Chapter 3: First Meeting

Chapter 3: First Meeting

A Chapter by .quan.011.
"

Nick will meet as old friend he hasn't seen in years.

"

 

            After combat class I wanted to talk to Alexis, but her and her little group disappeared. So I head back to my dorm for a quick shower and to change to some clothes. I put on a black shirt, some dark blue jeans, and some black sneakers. I looked at my schedule and it read:

First period �" Hand to Hand Combat Class

Second period �" World History

Third period �" Basic Mathematic

Fourth period �" Weapon Combat

Lunch

Sixth period �" Tracking and Hunting

Seventh period �" Physic Science

I had World History and Weapon combat next so I grabbed my two books. I looked at my watch and I only had two minutes to get to class. I ran out to the main campus where everyone was going to. I arrived at the school main building and spent a few seconds looking for the class room. Eventually I found it, and right on time. I walked into the classroom and it was full of students, but the teacher was late. It made me feel really luck, because at least I wasn’t alone. The class was full and only one seat in the back. I took a seat in the back.

            I soon noticed Alexis sitting with her bodyguards in the middle rows. They were talking about something when I noticed how divide the classroom was. One side was full with people from my earlier combat class while other side was full with people I never seen before. Okay when I say that the people in my combat class were beautiful, but these kids made the rest of them look like normal. They were extremely pale, very skinny compared to the other kids like myself who was a little more muscular. I didn’t know what was going on or why the class was split.

            It was twelve past the time the class was to start. I was about to leave when the door opened up and our extremely late teacher walked into the room. He was tall, little muscular, and had brown spiky hair with brown eyes. He was wearing clothes that a young professor would wear a brown suit with a white shirt and red tie. He walked up to the front desk and threw his black suitcase on it.

            “Welcome class to World History, I’m Mr. Smith. Today, we are going to do something fun. I have put everyone name in a hat. You will put a name out of the hat, talk to that person, learn about this person’s history basic information, what kind of food or what this person favorite color, and then present your information to the class next time” said Mr. Smith.

            The hat went around the room from the front of the room to the back. I could see from Alexis’s express that she might have got me. She seems a little angry about the person. When the hat finally got to me, I reached inside, and pulled out a slip of paper. It read: Amelia Darcy. I had no idea who this person was. I looked around the room as everyone got up and left the room with their partner.

             Someone yelled out “Nick! Is there a person named Nick in this room?”

“I’m over here, I said as I walked out of my seat, “Are you Amelia Darcy?”

            The girl got up from her seat and the moment she got up I recognized her as the girl I was watching from the window.  God, why I does it feel like I have been stalking her. She got up and I just couldn’t help put stare. Physical she looked like a normal girl nothing really special, but there was something about her that this made my jaw want to drop.

            She smiled “Yeah, I’m Amelia Darcy. So I guess we have the whole class period to work on this.”

            We walked out of the classroom and immediately approached by a group of three girls, two young men, and Alexis who looked very pissed. I think I finally found someone she hates more than me. Alexis had her arms folded and sighed as she looked at me. It was very awkward for the both. She looked like was about to kill someone.

            “Amelia, where have you been hiding at?” asked one of the girls

Amelia said “In back of the class getting to know Nick.” She smiled at them with a plastic smile indicating to me that they weren’t really truly friends.

            “Would you like to join us for lunch?” another girl said

Amelia said “I would love to, but I’m taking Nick on a tour. He’s new here.”How the hell she knew I was new here, “Now we need to get going.”

            We walked out of the building and head to the courtyard. As soon as we arrived everyone started whispering around us like buzzing bees. This was getting pretty annoying now. It seem like Amelia was little shyer about this. She was trying to hide her face in her hoodie. It seems they were all talking about her. That why I hate gossip all it does is cause problems to people and joy to other people.

            “Hey, what was that all about?” I asked as we left the courtyard with everyone still staring at us.

            Amelia said “What you haven’t heard yet? Wow, you probably the only one who does already know I’m going to be queen one day.”

            “What you guys have a queen? Do you guys have prime minister too?

“Wow, you must be new to this world.”

            “Yeah, I just arrived yesterday. I know nothing about this vampire society.” I chuckled

We entered the forest and she led me through the forest. I try to take in the site, but Amelia was in such a rush. She marched through the forest like a soldier marching to a battlefield. I followed silently as she kept walking not saying a word. We walked to a field full of beauty wild flowers. I stopped at her and she jumped a little like she completely forgot I was following her.

            “Are you okay?” I had to ask.

“Yet it is just some time I wish I wasn’t a princess. Everyone was looking at me, whispering, and it’s just on my nerves.”

            “Come on let’s sit down and talk about this” I led us to a big tree that gave amazing shade. She sat one side and I sat at the other side. “So Princess Amelia, how did you become a princess?”

            Amelia said “Just call me Amy, and Queen Nebula chose me out of 4 nieces which makes me very special.”

            “How?”

Amelia said “I forgot you’re new to all this. You don’t know how this our system works. Kings and queens chose their heirs in order to royal families to stop fights. Each family has their own turn to have a member of their family to be king or queen. It seemed fair, but usually the heir is the eldest children. However I have three older sisters which make this very scandal.”

            I said “I guess you really are special. The queen obliviously thinks so or she wouldn’t have picked you.”

            Amy said “So tell me about you, Nick. Do you even have a last name?”

I sighed I should have expected she was going to ask questions about my past. “Well no, I was a doorstep baby with a red blanket and a note that said his name is Nicholas, and please take good care of him.”

            Amy said “That is it”, I nod my head; “You don’t even know what your parents. I think that kind of a blessing.”       

            I said “What wrong with your parents?”

Amy said “My family is all about traditions, and most royal women are promise to royal men. My sisters have all been promise to royal men even though it does stop them from having fun. Everyone expect me at least until I got this new gig and now every guy around the world wants to marry me. Expect for dhampir men”

            “What’s wrong with dhampir men?” I asked

Amy said “Nothing just dhampir men and vampire woman can’t have children. Actually dhampir men can’t have any children not even with human women.”

            I could hear the sadness in her voice. I guess she was sad because I couldn’t produce offspring. I was actually overjoyed. Me not being about to produce child meant-

            “I have like the ultimate condom!” I smiled

It took a while her to actually say anything. I guess she was just thinking it through when she finally said “Wow, I really never thought of it that way.”

            “Do you drink blood?” I asked

She answered “Yes, it is necessity something rather not drink blood. That’s what I like about dhampir. You are strong, fast, you have incredible senses, and you don’t have to feed on humans. You can eat regular and can walk in sunlight no problem.”

            “But you’re out in sunlight right now.” I said looking at the bright yellow sun

She said “Drinking blood doesn’t just nutrient us, but protects us from the sun. Otherwise I would be dust right now. What was your childhood like?”

            I said “Normal of a human child. I want to be a normal child. Father Matthews taught me more than any teacher could have.”

            “Father Matthews?”

“He was the owner of the orphanage I was raised on. He was like a mentor to me. What about your childhood?”

            She answered “My childhood was very plain for a royal. I was watch over 24:7 for all my life. I couldn’t move with someone being with me. Then I came here I thought I would finally have some freedom, not. I know what you thinking poor little rich girl”

            I laughed “I wasn’t going to say that. Everybody has their problems no matter what life you have.”

            She said “I rather you not tell the class this.”         

I said “Okay, but why do you care what they think?’

            She said “And you don’t?”

“Of course not I really don’t care what people think. They are entitled to their opinion, and most of them won’t even to your face. “I said

            She said “Yeah, that because people are scare of you.”Then she suddenly became very quiet.

            So quiet that I started thinking she might have left. So I walked over to the other side to find her still there. She was sitting there with pale skin so white that she looked like the definition of Snow White. Her hair blowing with the wind, and her blue eyes fixed on me.

             “People are afraid of me?”I said sitting down next to her

She admitted “Sorry, but you do scare. Your history          of violence kind of gave you a bad reputation.”

            Fighting, I do have a history of fighting, but it’s not really my fault. I have seems to have a face that everyone wants to hit. People are always picking on me. Then I give them more of a fight than they bargain for I’m the one end up in trouble. Then I get kicked out of school and sent back to the orphanage. Oh well at least they know I can defend myself. For the next few minutes we talked about everything from our favorite color to what our favorite music is. Then it came time for our next class, we walked out of the fields.

            “So what class do you have next?” I asked

She answered “Elemental Magic, a very boring class suppose to teach us how to use our magic, but really it just tells us the rules.”

            “Rules, there is rules?” I asked

“Yeah like you can’t use magic to attack anyone especially humans, you.” she said.

            “I have weapon training. I hope it’s better than hand to hand training. I spend a lot of time running and doing push-up” I said.

            We kept walking until we reached the campus. Then I immediately noticed the guy who was kissing Amy yesterday started walking towards us. He smiled as he walked to her and kissed her. She was taken for surprise, but got into it quickly.  I guess he was one of her lucky suitor. I felt a little awkward watching them so I turn around to leave when I felt someone stopping me. They broke apart after a few minutes I guess vampires can go without air for a very long time.

            “Hello love” he said with a smile.

Amy said “Hello to you too, Nick this is Adam Liam. Adam, this is Nick.” He gave me a fake plastic smile.

            Adam said “So you’re Nick the runner.”

I said “Yeah, nice meeting you well I better go.”

            Amy was about to say something, but Adam interrupted “We better go too.” Then Adam started pulling Amy off, but I stopped him. Then I turned to Amy.

            “What were you going to say?” I asked Amy

Amy said “Nothing, just it was nice talking to you.”

            I said “It was nice talking to you too. It was fun,” letting Adam pass, “We should do it again sometime.”

            Amy said “Yeah, we should.” She looked back before disappearing into the crowd.

 



© 2010 .quan.011.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

As i must have said before it develops into a nice story. You also have a lot of action but i think you lack descriptions. It also seemed a bit rushed in the beginning.

Another thing that bothered me a bit: "They were talking about something when I noticed how divide the classroom was." I don't think the two parts of the sentence don't connect very well.

Otherwise you should really work on your style a bit and do some revising and paraphrasing. With that your story will flow much much better and be easier to read. Will be reading forward.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
1 Review
Added on June 16, 2010
Last Updated on June 16, 2010


Author

.quan.011.
.quan.011.

Newark, DE



About
Hello my name is Quan and I'm new here. I write a complete of stories that I will update. I don't do any peoms, because I'm not good at them. Thanks for reading and review my work. My Novel .. more..

Writing