Pulse

Pulse

A Poem by QuayvonS
"

Cardiotocograph is the machine that measure the hearts pulse. Usually seen in medical instances making the constant *beeping* sound or constant tone if it flat lines or in other words the heart stops.

"

You deserve originality. 

Poems powdered with generic claims are sweet, but not heart felt. 

Read my thoughts of you, sown in every line as a cardiotocograph. 

 

Each word with purpose, jumping up and plummeting down to the pulse of my heart. 

With your dark chocolate eyes, smooth as the city lights glimmering in the coolness of night, gaze at me. 

Every line in my iris has been written for you. 

 

When you're near hear the beeps chase after one another. 

As your fingers waltz in-between mine, and our lips intertwine hear the beeps hasten. 

Hear that even after days, of months, of years have passed my heart still beats for you. 

To this day the pulse spurs when you're near, tis not nervousness but excitement. 

 

Even if the beeps turn into a long tone, know that each point in that line is paying homage to your grace: 

Your smile as roses blossomed and gave my meadow color, ambience! 

Your touch is sanctuary. Nowhere did I feel safer, than in your gentle passionate grasp. 

Your intellect is a labyrinth I'd willingly spend day and night venturing through. Seldom lost, but always found. 

Your eyes as black holes. Suck me into your vastness and I pray to never be found by anyone other than you. 

 

Your heart. 

It's as the batteries in my cardiotocograph. 

Whether a steady flow of energy or a reinforcing jolt you keep me steadfast. 

Like batteries your heart is made to give and never expect anything in return. 

 

Let me recharge you. 

Allow me to venture in your darkness, for you once were light, my imploded star. 

Keep changing your walls, I want to wander in your wonder and vice versa. 

When we touch I want you to feel my soul reaching for yours, extending for an eternal dance. 

Grant my lips to interrupt your smile with a kiss as gentle as the rose petals blossoming. 

Let my originality influence your pulse. 

 

 

 


© 2016 QuayvonS


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

To influence a pulse that already had a rhythm set, you alter the beat and take every step! Man what words!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

QuayvonS

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I'm flattered! I appreciate you taking the time to review and read one of my writings, I .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 22, 2016
Last Updated on December 22, 2016

Author

QuayvonS
QuayvonS

Tacoma, WA



About
-19 -CWU -Music Education more..

Writing
New Friend New Friend

A Poem by QuayvonS


Faith: Faith:

A Poem by QuayvonS


Hex Hex

A Poem by QuayvonS