moment

moment

A Story by Zea

…We were sitting quietly in a tranquil meadow, the wind whispering sweet-nothings through the over grown grass, the sun stealing glances above the tree tops surrounding Our meadow, how easily, gracefully the word “Our” rolls off my tongue.

 

 As I watch butterflies; by their swaying I am memorized. I can’t help but wonder how I came to be here, with you. Alas I ponder no longer upon this, than a fish would ponder upon the water within which it swims. if I were to ponder I would have to think, and to think would impair the thoughts which already so deliciously fill my mind.

 

 Instead I breathe deeply and enjoy the earthy-sweet aroma. The scent of wild flowers, the deep rich smell of the earth and the unmistakable fragrance of rain kissed leaves wafts in the air.

 

 I feel light headed though it is not of an ailment but rather of the sheer perfection I am surrounded by. The stem of my light headedness … but not the root, surely the root would be the whirl wind of emotions your presence alone has so effortlessly flung me into.

 

You sit here next to me. Bathed in the stray rays of sunlight, each beam highlighting and accenting the features I have so often marvelled upon, your textured brown hair, your strong jaw line. Oh how I have waited for this moment. To just admire you in silence, to savour every flex of your features as you concentrate on something deep in your thoughts. My only wish is to understand the absolute intensity in your eyes, so that I may share the thoughts you keep locked away in the complexity of your conscience.

 

 Then again is my curiosity worth the destruction of this moment? I would rather spend my years in ignorance than disrupt this moment in the meadow I call “Ours”.

 

I wish to bring the sun from its hiding and let its peering over the tree tops and be frozen in immortal time. I wish to bottle the fragrance in the air and wear it as I would my favourite perfume. I wish to gaze once more into the depths of your eyes, to be greeted by the intensity therein...

I turn to you only to be greeted by the realisation that you are no longer here; in the meadow I call ours. The moment now only a memory-

© 2012 Zea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really understood what you are saying here. Some moments are so precious you never ever forget them. Even now, in my days where I hover between middle age and elderly, from time to time I bring out one of those moments and savour it all over again. The way you have witten this is evocative to me and that is just as it should be.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really understood what you are saying here. Some moments are so precious you never ever forget them. Even now, in my days where I hover between middle age and elderly, from time to time I bring out one of those moments and savour it all over again. The way you have witten this is evocative to me and that is just as it should be.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hmm
You wrote this so well, deep and emotional.
So nicely written and protrayed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2012
Last Updated on March 18, 2012

Author

Zea
Zea

About
I'm at a cross road in my life... more..

Writing
Contentment Contentment

A Story by Zea


a tradegy a tradegy

A Poem by Zea


too late too late

A Story by Zea