’t run into him yet because I’m spending my days at Natasha’s house. I refuse to chance going home and facing his wrath. I had to tell Natasha’s parents the severity of the situation, they were going to call the cops but I talked them out of it. I made it seem more of an accident than it was, hell it wasn’t an accident, it was on purpose but i can’t put my parents through the drama of having Mara arrested…

 

 

 

“Hey do you want any minty hot chocolate?” Natasha asked, her eyes tried to avoid the blue plaster cast on my arm but it was hard to ignore.

“I’m not that thirsty…” I sighed. This thing on my arm makes me feel self-conscious.

“Does Ben know what actually happened?”

“Yes and no, he was on the phone with me when Mara broke my wrist but I haven’t talked to him since that night.”

“When do you plan on telling him?”

“Hopefully, I never have to tell him what actually happened. He already doesn’t like them and I don’t want any more trouble with Dakota or Mara.” I sighed staring at my phone wondering if it would alert me of a text or a phone call from him. He’s been rather quite lately and I hope he’s okay.

 

* * *


December 19th 2003,

My parents are coming to get me later on, I can't hide at Natasha's house forever and I shouldn't have to hide from family members. I know it's not fair and I shouldn't have to hide, but I don't want to, no, I can't face Dakota. 

 


 

No matter how much I begged and pleaded to stay with Natasha, they took me home. I had to go, despite nearly throwing up from anxiety on the way back. We arrived and the house was empty. Claire had gone out with friends because she's rarely ever home when Marla and Dakota aren't around.

"He won't bother you," my dad tried to comfort me but I didn't care.

"That's what everyone says, they won't bother you, but Mara broke my wrist because I was talking to Ben! When did Tristan say he'd be back from the gym?"

"He said around the time we got back from picking you up."

"I'll be in my room if anyone needs me." I sighed and ran to my room before anyone could stop me.

 

Tristan hasn't forgiven himself for Mara breaking my wrist; he thinks there's something he could have done to stop it. There's nothing he could have done except read her mind and gain super speed. He was in the kitchen and by the time, he ran up the stairs Mara had already intended on breaking my wrist. He recently joined the gym so he could punch things and not get in trouble. It seems stereotypical but he's always been a fighter but never been motivated. My dad's likes boxing but he wasn't going to force Tristan to get into the sport if his heart saw it as an occasional hobby. He considered going professional but decided he didn't want to cut his life in half by risking a freak accident and ending up a vegetable. It seems a little extreme but he wasn't ready for the long-term injuries and wear and tear on his body. He would have made a great boxer or some kind of athlete; he's tall well over six feet five. According to my mom, he used to keep his hair at his shoulders when they were growing up, but at some point in time, he stopped cutting it and let it grow down to the middle of his back. He keeps it tied back in a tight ponytail. He's a big man and Dakota is almost a carbon copy of him. He's not as tall as him, but he has everything else. I'm scared he'll kill me someday.

 

* * *

 

 

For some reason I completely forgot about the fact that Dakota knows that I had to come home. I was under the assumption that he thought I’d stay at Natasha’s for forever. Now that I’m home I don’t even know if he’s aware I’m back... He knows I'm not stupid enough to stay and face him.

I can’t hide in my room forever, my stomach has other ideas…

I happen to walk downstairs because I needed food but I planned on taking it back to my room and I would bring the plate down later on in the evening or wait for Tristan to walk by my room and ask him to bring it down to the kitchen.

 

He wasn't happy to see me, not one bit. He didn't charge at me like I thought he would. He just stared me down and it made me feel bad for wanting food, but I needed something to eat. I don't know why I put myself through the torture of making a microwavable pizza, but by the time I realized how long it would take to cook, I'd already pressed the start button. He watched me the entire time while I got a plate, napkins and a drink for myself. I tried to avoid looking at him, but I could feel him watching me. I wished the kitchen and dining rooms weren't open areas. Why couldn't the developers build a wall between at least one of the rooms. I have nowhere to hide and I'm not going to talk to him, but I can't take him glaring at me. I decided to play with my phone so I had something to look at other than the pizza spinning slowly in the microwave.

 

I didn't hear him move, I didn't hear him walking across the living room towards the kitchen, and I didn't notice he'd entered the kitchen until he smacked my phone out of my hand. It flew across the room and hit a wall in the dining room. I thought he hurt his hand on my hand brace, but somehow he hit me so hard that the brace did little to buffer the pain.

"I just want food give me five minutes and I'll be back in my room. You won't see me or hear from me for the rest of the night." I whimpered but he didn't say anything. "I'm getting my phone now."

He grabbed my arm and wouldn't let go.

"Dakota~"

He slapped me, twice his giant hands stung my face and I honestly thought he punched me. I don't know how I wasn't crying, but my legs were shaking.

"I'm sorry Dakota. I didn't mean to piss her off I was going to stop talking to Ben I just had to say goodbye first." My apology wasn't good enough so he slapped me again. "Don't hit me!" I begged as tears started to fall down my numb cheeks. He hit me harder, more than two times I don't know how many times he hit me but each slap was harder than the previous one.

 

I put my bad arm up to block my face but he pushed it away and wrapped his hand around my throat. He didn't squeeze at first, I thought it was for pure intimidation purposes, but I was wrong. I regret not screaming before he started choking me. I couldn't get any air or any noise out of my mouth once he started, he's that strong or my neck is that small and weak. He dragged me across the kitchen and slammed my back up against the first thing he could find, which happened to be the refrigerator. I closed my eyes and hoped that it would end quickly, I didn't want to die but if he's going to choke me to death, I hope it goes by as fast as possible.

 

I fell to my knees gasping for air and hoping he’d let go of my throat. He let go of me when he realized I knew that fighting was pointless. When I could breathe, he pulled me up by the back of my shirt and leaned as close to my face as he possibly could, "If Mara's not back for Christmas, I'm going to beat you." His threat was clear despite his harsh whispering in my ear. He's blaming me for Mara's punishment, they've always blamed me for their punishments, but this time my life is on the line. He let go of me and walked back to the living room. He turned on the TV and started flipping through the channels acting like nothing happened.

 

The beeping of the microwave scared me I choked back a scream, Dakota tuned me out while I put the pizza on a plate burning my fingers in the process. I cut it up but it was sloppy and not cut through all the way, it was hard to see through the tears in my eyes. I put the napkins under the plate, carried the drink in my bad hand and the pizza in the other, and hurried out of the kitchen as fast as I could, until I remembered my phone was still sitting in the dining room floor in pieces.

I didn't care for it, I want nothing to do with Dakota, I don't want to see him anymore, I don't want to be near him, and I don't want to be in the same house as him.

 

I put the food on my desk, collapsed to the floor and cried.

 

 

* * * 



Someone's knocking at my door, but I'm too scared and weak to move. I don't know how long I've been laying here for, but I'm sure my pizza has been cold for at least thirty minutes.

"Jessie, are you awake?" It's my mom, I didn't answer, she's the last person I want to see right now. My neck and right side of my face are probably black and blue from Dakota's hands. That won't convince her to let Mara back in the house. She made dinner and wanted me to come downstairs, but I acted like I was asleep.

"I'll save you a plate in case you get hungry later." She gave up and went back downstairs.

 

 

My dad discovered the pieces of my phone; he knew I wouldn't abandon my phone on the floor broken. He knows how to pick locks and that exactly what he did to get into my room. The fact my phone was broken and I wasn't responding to my mom probably scared the both of them. He found me lying in the same position I was in for most of the night.

"Why are you lying on the floor like that?" He asked as I curled up tighter so he couldn't see my neck.

"I felt like it."

"What happened to your phone, have you been awake this whole time?"

"I guess it fell off the counter when I was making pizza." I lied and he knew I was lying.

"Well your pizza's cold, why didn't you eat it?"

"I don't know..." I don't have a story ready for him but I'm not telling the truth.

"Jess, did Dakota do something?"

"No, he didn't do anything."

"You know I'm going to ask him later on so you might as well tell me now."

"I need you to let Mara back for Christmas."

"We're still thinking it over, why do you want her back after she broke your wrist?"

"I don't know just tell Dakota you'll let her back in the house."

He knew Dakota did something; he moved my arm away from my face and neck and saw the bruises. He stayed calm while he picked me up from the floor, he pulled out my desk chair so I could sit down and he could examine my injuries.

"When did he do this to you?"

"While I was making pizza he slapped my phone out of my hands after staring me down for a while. Please let Mara back for Christmas, don’t tell mom about this, and don't kick him out as much as I want them to stay away from me, if they're going to hurt me because one of them thrown out just keep them both around. That doesn't make sense, but nothing makes sense anymore."

"I'll take care of this, I promise." he hugged me I love his hugs; I've never felt safer than in my dad or in my mom's arms. I don't know how he's going to fix this and I don't want to know how he's going to fix it. I pray that it doesn't end up with another beating.

 

 



© 2012 Pugsly


Author's Note

Pugsly
Chapter five isn't really done I wanted to add something to it but I'm not sure what... I absolutely love how the scene with Dakota and Jessie turned out though... Also sorry for the random font changes i can't help what this website does when i copy and paste things from the word document to this text box...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Damn, total cliffhanger. I love your story. It has a great plot and awesome characters (even Mara and Dakota). I really like how you've made all of the drama happen at home. I want more

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

611 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 15, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012
Tags: Evil Angel Version 2, Chapter 5, bullying, intimidation, anxiety, pain, fear


Author

Pugsly
Pugsly

Barnegat, NJ



About
I'm terrible at filling these things out so I'll keep it short and brief. I love music it influences my writing most of the time, I'm not a big movie person nor am I a big TV person. My computer is my.. more..

Writing
Araya Family Araya Family

A Chapter by Pugsly