Chapter 8: Happy Birthday

Chapter 8: Happy Birthday

A Chapter by .quan.011.

Birthdays were never my strong suit I could barely keep track of my own yet alone some else’s. Now I reequip to get an amazing present to a vampire princess who practically anything she wanted. I spent days listening to everyone bragging about what they got her. Matt got her simple silver bracelet while Alexis found a cute her words not mine sky blue top. I felt embarrassed when everyone turned to me and I got nothing. Every day I would see Amy’s smile as her excitement grew for her birthday party. I didn’t want to disappoint her. Then it hit me, I found the perfect present and all I need was one day.

            Little before midnight, I was almost ready with my basket full of food and movies, but still need the birthday girl well almost birthday. I walked to the royal girl dorm room. I never actually never been here before, but I heard that her room was on the 12th floor. She lived in the royal suite. The dorm building was locked so I only had two options wait for someone to open the door for me which seem very unlikely or climbing 12 stories and hoping Amy is still awake. Guess which one I picked. I placed the basket in my mouth I was going to need both my hands for this job.

            I launched myself into the air and grabbed the 4th balcony railing. This was one of those rare moments I love being a dhampir. If I was a human or full vampire this little stunt would be impossible. I repeat this a few more time as I climbed it started raining. I didn’t put the food into tuber ware I would be angry. The rain didn’t make my climb any easier I almost slip a few times thanks for wet rails. When I finally got up to 12th floor, my clothes and I was feeling a little cold. I climbed over the railing and looked into the window. I saw Amy watching television in her grey t-shirt and black shorts. Her hair was put into a bun. I knocked on the glass and she turned around see me. She jumped and looked very angry as she walked toward the balcony.

            “What the hell, Nick? If my heart could beat I would had a heart attack. What are you doing out here?” I took the basket out my mouth.

            “Happy Birthday, Amy Darcy.” I said with a smile. She smiled back, but shook her head. “Can I come in?” Amy nodded and led me back to her room.

            Amy said “You might want to get out of those wet clothes. I’ll get you a towel.” She walked into the bathroom. I took off my shirt and begin looking around. The place was the royal suite with king size bed, huge wall in closet, and big plasma screen television. It made my room look like a joke. I put the basket on the floor when I heard a little grasp. I turned to see Amy looking at me her mouth was opened.

            “Is everything okay?”           

            Amy replied “Yes, here the towel. “She tossed it to me. I started wiping my chest. “Do you remember I eat food?”

            “Yeah, that why I got a bottle of blood from the market.” Amy reached into the basket and pulled out the bottle. She looked at the wrapping.

            “I got O blood type. This must have cost a fortune.”

            “Oh no I actually got it for free after I help out an old man really nice guy. He gave it to after I told my little plan for tonight he insisted I have it.”

            “That nice” she opened the bottle and took sniffed into the bottle. “I hoped you brought some gla…” I walked over to the basket and pulled out two champagne glasses. I grabbed the bottle and pour it into a glass. Then I handed it to Amy. “What are you going to drink?”

            “I have strawberry milk in the basket. I love strawberry milk.” I said with smile.

            She said “Will crack it open and let’s have a toast.” I pulled out a big gallon of milk and opened. I poured it into my glass and we toasted our glasses. “Thanks for everything.”

            “You’re welcome, birthday girl. Now I got some movies you might want to watch.” I got into the basket once again and pulled out a stack of movies. “I got Titanic; Shakespeare in Love, Terminator, and When Harry met Sally.”

            She said “Put in Terminator I never seen that one before.” I was shocked I put in the movie and walked back to bed. Amy sat that the foot of the bed while I sat on the floor and leaned on the bed.

             After two hours of nonstop action, I end up eating all the food while Amy drank herself to sleep. She was lying in her bed. Mission Birthday Girl was a success. I quietly put away all the tuber ware. I exit through the window leaping off the balcony hitting the ground below another reason I love being a dhampir. I walked back to my dorm room. As I walked I started getting this funny that I was being watched. I stopped moving and started scanning the courtyard. Raindrops bombard my face, but I didn’t move. I stood there like a statue focusing all my concentration on my senses. My sight, hearing, and smell became heightened .Then I caught a whiff of someone familiar. I leaped onto the courtyard what do I find.

            Sam was standing the middle of the fields soaking wet smiling at me. I dropped the basket. I walked closer to him and slowly reaching into my pocket where I keep the dragger. I was about it out when Sam shot his hands up.

            Sam said “I surrender, brother.” I looked at suspense about him and a part of me wanted to stab him still.  My grip tightened around the handle of dragger.

            “What do you want Sam?”I said trying my best to keep my temper.

            He said “I’m here to warn you. There’s going to be an attack on the academy or more specific royal suite and both know what’s…” I didn’t hear the last word he said I jet back to the royal suite.

             I didn’t deal with the climbing I just busted through the door. Everyone opened the doors as I ran through the hallway and up the stairs. I got to the 12th floor and kicked into the room. Amy’s sisters got out of their room.

            Anna said “What the hell are you doing?” I ignored her as I enter the room. It was completely empty no sign of struggle. I searched everything bathroom, closet, and I flip over the bed nothing.

            I said “Damn it, where is right she?” I started panicking as I turned to see Sam entering the room.

            “I guess we were a little to la…” I tackled him and pinned him into hallway wall. Anna and her sisters entered the room. “I get it. You lost your girlfriend.” I smashed his head against a wall. “I don’t know where they would take her. Probably kill her already.” I punched him in the gut and toss him into the room. I entered the room. Anna, Sarah, and Gabriella were in the corner with their cells calling someone. I didn’t care all I care about was Amy and getting her back. Sam was the only person who knew where they would keep her.

            “I told you I surrender. I can help you.” Sam said getting up from the ground. “I knew where they might be holding her.”

            I said “You going to take me there.”

            “Fine, I take you to the warehouse. It’s the only place nearby they take her. It’s only a few minutes away from here we should bring Alexis.”

            “No, she stay where is. Whatever happened we’ll handle?”

            “Speak for you half-blood I’m a full vampire.”

            “Whatever, let’s go.” He walked out of the room. I was about to followed him when Sarah stopped me. I looked at her she looked very concerned.

            “Bring back my sister, Nick.” This was the first time Sarah had ever said something to me. She usually just gives me an evil I wish you were dead look. I nod my head and exit the room. We walked down to the stairs and out the door. There were squads of dhampires warriors surround us. All were dark clothing and had silver stakes.

            “Listen, I know what you all were thinking and yes you are correct he’s one of the Scourge,” I said that and then everyone almost attacked, “ The princess is missing and I need him to show me the way.”

            Mrs. Peterson appeared in front of the crowd. “You’re not going any…” She hits the ground along with everyone else. Peter walked out the forest glowing like an angel.

            “Coming or not!” He said we followed him into the forest. We walked into the gate and leaped over it. Peter took out the guards in complete silent. A couple of punches they hit the ground. We high jacked one of the school vehicles and drove of the lot.

            “We have two hours and twenty minutes.”

            Sam said “For what?” She was sitting in the back seat of the car.

            Peter explained “We have two hours to get Amy back before her parents arrived and twenty minutes until everyone wakes and realizes what I did to them. Now where is this place?”

            “In the docks Pier 21, we go there a lot in the past couple of weeks. Hunting and killing good times good times.”

            I said “You were this close anyone noticed. What the f**k is wrong with us?”

            “You people what happens to humans all you care what’s going on in your borders.” Sam said. I hate to admit it he was right.

            I turned to Peter and said “What the hell did you do?”

            Peter reached into his shirt and pulled a round medallion with a blue jewel in the center. “It’s a magical item that allows me to control minds and blocks telepathies. It was given to me by a friend.”

            “Same friend who told you about our little mission. It one of the sisters isn’t it has to be. So the real question who?”

            Peter said “Can we play twenty questions after we saved the princess?” We pulled into the lot and got out the car.  It was completely expected for a few old cars.  There was no sign of any Scourge or Amy.  Peter popped the trunk and pulled out a few silver stakes. He handed two to me and put in his pocket. He closed the trunk. I noticed he was breathing hard.

            “You’re okay, man?”

            Peter said “Yeah, I’m fine. I just never fought a nest before.”

            “You want to stay in the car, because I can…”

            “No, no let’s go.” He pumped himself and marched into the pier.

            Sam and I followed him as he got to the door. I opened the door slowly and quietly. Peter was the first to enter the warehouse. It was pitched black then suddenly the lights came on. I quickly turned around to see Sam had disappeared.  A double cross I would be surprise, but I already knew he was going to do this. Peter tapped me on the shoulder. I turned to him and see Amy tie to a chair. Peter and I walked into her cautiously waiting for an ambush. I knew Sam would betray us, I just didn’t know when. Peter watched out of anything as I untied her. Then the lights come on we found ourselves surround with large group of vampires. I counted about 40 some were men, some women, and other were teenagers like us.

            “Surprise, I tell me you were surprise. I thought my acting was good. You know whole throwing the fight to make you think you were strong than I was.” Sam said standing on balcony.

            I said “I’m sorry about Sammy, but I smell this trap a mile away. I admit I fell for the whole fake fight, but the warehouse trap. “I shook my head. “I give it a 4 its style and creativity something that you don’t seem to have.” Sam growled as he leaped of the balcony. His little army starts charge like a pack of wolves.

            Peter said “Something else he doesn’t have.” I looked at him he smiled. “He doesn’t have backup.” Then a black smoke appeared in front of and the academy guards rushed out. They started fighting the Scourge taking them apart using the stakes to stab them in the heart redubbing them to ashes. One of scourge charged at me. It tried to claw my face, but I ducked and countered it with a punched in face. It’s hit the ground as other starts charge at me. Peter leaped into action backing me up as the group approached.  Their black eyes showed a blind rage as they raise their claws to attack.

            Peter and I were ready for this blocking, dodging, and counterattacking.  We watched out for each other blind spots. Blocking attack the other couldn’t see. One of the scourges got past us and headed straight for Amy. Amy didn’t look scare or worried, but I was. I kicked the last scourge as Peter stabs him. I rushed toward Amy who didn’t need me. She just looked at the scourge and he just stopped his track. Then all of sudden he started burning from the inside out screaming as his bones turned to ash.

            “What the hell was that?” I asked looking at the dusty remain.

            “An ancient spell my mom taught me if I ever need to defend myself. What? I don’t want to be the damsel in distress.” Amy said “Now let’s go get b*****d brother of yours.”

            I leaped on top of huge piles of boxes. I see Sam on the other side of the warehouse ripping through some of the dhampir warriors. He saw me and started heading to the exit. I gave chase leaping from one pile to the other until I smashed through a window. I landed right in front of him. We were standing on the pier face to face. One on one no one could help us.

            Woo, Sammy, my feelings are hurt, you weren’t going to say good bye to me.” I said Sam growled as he intended his claws and teeth. He fought more like an animal trying to crawl and bite me. I was ready for him. I trained hard with Peter to prepare for this fight. I pulled out my dagger and tried to get any clear shot at his neck. He was too quick everything I had opening he would move out the way then he grabbed my arm. He tossed me into a pole.

            He laughed “I don’t get it. Why you. Why is he so interested in you?” He walked over to me and lifted me up. Then he started punching me. “I’m stronger. I’m faster. I’m invincible!” He punched me one more time before letting me drop. He grabbed my dagger and stood over me. “If you dead, he’ll have to respect me.” He lifted up the dagger ready to give the final blow. Blood was dropping down my nose as I looked up at him. I was so sure it was the end until I heard someone yell “Get the hell up.” I didn’t recognize the voice and didn’t really care who said, because they were right I need to get the hell up.

            I kicked Sam’s legs sent him pummeling to the ground. We both got up Sam still had the dagger. He lunged at me with the blade trying his best to stab. I could see he wasn’t used to using a blade .I dodged his strike and punched him the jaw with powerful right hook. He hits the ground. He slowly tries to get back up, but I don’t give him a chance. I kicked him back down. I looked down at him. He coughing up blood and sneered at me.

            “Come on!  Come on, you son of b***h. Go ahead kill me. I’m not afraid Michael will revenge me.”

            I said “Wow, you are dumb little b*****d. Do you think Michael give a damn about you. He never did not when we were kids and not now. Awake, Sam it’s not too late you just have to open your eyes.”

            He grew angry I could see it in his face. “Shut up!” he charged at full force. He tackled me and crashed into the post. We fought over the knife punching and kicking each to trying to gain some kind of advantage. He tried to thrust the blade in my chest, but I block his hand. I put him into a headlock and grabbed his hand. I tried to drive the blade into his heart, but he was still strong. I kicked in the stomach to break his focus and then I drive the blade into his heart. He let out a small cry.

            “I love Sammy. “ I said there were no tears going down my eyes. My brother was already dead.

            Sammy said with his last breath “Go to hell, Nick.” Then I saw a lighter being thrown into a fuel dock. I could see some of the gas coming out of the container. I jump into the water holding on the Sam’s lifeless body. The place turned into fireball sending debris everywhere. I remembered floating in the water trying to get me and Sam to the shore when huge debris crashed on top of us. I was knocked out instantly.



© 2010 .quan.011.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good build up and nice development. Full of action but the pacing is good.Nice twists with Sam too, you showed their emotions and conflict in a relatively good way. You do need a bit more descriptions. I wont mention all the typos, repetitions and grammar errors, please do revise.

In conclusion as a story it's nice and full of action, as for language - needs more work.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
1 Review
Added on July 20, 2010
Last Updated on July 20, 2010


Author

.quan.011.
.quan.011.

Newark, DE



About
Hello my name is Quan and I'm new here. I write a complete of stories that I will update. I don't do any peoms, because I'm not good at them. Thanks for reading and review my work. My Novel .. more..

Writing