Pixies and Fairy Brats

Pixies and Fairy Brats

A Story by QuietlyCrash

I could smell the cigarette-spearmint wonder that lingered around her mouth connecting to make an intoxicating aroma only she could pull off. My heart was pounding. I wondered if she knew. We were standing so close I could feel her breathing quicken as she gazed into my eyes with her bright blue pixie stare. I can't tell you how many times I had fantasized about this moment. She would stand on her tip toes, look deeply into my eyes, confess her love, and then we would kiss. It would be a magically romantic whirl wind kiss. A tale for the ages. A story I could pass down to my children one day as the greatest kiss of all time. But, right now keeping contact with her skin was enough for me. She whispered my name and it curled off her tongue in a cadence far too exquisite for a simple boy such as me to even comprehend. It was at that moment I knew. I snaked my arms around her waist trying to pull her even close to me. She tilted her head towards mine and gave me that almost smile as my hands traveled up her small frame so I could at last grab her face and frame it with my hands. She was so beautiful it almost hurt. I pulled her face as close possible. Our lips barely touching. Nose to nose and eyes completely open, we held our heads together and listened to the immensity of the moment. All she had to do was turn her head, or, pull away and this moment would evaporate. The future of us hung in the balanced space between our lips. She closed her eyes. I closed my own. Our lips touched. I delicately clutched her face as instinct took over.  All I could think of was her. The way her fingers danced around gently pulling my hair. Her mouth tasted better than wine. My whole body burned by the time we released each other. Out of breath and words to say, she grabbed my hand and led me inside her apartment. 

© 2013 QuietlyCrash


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. A vividly intense piece here QC with some absolutley beautiful choices of wording.
That sweet promise of the earliest kisses finally unlocking the gates to an untold kingdom.
Oh how sweet the feeling to be led by the hand into untold majesty.

Splendid read

BP

Posted 10 Years Ago


A beautifully described romantic scene. If I may suggest a few things,though. I think you should write: "even closer" instead of "close" / "as close as possible" instead of "close possible"/ and instead of "our lips barely touching" write "our lips barely touched" or connect it with the previous sentence. Otherwise, it feels incomplete.
Good luck with your writing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


"she was so beautiful it almost hurt" wow! "we held our heads together and listened to the immensity of the moment" double wow! i have to say that this truly resonates some of my more tender moments and is a blissful write through and through!

Posted 10 Years Ago


wow, the imagery is fantastic and right from the start my own breath started to quicken!

have you considered novel writing? you have perfectly captured the emotions of this moment without getting too sentimental or cheesy, and you write well from a man's point of view!

wow, haha your use of adjectives is epic, especially love the the first like with the cigarette spearmint wonder :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


QuietlyCrash

10 Years Ago

Thank you so, so much for stopping by to review! I really appreciate it. And yes, I've considered no.. read more
ikibala222

10 Years Ago

I know exactly what you mean!
Oooooh, now let me think what might happen next! xD Haha, this was great, I found myself reading it faster and faster as you kept us reading and wanting more and more, haha. This was great, well done, QC.

- Noodle.

Posted 10 Years Ago


QuietlyCrash

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much for stopping by Noodle! I really appreciate your kind words!
s y e

10 Years Ago

Anytime! (:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 3, 2013
Last Updated on June 4, 2013
Tags: kiss, love, romance, quiet, kissing

Author

QuietlyCrash
QuietlyCrash

Pensacola, FL



About
Hello, so here's the deal. I was placed on this glowing green orb and still trying to figure it all out For the moment most of my writing may be depressing and dark, but that's just because I'm sort .. more..

Writing