Chapter 5: Family Pains

Chapter 5: Family Pains

A Chapter by .quan.011.

 

 

            Mrs. Peterson led us to her actual office and not saying a word to anyone. Adam was talking more than anyone. Amy just looked at me as we entered the office. This room was nothing like the room I first met Mrs. Peterson. It was small library with shelves of books, and desk with a computer, and had a lot of files on top of desk. We each took our seat and quietly waited for Mrs. Peterson to say anything, but she just looked at us. She wasn’t just looking at us, she was looking through us. She was a telepathic. She was probably reading our mind or looking at our memories. I wonder if she could do that.

            After a few seconds, she said “So you met old man Victor.” Yeah, I was right she can read memories too.

            I said “Old man, you two looked alike the same age. He might be a couple of years older than you.”

            Adam laughed “You must be new Victor is at least 350 years old.” The more blood ran out of his nose and he quickly covered it with his tissue.

            “Do you want me to punch you again?” I asked. He turned a little whiter as he looked at me.

            Amy looked at me “Nick, he was just correcting you.”

I said “I know I just don’t like the way he said it.”

            Adam said “So how I should I have said it.”

I said “Less like a jackass!” Amy let out a little giggle while Adam and Mrs. Peterson looked at us. Amy looked down in shame.

            Mrs. Peterson said “Mrs. Darcy Mrs. Westner, please wait outside with Peter while I talk to Nicholas.” Amy and Adam walked out the room leaving me alone with Mrs. Peterson. Usually she seems in control, but now she seems so emotional. It made me wondered why this Victor could get under her skin.

            “Nick, you report to your room as sun set no matter what or you’ll have dentition for a month” Mrs. Peterson said breaking the silent.

            I was shocked that I was being punished for something I had no control over, and Mrs. Peterson knew it. She knew I had punched Adam while I was under Victor’s control. Then the words you and I had a lot to talk about run through my brain. Then it all became clear she was afraid of what Victor was going to say to me. Whatever Victor was going to say to me Mrs. Peterson didn’t want me to hear it. It made me want to see it even more. Without saying a word I got from my seat and walked out of the room. There was nothing I could say I was struck here until I get cleared about this bullshit charge. I walked to my next class by the time I got there everyone was talking about what I did to Adam leaving out the whole Victor part. I guess gossip really does run fast this place. Some was mad, some was afraid, and others though it was f*****g hilarious. Once the sunset, I walked back to my room with my head full facts. I locked the door behind me, and threw my books on the bed.

            “Interesting, a room can say much about a person.” I turned to see Victor lying on my bed with a magazine in his hand.

            I said “What are you doing here? How are you are out of your cabin? The sun is still out.”

            Victor got up and in a blink of a eye he ran right in front of me. He looked me in the eye.

“I need to talk to you.”

            I let out a little smiled “Really what?”

            ‘You should listen to him” Then for some strange reason Father Matthews appeared beside him, but I didn’t think Victor could see him because he didn’t act like he just saw a ghost or even acknowledged Father Matthews was there.  

            “A war is coming, and we both know that. You must be prepared.” Victor said pacing back and forth. “Even now their rank grows every day the darkness grows.”

            “What the hell are you talking about?” I said while jumping on the bed

Victor chuckled “Of course, they wouldn’t have told you youngster. The world is at war the Alliance we liked to call ourselves, and your organization I really don’t know what your system called against the Scourge. They are strong, bloodthirsty, and there are many of them. Unlike us they can make as many as they need.”

            “What they can super breed or are you saying they can turned people into vampires. Wait! Can’t you guys do it? I asked

            Victor said “It against the rules, why our kind mates with humans or dhampirs to pass the genes. Our kind can’t we are unable to, but we changed humans. However we don’t. You have strong blood, Nicholas. You will be a great warrior, commander, or even a general. After all you were able to fight one of them with little actual training.”

            The vampire attacked me that night. He was one of the Scourges. I remember that fight well. The man was strong, fast, and very tough. Victor was recruiting me for army. I didn’t know I threw into this loop after everything. I hardly got use to being in school with a bunch of vampires and now you want me to help you a army of evil vampires. Why that finds that very interest and fun I rather not.

            “Sorry Victor, but I’m not your guy. I don’t want to fight in this war I just want to leave and go back to my normal life.”

            “Well, maybe you shouldn’t have fire the first bullet. That vampire you killed was a Scourge more important it was one of the lord’s sons. They are after you boy and if you get out of here they’ll find you do me a favor ask your teacher about the Great Vampire War.”

            Then he walked over to my window and leaped off of it disappeared in the darkness. I got out of bed. I kicked the crap out of it. Damn it, not only do I have the police and FBI after me, but now I seem to have started a war. That just ended my plan of leaving this place. I couldn’t just leave knowing I started a war. Everyone in this school could die and it’s my entire fault. If I started this war it’s only fair that I would the first to enlist.

            Next morning, I was prime and ready to ask my golden question. That all I could think about all morning, I wondering what exactly would happen. Everyone else in the class room was happy even Amy who looked over at me. She smiled at me and I couldn’t help but smile back as Mr. Smith entered the room. He was all smile and cheerful.

            “I hoped everyone has completed their assignments?” he said before all the class nod “Good, anyone have a question they like to ask.” My hand shot straight up. “Yes, Nicholas.”

            “Can you tell us about the Great Vampire War?” I asked him the smile quickly faded away from his face, and turn into a scold.

            “Why do you want to hear about that war?”

“I found some reference and though you might explain something to me like how did the war really get started.”

            He chuckled “Okay, it all got started when Cain killed Abel. God was furious Cain killed his brother and cursed him to live in the darkness. He turned him into vampire. As human begin to populated Cain began to fled on them discovered their blood made him stronger and faster. Then he started to turn others to create an army. That army was called the Scourge and they were the first group of vampires. Cain used his new army to conquer the land. He almost conquer expect they was a growing rebellion which led to Great Vampire War. Rebels were called the Alliance led by a vampire named Ravel. The war was so bad that God decide to flood the world.”

            Someone said “Why weren’t we told of this? Mostly history books don’t cover this.”

Mr. Smith said “Because it was dark times and magickas would rather forget about it so they cover it up what god left over. I’m not really supposed to be telling you this, but think it’s important for you to know. “

            I asked “How did the Scourge survived?”

Mr. Smith said “No one knows. I don’t even think the Scourge knows how, but I do know this it only takes one to create many. Now let’s back to those assignments.”

            Is this worse than I thought if these creatures could survive God’s wrath then what hope do we had of surviving this war. Two of these were already killed these Scourge vampires, something that I wasn’t suppose to know about. Thanks to Father Matthews I know. Everything was being covered no one in this room knew why I ran. I watched Alexis give her report about Matt. I couldn’t help wonder Alexis doesn’t know a damn thing about me or the others. Should I tell her or maybe I should leave her be. She moved on with her life and telling her would only open old wounds. One by one everyone give their report. Amy made gave an excellent report on me while I think I did okay.

            At lunch instead of joining the others, I head straight to forest where Victor’s little cabin was. It was the middle of the day so I should have guess that Victor who have been sleeping, but I didn’t care I need to talk to him now. I knocked on the door. The door creaked opened and pulled me into the cabin like I was a fish pulling out of water. Inside the cabin there was absolutely no sunlight. I had to wait for my eyes to adjust before I could see Victor kept little to nothing in his little cabin. I could see a couch, a small television set, and a small kitchen. Victor on the other hand wasn’t in the room. I walked to the television when I heard a creak coming from the floor. I removed the room to see a trap door. Of course, if a vampire would live in a cabin, he must have a hidden room. I opened the trap door and dropped down into the hole. Unlike upstairs, there was a light and other decorations like pictures, a stereo and even a bed. Things that made the place looked more like someone was actually living here. Victor was sitting in his comfortable looking chair reading something on his desk.

            He didn’t look up. “So what did you asked your teacher about the war.”

“Yeah, he said it a great war between vampires like a civil war, but what make you think the Scourge are truly back. All we know it could just be a gang of vampires trying to make a name for themselves.”

            Victor looked a little tense, but he still didn’t look at me. “We don’t know who running the army now. Centuries ago they all a bunch of tribes, disconnected and undisciplined, but now something has change. They are united and acting like an army again.”

            I said “What do you want me to do?”

Victor said “We need some new blood in the Alliance, but I’m guess you’re going to need to see with your eyes. I was able to track a group of them below in the sewers. You are welcome to come along to see the creatures.”

            I said “Okay, but are you expect me to fight or just watch you from the sidelines.”

Victor puts on his coat and threw a small dagger to me. I guess he expect me to fight. He opened another trap door that jumped inside of it. I followed him and enter the smelly sewer. This is one of those rare moments I wish I didn’t have enhanced sense of smell. It didn’t seem to affect Victor as he continued trudging through the mud like water. I followed him silence. We walked on what seem like miles. I guess when you get to 350 years things like bad smells and rats don’t bother you. Victor didn’t seem to mind anything like he was in his own little world.

            “I have a question. Why aren’t you a sleep? I thought vampires fall asleep during the daytime. I mean you can’t walk in sunlight right.”

            “Vampires don’t sleep, at last not the ancient vampires.” Victor said

“Ancient Vampires are like old and powerful.”

            “Yes, our blood is pure like your magickas. They all have a little human blood just not as much as you.”

            “Hold on let get this straight there are three levels of vampires. There are ancient vampires that no human genes in them. Then magicka that does have very little human blood and then dhampirs are have half human and half vampire.” I said Victor nod his head. “Okay, got it then”

            We reached a gated pipe that was big enough to fit a grown person if he like crawled. Victor ripped opened like pulling a cork of a bottle. He went into the pipe and I followed him. We walked a little farther until we reached an opening. It looked like someone had sliced the pipe in half with a laser or something. Victor dropped out of the pipe. I saw him hit the ground and he gave a signal to come along. I dropped about 12 feet before hitting the hard ground. I kind of expect my legs to shatter from the impact, but I was okay. Victor kept walking through the darkness. Then I started smelling something weird something different. Underneath the scent of mold garage, I can smell rotten corpse and human blood.

            Victor said “I see you expect your legs to break. Didn’t teach you the basic?”

I said “The school taught me some things, but the other things I learn from Father Matthews

            Victor said “George Matthews?” He looked a little shocked.

Before I could say anything we heard the sound of rushing footsteps coming from the darkness. I readied my dagger as footsteps got louder and I started hearing growling. Through the darkness I could see thirty corpses like people all with pale white people wearing ragged clothes with black eyes and fangs. One of them lunged at me. I slashed the creature on the neck with my blade. He turned to dusk and fade away into the air. Outraged others rushed at us. Victor and I going to have the fight of our life. I barely held my own. These guys were stronger, faster, and completely wild. I cut, slashed, killing them left to right, but more just kept coming. Victor on the other hand was like a wall nothing could get past expected dust. He used his nails like daggers slashing and stabbing anything and everything near him. I tried to fight like him, but one of them got lucky and lifted me up in to air before I stabbed him three times in the heart. Then other tried to grab me, but I slashed her in the neck. I fought harder than I ever fought in my life. This was way worse than that one vampire I had to fight. Then something unexpected happened something I never would have guess in a million years.

            “Nick.” A familiar voice said from behind me

I turned around to see Sam Whish my little brother looking at me with black eyes. He was much taller and much more muscular. However he still had that little boy face. “Fun seeing you here” he said coldly. In a blink of an eye, he kicked me the chest, grabbed my dagger, and then stabbed me in the chest. All while laughing at me. He walked away leaving me on the ground. The pain was extreme. I have never been stab before.  Other soon ran away as Victor rushed toward me. I was going to pull the dagger out, but Victor stopped. He was going to say something, but I slowly passed out. I guess the pain was too much for my brain to take so it just shut down. Wow, my family sucks.



© 2010 .quan.011.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dear Quan,

I’m sorry if you were irritated by my comment my intention wasn’t to sound smart or put you down, it was purely my honest opinion in attempt to help you improve. Also unlike you might think I never had any creative writing experience as a child nor my major has anything to do with literature, so don’t think I have such a deep understanding of the literature world.

I understand that this is your first story. I know how hard it is I had a first story too once. Actually you can take a look at it, it’s called “The Darkness.” What I wanted to say is that grammar has nothing to do with lack of literature experience it’s more connected to literacy as a whole and I suggest you improve on that. I’m not so great in grammar either but MC Word spell-check does the job for me so I suggest you use it if you have such difficulties revising what you’ve written.

Also I’m really surprised you actually put more effort into your forcefully nice answer to my comment than to your actual writing. I mean your comment on my comment was much better and more correctly written than your actual story with the only difference it lacked plot. I understand you don’t intend to go into writing professionally, but for the sake of your readers, since it’s a really good story, I suggest you put just as much effort into revising and correcting your spelling and grammar errors as in your answer to my comment. (Don’t forget MC Word has spell-check ^.^)

And if you do not wish me to continue reviewing you can just say so.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Dear Sky,
I going try to be nice right now.....Wait I'm still trying........Damn this hard.....One, I accept your comment, but really I'm just doing this for kicks I don't expect to make a career or any money out of this. Two this is the first actual story I have completed and its really rush because I got off the vampire thing. Three unlike you I don't have a writing major and I didn't really do any creative writing as a child so this is all new to me. Thank you for your comment.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ok, i know i should be nice and all but i cant. So I'm sorry but this is gonna sound harsh:


"Mrs. Peterson led us to her actual office and not saying a word to anyone." Incomplete sentence.

"We each took " you don't really need "each."

"but she just looked at us. She wasn’t just looking at us" repetition, try randomizing the phrase.

"looked alike the same age" Look alike and look the same age are 2 completely different things, don't put them together.

"The more blood ran out of his nose" Why is that "the" in there?

"he looked at me. Amy looked at me" Repetition.

"So how I should I have said it." I dong get a thing from this sentence.

"breaking the silent." You cant break the silent you break the silence (actually you can break it but it will be bloody and probably end up in jail since silent is an adjective usually used to describe a person)

"was going to say to me. Whatever Victor was going to say to me" Eh... do i need to say it - repetition.

"to see it" To "see" it or to hear it?

"Some was" You mean "some were" right?

"Once the sunset" Once the sunset what?

"they can turned people " Incorrect structure.

"Our kind can’t we are unable to, but we changed humans" Unclear structure.

Ok, I'm gonna stop here because i don't want to comment on every 3rd sentence. As always your story and development are good. However... the grammar and style... are... no i wont comment on that.

In conclusion i will only say - Do read more books.
(btw this might sound impolite but is English your first language?)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

428 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 25, 2010
Last Updated on June 25, 2010


Author

.quan.011.
.quan.011.

Newark, DE



About
Hello my name is Quan and I'm new here. I write a complete of stories that I will update. I don't do any peoms, because I'm not good at them. Thanks for reading and review my work. My Novel .. more..

Writing