2.ASSASIN

2.ASSASIN

A Chapter by Paris France
"

She is an assasin. This is all she knows…

"

 

Her delicate body plunges through the night.

The dark luster of parallel skyscraper windows mirrors her falling form.

  Turbulence whips through her black hair and cuts at her eyes. She shuts them, still maintaining her expressionless mask.

  The city is below her.

Amid the web work of air lanes, thousands of shimmering lights are visible--minuscule at this altitude.

  The moment she hits air traffic her thermo-optic camouflage activates, rendering her invisible to the human eye.

  Her arms are plastered to her sides, her legs as well--like a black bullet penetrating the writhing flesh of Shinjuku.

  Sleek vehicles zoom past her as she dives headlong into the congested network of traffic. They race from all directions, threatening to strike her invisible frame. Bizarre passing engine noises and shrill, squealing, horns strain her ears.

But she gives not notice--so focused is she on her locked target.

It is directly below her. The sliver vehicle identifies the license number previously downloaded to her.

  Time to act.

With extreme precision she hit’s the cab top. She spreads across the roof gripping the sides for stability. Relentless, the jagged wind tares at her ivory face, but she betrays no concern. She is controlled by an overwhelming drive to execute orders.

  Her bloodstained irises, glint in the headlights.

  Tight lips utter no prayer.

She simply blends with the city rush around her--an unseen assassin.

She switches on her infrared vision and detects four bodies in the cab. There is a driver and three passengers.

  But she knew that.

Gently she slips off the cab top, so that her feet rest on the slight trunk. She still holds to the cab roof.

  Then, reaching down to a strap on her leg, she draws a black hilt.

A pressure point along the hilt’s length causes a limp blade to unroll. The disconnected pieces are strung together by thin metal cord. A quick wrist flick, and strong katana blade solidifies with a nasty snap.

  Without hesitation she jabs the stinging blade into the cab‘s roof.

It runs cleanly through, much to the alarm of the persons in the vehicle. Their body language betrays panic. The driver swerves radically out of lane- -- into oncoming traffic.

  She tightens her grip on the stuck Katana, pulling herself up. Now, on the cab top, she stands, narrowly avoiding an eclipse with two other cars.

  The silver vehicle speeds out of control.

   She is vulnerable.

She bends backwards, her slender torso flattening as an above engine skims across her front.

  The katana is her anchor. She keeps a tight grip; her existence depends on it.

Next, the reckless air car surges into a wide tunnel. It is vacant--- lit by a nerve-shattering white florescence. Every sound is amplified in an overwhelming rush.

   Perfect.

  She moves quickly.

Securing a strong footing, she braces herself. Arm muscles clench as she strikes her right hand into the roof.

   It clears.

She grabs the edge and wrenches back a strip of cab top.

Sparks fly, metal grates and groans as she pries it apart. Such a feat would be impossible for a mere human.

  Her hypertonic Gynoid frame is constructed of the strongest alloy in existence. She may not appear so, but her muscles can withstand literal tons of pressure.

   She is unstoppable.

   This girl is a perfect weapon.

Shouts of terror erupt from the men inside, now visible. Her optical sight locks on one face in particular.

  Target acquired

She drops down into the spacious cab, the katana still stuck in the roof. Instantly, she reverts to combat mode.

  Two large men, on either side of the target brandish firearms, disguised as silver briefcases.

  Paranoia mares their sweaty features.

  They open fire.

  She is too fast.

  Bullets spray the air. They aim to hit the invisible assassin.

But the driver is shot first--an accidental casualty.

  The car bolts to the left, turning of it own accord.

She hits the floor swiveling on her palms as she trips both men with a strong sweep of her legs.

  They go down.

  She launches up.

A quick palm thrust to the jaw smashes the first man’s head to the side window. Her hand staying his gun.

  Vital signs: unconscious.

At the same time, a powerful right kick to the second man’s weapon, pins it to the door-- breaking his hand. She gives a swift foot jut to his chin and snags his gun. His head is bashed against the roof.

  Vital signs: unconscious with minor abrasions.

  They never stood a chance.

Immediately, she turns on her target.

  Her vision is red. Every cybertronic particle in her body screams: Destroy!

Terrified, the man cowers before her. His wide eyes are watering, his mouth agape.  He scrambles back as far as he can into the dark leather seat, trembling.

  She is still holding the weapon.

  She aims for his skull.

  Bang.

 Vital sighs: terminated…

 



© 2010 Paris France


Author's Note

Paris France
This is really the only intense action sequence I have ever written. I tried to keep blood out of the picture, I want this to be action packed, not a blood bath so don’t think I am being unrealistic.
Any comments welcome!
God bless : )


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really liked the chapter especially the fight scene. I don't think blood is necessary unless it completely calls for it. an example is the genre of the story, or exactly what type of weapon is being used. I understand that a katana was being used but it wasn't used on people an even then it still wouldn't necessarily need to have a scene filled with blood and gore. I also liked when you told us what your character was thinking. It did have a cybertronic assassin feel to it. If you are feeling good with the story then I really think you should continue the story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow! You don't need the blood. For the reader in their mind they will imagine what "terminated" is and it implies so much. The swordplay is so well thought out. I love the pace of this story also, it's moving right along. Keep up the great work! I'm hooked!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good action is not gory. I agree with you on that one. Vivid picture again, as I said about your previous chapter. No need to tell us this is your first time. Wear your new badge boldly, proudly. YOU ARE officially an action writer now. Not finished reading, but I like what you've written so far, of course. TTYL.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this a lot! I'm so glad your writing more, I only so one mistake I thought I should point out:

"Vital sighs: terminated…" You used 'h' instead of 'n'.

But I'm really enjoying this book so far, and your not being unrealistic, this is great, you definitely have me hooked.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good sequences. You're kinda caught between a script and novel with the format you using. But the story is really good.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1043 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2010
Last Updated on December 3, 2010
Tags: Assasin, Shinjuku, Japan, Gynoid, Sci-Fi, Mystery, Thriller


Author

Paris France
Paris France

In Your Dreams,, WA



About
Kind, sweet, and cute--that’s who people say I am, but do they really know me…? Perhaps not, and that’s why I must tell you. I am a complicated little person, who likes some thin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Breathe Breathe

A Poem by Emily Quinn