Asteroid Battle

Asteroid Battle

A Poem by Ashley Ann Roberts

An asteroid was heading straight towards earth. Straight towards me.

I begged for it not to crush my hands, for my hands were unclean. 
And I begged for it to not hit my lips, for I was unworthy of such a kiss.

I begged for it to not stun my eyes, for my eyes were the only thing I had left in remains.

And I wonder these streets. I battle this defeat in shallow skin. My claws were not sharp enough to climb my way out, nor were my wings hesitant to fail.

I wait upon the next day, burdening the hail. Where art thou's peace in the rain, or in the snow. How can someone live with this shame, for its too difficult to row.

Paddling upstream as the waterfall grabs me. The water so cold, thoughtfully has thee.

But, today I dream of the stars. I dream and I dream at best. Waiting upon the asteroid to destroy my arrest.

Calm, calm, I wait for rebirth, knowing that the asteroid was heading straight towards earth.

© 2015 Ashley Ann Roberts


Author's Note

Ashley Ann Roberts
Feedback Please ;)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

dont feel discouraged.....your writings are always the best. Damn!!! how can you write soo good??


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
1 Review
Added on April 29, 2015
Last Updated on April 29, 2015
Tags: Defeat, Courage, War, Space, Stars, Cosmic, Me, I, Kiss, Eyes, Waterfall, Asteroid, Dream, Earth, Love, Pain

Author

Ashley Ann Roberts
Ashley Ann Roberts

North Pole, AK



About
I believe that even though I am young and coy, I still have the ability to express and to let others know, that they are not alone. I have brought Cadence. more..

Writing