Chapter 23

Chapter 23

A Chapter by .quan.011.

 

  Amelia and the others ran through the long hallway as molten magna beginning surround them and the ceiling began caving in on top of them. Tiny pebbles fell on top of Myles’s head waking him up. His eyes slowly opened to sight of Dayna and David. Then he felt the hot air and saw magna slowly following them.

  “What the…”

  Matt said “Good, you are wake. I would let you down, but we are kind of in a situation.”

  They got to the exit the mountain and jumped off the cliff with the magna following them. They started pummeling toward as Amelia spread her wings. She grabbed Matt and Jessica who were still holding Myles and Lucy. She started slowing down until they simply hovered in mid air. Unfortunately, David and Dayna continued falling. There was nothing Amelia could do expect watched them hit the ground.

 They screamed loudly as they fell when Nick and Peri appeared in the sky. They dived after them while the other angels flew up to Amelia. Dayna were about to the hit the ground when Nick caught her by the arms. He threw her up into the air and then caught her. Peri caught David.

  “Wow that was close. We almost lost you too.” She said with smile. “Let’s get up…”

Boom! The sound echoed through the canyon. They looked up at the mountain as it was spitting out lava. It was the only one as all the mountains around it was erupting as well. They flew back to the others.

Nick said “We have to get the hell out of the place.” Anthony took Jessica while another angel took Lucy.

He looked around to find his uncle, but couldn’t find him. He turned to David and was about to say something, but Matt interrupted him.

“Everyone follow Amelia, she will led us out of here.”

Everyone turned to Amelia who began flying away with flocks of angels flying behind her. They flew above the land that began to crack and hot gas shot out like huge geyser. They dodged the gas the best away they could. Weaving in and out, they continued moving. Below the land was being destroyed, earthquakes were shaking the land, the black water level began rising.

Jessica looked down and saw the zombielike people still walking around as if nothing was happening. They were all going to die and it looked some of them welcome death.

“Amelia, we have to do something.”

Amelia looked down and saw the people drowning in the black ocean. Some people were climbing over large stones waving their hands at them. She wanted to help them, but she wasn’t sure with she was going to be about to get everyone out already. Stopping to help everyone would just slow everyone down.

“I’m sorry, but we can’t. We have to keep going.” However some of angels didn’t feel the same.

They dived down to the ground and sweep up as many people as they could carry. Some of them grabbed as many four people while other grabbed only two. After the dive they flew back up to formation. Amelia could seem that these angels weren’t the complete a******s she was led to believe.

They continued moving when the ground exploded. It made a huge geyser sending hot gases into the sky. Amelia quickly turned right avoid the gases. She didn’t fully understand what was happening it was like the place was turning into a giant volcano. It was getting bad and it was only getting worst as they continue flying. Above their heads the blue moons were getting close toward them.

     Jessica said “Amelia look out.”

     Amelia shifted to the right avoiding the giant mass of rock as it collapsed on the ground. Amelia couldn’t believe she never seen such a thing before yet she felt this wasn’t over. As they continued flying she saw tornados suddenly formed around them. Some dropped right on top of them taking out a few angels and humans. It blew them away as Amelia watched helplessly as it swept up more of her comrades. They flew away from the tornado’s direction. However more tornados were forming around them dropping down like bombs from above.

     Amelia and her group tried to move out of the way, but it seem as if tornados were targeting them. The tornados followed them from behind gaining more speed as it sucked up more and more earth. She already lost more than half of her fellow angels. She wasn’t going to lose anymore. She turned around and threw Jessica into the air. She then unleashed a brigade of fireballs. It hit the gang of tornados and making them explode sent hot air everywhere.

     Amelia flew back and grabbed Jessica before she could even hit the ground. Unknown to both of them and huge white lightning bolt hit her on the back. It blew right her armor hitting Jessica too. It hurt worst then anything they had ever felt although both were very quiet. They fell to the ground as the others flew down toward them.

     Peri dropped down beside her and tried to heal her quickly. Matt stopped her. “We don’t have time. We have to get out of here.”

     Peri said “We can’t just leave them here.” She laid her hand on Amelia’s head, but Matt slapped her hand away.

     Matt said “You’re going to have led the others out of here. Just keep going straight you will find a crack in wall. Now go! Nick knows what I am talking about.”

     Peri said “What are you going to do?”

     “I’m staying here with them. I guessing that Amelia is probably healing right now and we will get Jessica out.” He looked at the dangerous landscape.

     Peri said “Fine, come one everyone.” She flew up into the air leaving Nick looking at Matt.

     “I should stay with you I am still Jessica’s guardian angel.”

     Matt said “You also the leader of the Fallen. You are more important than of us. You need to continue the fight, now go!”

     Nick flew away following Peri and the others out of the area. He continued looking at lands as lightning storms and tornados destroying everything. The black water rose up to the hills trapping anything it touched. Matt immediately decided just because he knew couldn’t get them to the crack does mean he wasn’t going to try. He was going to get out even if it meant he had carried them all the way there. He threw Jessica over his shoulder and placed Amelia under his arm. Then he started moving up the hill. The tornados seem to ignore him and started chasing the other angels. This was good that one disaster he didn’t have to worry about. Now all he have to do is avoid the hot gases, outrun the black water flood, and dodged lightning. Easy, he told himself.

     In his heart, he knew it wasn’t going to be that easy. It wasn’t going to stop him from trying. He continued walking in a fast pace as lightning strike the ground behind him. The sound of thunder made a loud bam making his ear want to bleed. It was a lot louder than he had ever heard back on earth. He continued walking through all mess this world was becoming.

     Thank god, Amelia and Jessica was light otherwise he wouldn’t nearly got as far as he did. He stilled his legs getting weaker, but he didn’t stop. He walked the hill over what was once a beach. It was now covered in black water. All the people walking along the beach would have now sank to the bottom. The water level was still rising getting close toward them. He started running up the hill. They were closer to the crack now. He needed to walk a few more miles.

     He continued telling himself that to give him a little hope as he went up another mountain side. It was getting harder as his legs were beginning to hurt. He wasn’t going to give up, Amelia and Jessica never failed him. He wasn’t going to fail them. He stopped running, but started walking. He saw many people just watching the storm.

     “What are you doing? Why aren’t you running?” he yelled as he walked through the crowd.

     A woman replied “We are waiting for him to save. He said he would save us.”

     He thought nonsense waiting for someone to save them. They should try saving themselves. He walked up the mountain the cliff and looked down only to see the people were still waiting for their hero. He snorted as he continued marching. Just few more miles he told himself. He had one more mountain to climb before he could even see the crack. Unfortunately, his legs didn’t want to move now. They cave in making him collapse to the ground.

     He couldn’t believe it, he was so close. How could he have failed? He looked at the mountain and tried to get up. His legs wouldn’t let him as he couldn’t get up. Then he saw an intense light from behind him. He turned around expecting to see angel trying to kill him. Instead he saw the old man walking toward him. All around him time seemed to have stop. The tornados stopped spinning, lightning stopped falling in mid-air, and water stopped rising. He was wearing a white armor

     “What up guy, what are you doing?” he said. Above him saw a large group of stars flying through the sky.

     The old man said “I’m sending you all home. This place is dying, but you will die with it. You have a lot of work ahead of you.”

     He placed his hands on Matt’s shoulder. Matt watched as a blue aura surround his body and then he was simply fade away. The old man simply waved his hand and then he was gone. The old man turned to Jessica and placed his hand on her head. She faded way as will. Then it looked at Amelia and placed his hand on her head. Amelia immediately awake up.

     “Jessica!” she shouted as her head popped up.

     The old man said “Don’t worry, she is fine with Matt. We need to talk. I need to find the holy artifacts and make sure no one use them.”

     Before she could say anything else, she faded away into the air. The old man simply smiled at her while she was more confused than anything else.

     “Now the war had truly started.”

     A female voice behind him said “It’s already too late. The war had came and already past you by.”

     “We will see it’s not over yet. Not as long as people will continued fight evil you will never win.”

     The voice said “You are just like your creator having some much faith in humanity even though some of them don’t even thing you all exist.”

     “Maybe but we will never close our door. We will always be ready to expect them as we are ready to expect you.”

     The voice said “You are a fool and so you will see everything you love turn against you or die.”Then the voice disappeared leaving him alone to continue his work. He had many people to save from this disaster.


 



© 2010 .quan.011.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. What a jaw dropper. I need to own this novel.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I am so glad every is safe loving the book

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 26, 2010
Last Updated on November 26, 2010


Author

.quan.011.
.quan.011.

Newark, DE



About
Hello my name is Quan and I'm new here. I write a complete of stories that I will update. I don't do any peoms, because I'm not good at them. Thanks for reading and review my work. My Novel .. more..

Writing