1-4

1-4

A Chapter by PyroKitty24

“Sparkie?”

                “Hm?”

                “How long have you been here?”

                Sparkie opened his eyes and pushed his brown hair out of his face. He stared down at the smaller man talking to him. He couldn’t remember his name, but he knew the man was a new prisoner. He had only been there for about a week, if he remembered correctly.

                “Nineteen years, soon to be twenty.” Sparkie muttered in reply.

                “Why?”

                He had expected that question. “Killed someone.” He said before closing his eyes. He grumbled when the man asked another question.

                “And the guy next to you? Who’s he?”

                Sparkie glanced over to see who he was talking about. The man on the next plank was staring right at them, but looked as if he was lost in thought. He was easily recognizable by his blue, almost purple, eyes.

                “That’s Lance Wise. He’s been here as long as I have.”

                “Really?” the other man said in surprised, “Why?”

                “He stole a loaf of bread, I think.”

                “Nineteen years for a loaf of bread?”

                “He’s tried to escape a few times.”

                “How many?”

                “Four. Can’t blame him, though. We’re treated like f*****g dogs. He almost made it a few times too!”

                The men stopped talking when the door to the barracks opened. The head guard of the prison walked in, holding a yellow slip of paper. Both men knew what that meant. Freedom.

                “Wise!” the man called, his voice dark and deep despite his small physique.

                Lance slowly sat up, and the guard approached him. He handed the man the slip of paper and asked, “Do you know what this means?”

                Lance groggily took the paper and stared at it. “Yes,” he said slowly, “It means I’m free!”

                “You’re still a criminal. We’ll be watching you, Wise. Don’t forget that. The second you even slightly step out of line, you’re back here.  I’ve been the one watching you the last nineteen years; I know what you’re capable of. I’ll always find you. Remember me every time you so much think of committing another crime! Remember the name E.J. Spoorn.”

                Lance just gave his shoulders a slight shrug and jumped off of the bunk to land next to Spoorn.

                “I’m ready to go.” He said, “I have nothing to gather.”

                Spoorn just glared at the man before walking off, the now ex-convict following after.
 



© 2012 PyroKitty24


Author's Note

PyroKitty24
Cast List:
Lance Wise - Jean Valjean
E.J. Spoorn - Javert
Sparkie - Prisoner
Emma - Valjean's sister

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on January 30, 2012
Last Updated on January 30, 2012


Author

PyroKitty24
PyroKitty24

Toledo, OH



About
Hey, I'm Crystal. Writing was something I've always done in my freetime, and once I discovered this site and used it for a while I decided I want to focus more on my writing skills. Please review my w.. more..

Writing
1-1 1-1

A Chapter by PyroKitty24


1-2 1-2

A Chapter by PyroKitty24


1-3 1-3

A Chapter by PyroKitty24