Down

Down

A Poem by QuietlyCrash

Hold me high, the waves are rushing in
I am no longer surrounded by sun
But shrouded by clouds

With ice water blood and blue lipped screams
I fight in silence while the sea holds me
Down I fall into the depths

Quietly I crash into the empty
The waves are unforgiving 
I feel myself slip away through the current

© 2013 QuietlyCrash


Author's Note

QuietlyCrash

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A poem with a deep message. The adverse events of life are at time suffocating, indeed!!
I loved each line .

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a great piece. Your descriptions created the empathy and raw emotions for the reader to feel. Well done. Keep up the good work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


To drown in our own misery is like a lead weight. This was a great piece. I enjoyed. I was sinking in this with you and the raw emotion was captivating and solid.
Thank you for this one.
Fantastic

Regards
Troy

Posted 10 Years Ago


That was great...I felt like I was drowning in the sea...nicely done ...enjoyed reading ...Rose:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


rip tide can be deadly...this is worded and works beautifully, such a unique composition. well penned!

Posted 10 Years Ago


the rip tide can take you and the crash of rolling coral slogges my ears, air, even thick salt foam, air. ya I like your poem.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow. I love it...You are talented...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Brilliantly bleak, seems to capture the adversities and sometimes horrific encumbrances of lifes journey and the frightening position they can leave us in.

And of course your (avatar) namesake! 😊

Was this perhaps one of your early pieces and the inspiration for your pen name?
Or do you include it here as a nod to your scribe pseudonym?

Fantastic work Q.Q.

BP

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great descriptive piece QC and like Rita (Hi Rita) observed - clever use of your name in the work. I liked the way you described the clouds forming into a shroud as if your fate had been decided from above.

Very imaginative writing QC
Encore

Posted 10 Years Ago


So vivid, I do not want to approach water... This is quite a profound piece, Riley. I feel the desperation of being pulled under, into an abyss. The inclusion of your own name says that you've been here before... A meaningful poem; keep writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


QuietlyCrash

10 Years Ago

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to review this. I really appreciate it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

452 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2013
Last Updated on June 17, 2013

Author

QuietlyCrash
QuietlyCrash

Pensacola, FL



About
Hello, so here's the deal. I was placed on this glowing green orb and still trying to figure it all out For the moment most of my writing may be depressing and dark, but that's just because I'm sort .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..