Broken Engagements Chapter 7

Broken Engagements Chapter 7

A Chapter by RAOrourke
"

Peyton comes to and there is an official introduction

"

Chapter Seven

 

 

When Peyton started to come to, she sat up a little unsteady & peered into the darkness. 

“Where am I?” she muttered to herself, as the room didn’t look familiar.  Was the party over?  Was this a room at the frat house?  She wondered.

She turned the lamp on next to the couch.  Right away she could tell she was no longer at the frat house, but she still didn’t recognize where she was and she began to worry.  The smell of fresh brewed coffee caught her attention and she turned to the end table where the steam swirled from the coffee mug.   She bent over to pick it up and clutched the warm sides of the mug in both hands.  She brought it up to her nose and inhaled the wonderfully rich aroma.  Boy this is just what she needed she thought.  She took a sip of the strong drink hoping this would help clear her head.  She couldn’t understand what had possessed her to drink so much and it was at this point that she vowed to never do it again.  She wasn’t used to letting herself go and this just proved to her, that she needed to be more in control.  She drank the coffee and slowly made her way into the next room.

 It was a small kitchenette, well kept, but in much need of updating.  As she placed the empty cup in the sink, she heard a scratching on the door followed by a soft whining.  She peeled back the lace curtain on the back door to look outside.  Looking back up at her was an older black lab mix wagging its tail.  She opened up the door and in bounded Ella. 

“Well hello there” she said to the excited dog as she scratched the dog behind her ears. 

“You like that girl don’t you?” she asked the overexcited dog. 

“Wow I better sit back down” she said aloud as she reached for the chair. 

Her head was beginning to pound as she sat back and she began to rub her temples. 

At that moment, the kitchen door opened and that beautiful yet annoying man from the party stepped into the room.  His hair was wet and tousled, and he was standing in the room in just his towel.  She could see the smooth skin of his well-muscled chest and his piercing blue-gray eyes.  He was tall, well over 6 feet and very well proportioned. 

They both had been looking each other over, when their eyes met and locked upon each other’s in what seemed like an eternity.  His eyes were the most beautiful and expressive eyes she had ever seen.  Something about them drew her in.  Peyton was the first to lower her eyes as she could feel the heat between them growing.  Peyton knew this must be the person whom had brought her back here.  Although her memory was foggy from the alcohol, she knew those strong arms and chest were responsible for carrying her into this home, and although he appeared to be built like a mountain, she remembered the gentleness with which he had scooped her up and carried her with ease. 

Griffin was the first to actually speak. “I see you’ve woken up and met my girl, Ella. Are you feeling any better?” he asked adding a smile. 

She looked over at the previously inquisitive dog whom had now found herself nestled back down in her bed, not paying attention to the two any longer.  Rather she her interests had been easily turned to visually tracking a moth that had made its way inside and was now circling her as she was trying to sleep. 

Peyton almost didn’t recognize herself when she answered in a very raspy and hoarse voice, “Um…a little better.”

 Griffin acknowledged her with a sympathetic nod of his head and added, “I don’t think you’re going to feel better for a while.” 

When he spoke she noticed how deep and smooth his voice was, and felt comforted by his tone.  She did feel her face starting to redden as she began to feel uncomfortable with what he was wearing.  Peyton started to awkwardly stand up but found she still needed to stable herself against the chair as she was rising.  It felt odd to not only be this close to a half-naked man whom she didn’t know, but also to be in a place that she didn’t even know where she was.  However he didn’t seem to mind at all.  There was something strangely intimate about the situation. 

“You should probably rest a bit and let that coffee kick in before I take you back to the dorms.” he said.  “What were you doing outside at the party?”  He asked. 

“I just wanted to get some fresh air and stop that house from spinning.  I’m not used to drinking games.”  She replied.

“I guess you learned your lesson then?” he questioned with a smile. 

She smiled back, and retorted, “I guess I did.” 

Again their gazes locked and were equally held.  Griffin felt a stirring within him that he hadn’t felt in a very long time.  Peyton began to blush thinking of how ruggedly attractive Griffin appeared before her.

 “I guess I owe you for helping me with that guy.” she stammered, still fully aware of how handsome he was in only his towel. 

He laughingly said, “I guess you do, I saved you from some uncanny young men waiting to pounce from the shadows.  Not a good place to be after dark.” 

Griffin was starting to get uncomfortable in his half-dressed look, and turned away from her, so she would not see how aroused he was starting to feel.  As he looked away he thought how gorgeous she looked sitting in his kitchen. 

Almost embarrassed to bring up the question, Peyton quietly asked, “Could I use your restroom?”

“Up the steps and first door on the right he said. I’ll meet you back downstairs after I get dressed.”  He said almost a little too gruffly.

  “Ok” she replied and gingerly made her way through the doorway and up the stairs. 

On her way up the stairs, she noticed how soothing the sound of the creaking old steps felt beneath her footsteps, reminding her of her grandmother’s staircase back home.  Oh how she wished she was back there now, instead of in a strangers house feeling awkward and insecure.  She found her way into the bathroom and as she took in her surroundings was amazed at how simple & neat the room was kept, unlike the images she had always had of what college boys would be like.  Although she knew this was no ordinary boy, and Griffin appeared older and more mature than most college men. 

As she was washing her hands, she saw her reflection in the mirror and noticed, her hair was a mess and her makeup was almost non-existent.  Not that she needed any, but what she did have left was now smudged.  She splashed some cold water on her face and looked in the mirror again.  This time she noticed the smile on her face, after all she had been through that evening she was frankly surprised to see it.  She made an attempt to straighten her tussled hair, hoping she looked a little better and then walked back down the stairs to meet him.

Griffin was already downstairs in the living room waiting for her.  He found himself watching her every movement.  Damn she was beautiful, he thought to himself, as he watched her push her bangs away from her eyes.  She brushed them to one side exposing those alluring eyes. 

 “Are you feeling up to heading back to the dorms? He asked quietly from the darkness. 

“Very ready.” she said almost reluctantly adding, “I can’t wait to get into my bed, I’m hoping then the world will stop spinning.”

  As they walked out on to the porch, she added, “I really owe you, I could take you out for dinner, or coffee…she trailed off, suddenly feeling awkward realizing, she didn’t even know his name. 

At the same moment, Griffin started to chuckle, “By the way my name is Griffin.  Griffin Ellis… and you are?” he said as if reading and finishing her thoughts for her. 

“Oh, my name is Peyton, Peyton Montgomery” she said as she looked up into eyes.



© 2014 RAOrourke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Loved this one! Super cute with a little bit of some sexual tension growing between them too. I like that he is trying to be gentlemanly as much as he can, and that she didn't wake up thinking that she had slept with him or anything, since that is a cliche. Loving this story, so I can't wait to see what happens with this couple next.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Loved this one! Super cute with a little bit of some sexual tension growing between them too. I like that he is trying to be gentlemanly as much as he can, and that she didn't wake up thinking that she had slept with him or anything, since that is a cliche. Loving this story, so I can't wait to see what happens with this couple next.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on October 13, 2014
Last Updated on October 13, 2014
Tags: college, romance, love