Bathtub

Bathtub

A Poem by Quasi-Motorolla
"

A short bit about a nice memory and the sadness that came after

"
I lie awake at night trying to piece together the images of our bodies awkwardly tangled in the small bathtub in our apartment’s bathroom. The tea-light candles flickering the shapes of our bodies against the wall as the leafless trees outside scrape against the window begging shelter against the coming winter. The frigid bite of snow caught in the breeze rakes the ground, but I hold you close against the cold in our steaming bathwater.And somewhere far away the sun hits the tears you’ve been crying. While outside our window the trees are dying. And flowers bloom on your sweater where your tears have fallen, and an endless garden grows in the echo-side beckoning for you and me, ---to come and leave our clothes at the treeline. We’ll sleep on velvet beds of clovers, and mend the love that lies bleeding over the pebbled walks.

© 2016 Quasi-Motorolla


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this very much, especially the " And flowers bloom on your sweater where your tears have fallen " part. So creative. Keep it up!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 8, 2016
Last Updated on August 8, 2016
Tags: love, Loss

Author

Quasi-Motorolla
Quasi-Motorolla

Lincoln, NE



About
I have always really enjoyed writing but I put so much of myself in my writing that it has always been difficult to share with people I know so I am trying a new approach; sharing with people that I d.. more..

Writing