The War Within

The War Within

A Poem by R.S. Wilder
"

Freestyle, nothing fancy...

"

This is me.

I look at myself in the mirror each day

And I cry....

For the reflection there is one of beauty

Beauty that goes just beyond my skin

No deeper.

My heart has betrayed one most dear to me

While my body betrays my heart...

How fickle is my mind...

I die a silent death each moment I am touched.

Duty demands me.

Love beckons me... across the sea he calls to me...

Love...

Forgive me...

© 2009 R.S. Wilder


Author's Note

R.S. Wilder
Just raw emotions, didn't want it to flow or anything, so don't bother to comment if it's not to your liking.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

flow of words isn't always important .. the flow of emotions are apt in this write .. forlorn love never lets the mind rest at peace ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


"This is me"
This poem is brutally honest from the start--only causing the reader to become more disconcerted as you continue, from line to line; feeling the emotions of the author bit by bit until the desperation of the last line just pounds into your heart.

Least that's how I saw it ;).

Posted 13 Years Ago


Interesting mix...Sounds like one who maybe has committed adultry and is feeling terrible guilt...Keep the creative pen flowing..Sunflower

Posted 13 Years Ago


To say this is lovely is to undervalue it. But sometimes it is difficult to represent something truly with one word. I really love this. It has such beauty of self-appraisal and self-loathing; such an appreciation and depredation of the soul's sin. And it looks so nice on the page, almost like lace. But the prettiness is real as both sides of the skin are shown. Telling lines...

"My heart has betrayed one most dear to me
While my body betrays my heart...
How fickle is my mind..."



Posted 13 Years Ago


A lovely piece about being torn between two loves, one you fell in love with long ago and is present in your life, one that has set your soul ablaze and fills you with yearning. How do you keep from feeling like a betrayer when your mind is constantly traveling to another?

We may never know.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is as raw as an emotion can get -- i know this stage of life -- i lived it so many times telling myself that i won't over and over again

Posted 13 Years Ago


oh i always do like raw emotions which are just as they are...your poem speaks of a deep angst...and also atonement for something that you can not forgive yourself...you know we what we always can not be right sometimes we just have to let it be...and stop beating ourselves.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a beautiful poem! It speaks nothing, but the mere truth, and I love that about poetry because that's what makes it easier to relate to. From what I read, it seems to me that you are tangled up in two loves, and you can't decide of which one your heart really beckons for. If this wasn't it was written about, well I apologize.

Posted 13 Years Ago


well seems quite personal....raw poetry at it's best. we all go through certain weird phases....depends on how long they stay in one's life. Huh! and in some cases they just seem to carry on forever.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

393 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 18, 2009

Author

R.S. Wilder
R.S. Wilder

La La Land



About
I'm fed-up of writing stuff that does nothing to improve my life or the life of others. That is about to change. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by R.S. Wilder



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Split Split

A Poem by A.Lee


No Time No Time

A Poem by A.Lee