Greyhounds TEASER

Greyhounds TEASER

A Screenplay by R.C. Kingfisher
"

This is actually a comic-book script, sorry for listing it under screenplay but I had no other option. Furthermore, this is a short teaser. It's a work in progress.

"

PAGE 1

1.

A shot of the TEXAN SUNSET, as the SUN descends and merges with the horizon. It’s a brilliant orange, with nothing but a barren desert to illuminate. Desolate.

 

                CAPTION: Albuquerque, Texas. 1867.

 

                JESSE CAPTION: “It’s a damned world we live in, gentleman…

2.

The same shot, but stepping back more. The beginnings of a WINDOW FRAME should start to be visible.

 

                JESSE CAPTION: “You see that sun�"that brilliant, beautiful sun�"and you go ‘my, that’s one fine hell of a show’ but the truth is that sun’s just the damn curtains. It’s a blindfold, gentlemen. A damn blindfold. Life out here ain’t no show. It’s pure hell.

 

3.

Same shot, but now the ENTIRE WINDOW is visible in the panel. A table, too. Have a BOTTLE OF LIQUOR, opened and half-empty. Maybe add a PAIR OF BOOTS, propped up on the table as well, as if someone’s nonchalantly putting their feet on the table.

 

                JESSE CAPTION: “You think this town takes you in like family�"truth be told, there was one time where I damn near thought that, too�"but it doesn’t. This town’s a snake. A demon. It’s just gonna wait for you to turn your back and it’s gonna be then and there that the town’s gonna aim a revolver at your head.

 

PAGE 2

1.

Now we have the complete picture. It’s a table of THREE MEN. We can’t see any of their faces�"yet. One of the men should be relaxing his head near the wall right next to the window, the other two immediately facing each other. The one with his feet on the table should have a classic cowboy hat on his head. This is JESSE SKINNER, the protagonist of the story. Maybe add a stalk of wheat hanging from his mouth, chewing it like those guys that carry toothpicks in their mouths. As for the others, do whatever you want.

 

                JESSE: And the town’s not gonna pull the trigger until you turn around. ‘Cause it wants you to see. The town’s gonna laugh at you. And then…

 

2.

A shot of JESSE, leaning forward and placing both of his hands down on the table for emphasis, feet down. He’s pretty scary, with bright, blue eyes that seem to penetrate everything. He should be in his late-20’s, with a charming face. Maybe a slightly unshaven face for that “out-law” look, but remember that this guy is basically the Ryan Gosling of the 1860’s.

 

                JESSE: …it’s gonna bury you, and keep you as a souvenir.

 

3.

A shot of the other two guys. They are SWEETSTACK and JAMES, two of JESSE’s followers.

 

                SWEETSTACK: You sound like you talk from experience, cap’n.

 

4.

JESSE, smiling.

 

                JESSE: This town ain’t gonna bury me. I’ll be damned it does.

 

5.

A shot of the WESTBURY BANK. Okay, this is going to be a pretty detailed shot. This should be like classic Wild West settings, with horses and people walking around and such. The Bank itself should look old, with a rusty exterior.

 

                SWEETSTACK CAPTION: “We’ll all be damned, cap’n. All of us.”

 

                JESSE CAPTION: “Get dressed, boys. It’s about high time we left this hellhole. Let’s leave…

 

6.

Same shot, as THREE MEN ON HORSEBACK escape the BANK with bags of MONEY. They are JESSE, SWEETSTACK and JAMES. They should be wearing SCARF MASKS, with JESSE pulling his down.

 

                BANK OWNER: Damn you all! All of ya!

 

                JESSE CAPTION: “…leave this town…

7.

A shot of JESSE. His eyes should be wild with delight, with a giant smirk on his face.

 

                JESSE CAPTION: “…and never come back.”

 

PAGE 3

1.

An overhead shot of the gang. They’re out on a prairie, riding to their next stop.

 

 

                JESSE CAPTION: ‘When I was a boy, my father used to tell me stories. He told me stories of all kinds and sorts, but I only cared about a few of ‘em. See, I only cared about the ones with outlaws. The ones that robbed banks and carriages faster than them roadrunners I used to see out on the prairie.’

 

                JESSE CAPTION: ‘I decided, then and there, that I would be more than just a man on a horse with a gun. I would be…

 

2.

A WANTED poster with JESSE’s picture on it. It’s just a sketch, nailed to a post.

 

                JESSE CAPTION: … legend.’

 

                POSTER: WANTED, DEAD OR ALIVE, JESSE SKINNER, OUTLAW

 

3.

An establishing shot of the town of WILLSBURY. It’s a BOOM TOWN, bustling and always busy. The point is, that JESSE and his gang just hit a GOLD MINE. Just think about the POSSIBILITIES. These guys are going to hit it big time.

 

                JESSE CAPTION: Sweet, sweet Willsbury. The town my folks raised me in. I love this town. The first town I ever stole from.

 

© 2015 R.C. Kingfisher


Author's Note

R.C. Kingfisher
Reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on July 7, 2015
Last Updated on July 7, 2015
Tags: American, Greyhounds, comic book script, cowboys, wild west, western, guns, moon, action adventure, treasure, thieves, bandits, supernatural, graphic novel

Author

R.C. Kingfisher
R.C. Kingfisher

NY



About
Just a sixteen-year-old dude. I'm not sure why I write, but it definitely is therapeutic to me. I have trouble with loneliness and/or a minor case of depression but writing things down really helps.. more..

Writing