Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Pugsly
"

Jessie finally tells Ben about Dakota...

"

Chapter Eleven

 

 

When we got back to his room, we turned on the flat screen TV to the weather channel. It had nothing good to say regarding the weather in Portland, there's at least an hour of rapid falling snow, blizzard like conditions.

"I think we're going to be stuck here for a while." I thought about calling Aileen, but I don't want her driving in the mess that's headed our way. It wasn't snowing yet and there's a drug store not too far from here. They should sell concealer for maybe five dollars. It'll be cheap and probably crappy quality but it's better than nothing.

"Well I could go wherever I want as long as it's not in the direction the storm already passed through, but you're out of luck on that since it's already snowing in Triple Creek."

"I need to borrow five dollars."

"Can I ask why you randomly need five dollars?"

"No, I just need five dollars."

"Okay then, where are you going to spend it?"

"The store across the street, I'll be right back."

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"No, I'll be fine." I put on my coat and headed out the door.

"Well I'm going with you anyway." He said as he hurried to put on his coat.

"I'm not going far; you can watch me out the window if you're that paranoid."

"That won't help at all." He locked the door and I had no choice but to walk with him to the store. It doesn't mean I'm going to tell him why I'm buying concealer randomly a few minutes before a massive snowstorm.

 

Just as I thought, the store had a low quality brand of concealer slightly off tone from the one that Aileen used this morning. I didn't care I brought it and handed Ben two dollars back in change. He looked confused, I don't buy make up that often because I don't wear it unless I need to and as far as he knows I don't need makeup.

"So are you going to tell me why you randomly felt the need to buy makeup?"

"Nope," I didn’t feel bad for not telling him why I need makeup; it’s none of his business really…  

He looked concerned and I could tell he wasn’t going to drop the subject any time soon, "Why not?"

"Because I don’t want to talk about it..."

"If you think I'll tease you for it, I won't if it's that big of a deal."

"I'm not telling you, end of conversation." I said and hurried into the bathroom to see if the bruises showed. Despite the bright lights by the mirror, Aileen's concealer held up to the test. I look normal.

 

* * *

 

The snow lasted for the rest of the afternoon meaning we're not leaving Portland for quite a while. I knew I should have gone home. My wrist will be killing me by tomorrow, and who knows when that drug store will be open again. I should have brought ibuprofen while I was there. On the bright side, I could go outside and stick my hand in the snow for a little bit.

"Well this is going to be interesting. You planned on spending the day with me and we end up snowed in for the rest of the day."

"It's only interesting you decide to be an a*s for the rest of the night."

"What happens if I do that?"

"I'll punch you again."

"You know your punches aren't that harmful." He sighed so I hit him as hard as I could and proved him wrong.

"What about that one?"

"Well you made sure that hurt!" He rubbed the sore spot on his arm. I turned my attention back to the weather channel covering the snowstorm and the mass amounts of snow suddenly dumped on Portland and its surrounding areas.

I heard Ben moving but before I could ask what he was up to, I felt something tickling my sides. I tried to push his hands away but he wouldn't let go and when I managed to stop one hand, I couldn't hold on to his other hand because of the obnoxious brace. Although he didn't jerk free when I accidentally grabbed one of his hands with my broken one. He pulled me back so I wasn't sitting on the end of the bed and by doing that I lost the advantage of standing up and running away.

"Do you want me to kick you again?"

"You're not going to kick me this time."

"Then stop tickling me!"

"No, it's fun."

"This is only fun for one of us and it's not me!"

He stopped tickling me for a moment, "Don't lie, you're enjoying this just as much as I am."

"How would you know?"

"I can't think of any other way to say this but I seriously feel you just let me tickle you sometimes."

"I think you're full of s**t." I said and quickly rolled over off the bed.

"I have arms you know."

"No duh, it's not like you didn't just tickle me for like the million time today." I rolled my eyes at him. He didn't respond other than a slick smile on his face well more like a smirk, he's planning something and if it's tickling me again I will hit him. My feet started moving, he'd grabbed my arm and pulled me forward and I wasn't sure, if I was moving too fast or if it was his fault. I put my arms out so I didn't crash into him. One arm held my back and the other scooped my legs up so he had me in a cradle position in his arms.

"Ben~"

I tried to tell him to put me down but he decided that kissing me would be a great idea. Not on the cheek like he did before, but on my lips, and it wasn't a long one either. A quick kiss on my lips that left me speechless, he did it again when I didn't say anything for a few seconds and then on the third time he didn't pull away, he kept kissing me and I kissed him back.

 

I need to stop now; I can feel my cheek stinging... I don't want to stop; I can ignore a little pain...

His hand lightly brushed against my cheek and I jumped. I was in more pain than I thought.

"I'm sorry, did I hurt you?" He asked.

I gingerly touching the spot where Dakota slapped me. "No, that wasn't your fault." 

I got off the bed and ran to the bathroom. The white towels sat on a shelf the bigger ones on the top and the smaller ones on the bottom. I took one and wet it a little. Ben walked in, unsure if he should have waited or if I wanted him to follow me.

"Dakota hit me a few days ago." I forced the words out my mouth, each one hurt with the same intense pain as his hands slapping me had.

"Where did he hit you?" Ben asked shocked.

"My face, he slapped me, repeatedly he slapped me until I could hardly feel his hand hitting my face and then he shoved me across the kitchen I think my back hit the refrigerator. He pinned me again the fridge and choked me and he did it because the slapping was a test to see if I'd scream. I thought that screaming would make it worse so if I stood there and let him hit me as quietly as I could he'd leave me alone faster."

 

If Mara's not back for Christmas, I will beat you.

 

I saw his face in the mirror, glaring at me with the same evil stare; I saw his hand reach for my throat. I screamed.

 

 

* * *

 

An ice bag rested on the nightstand next to the bed. Even through the washcloth Ben wrapped it in, my hand still felt cold. I’ve been icing my face every few minutes and then resting slightly longer.

“Is your cheek feeling any better?” Ben asked.

“A little, but my hands are freezing, that washcloth isn’t the best buffer for the cold.”

“Sorry about that,” Ben sat down next to me and reached over to grab the ice bag, “back in the freeze it goes.” He didn’t have to reach over me, he just chose to… because he knew it would make me blush, my heart skip a few beats, and I wouldn’t be able to think straight. That small teasing smile formed.

“Shut up, you kissed me first remember.”

“I haven’t said anything.”

“The words are written all over your face!”

“I have to disagree with you on that.” He laughed and moved away from me. I think he wants me to tell him to kiss me, but I’m not going to chase him.  Two can play this game…

“What’s with that look?” He asked noticing I was giving him the stink eye. I remained silent; he knows why I’m glaring at him. He put the ice pack in the freezer and returned to sit next to me, but facing me. I leaned forward and kissed him first. He nibbled on my lip once, a little love bite lighter than a nibble. At some point, he forgot one side of my face is still in pain; his hand lightly stroked my left cheek. I cringed a little… it didn’t hurt too badly, but I wasn’t stopping just yet.

“Sorry about that…” He apologized.

“I’ll be okay.”

“I’m worried about you.”

“Don’t worry…” I paused for a moment, “just kiss me…”

 

That’s all I wanted to do, kiss him until the end of time. It made the pain go away, once the stinging in my cheek disappeared. I felt like this was some kind of victory over Dakota. He wants me to be miserable and scared; right now I’m the happiest girl in the world. He ran his hands along the curves of my body and I honestly thought for a moment he was going to take my shirt off. I hesitated for a moment I don’t want sex, I just want him to kiss me and hold me until I can’t feel the pain anymore.

 

* * *

 

A mug of hot vanilla instead of hot chocolate, topped with fluffy whipped cream and a light layer of sweet caramel, one of Ben’s hoodies covering me, it’s so bit I could hide myself in it. Ben got the drink to go with a movie I wasn’t that interested in but it gave us cuddle time so I was happy.

I don’t think I’ve felt this carefree in my entire life. I am enjoying it and I hope it never ends. I don’t want to go back home, I want to stay with Ben forever.

 



© 2012 Pugsly


Author's Note

Pugsly
In case anyone is curious about the cover photo, that's what hot vanilla looks like and I found it on pintrest. It looks and sound delicious. I wish to try it some day :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
Added on October 22, 2012
Last Updated on October 22, 2012
Tags: Evil Angel Version 2, Chapter 11, Romance, Bonding, Flirting, Truth, Comfort


Author

Pugsly
Pugsly

Barnegat, NJ



About
I'm terrible at filling these things out so I'll keep it short and brief. I love music it influences my writing most of the time, I'm not a big movie person nor am I a big TV person. My computer is my.. more..

Writing
Araya Family Araya Family

A Chapter by Pugsly