Awakening

Awakening

A Chapter by Jividen
"

How Pingheng arrived into the mortal world and why she must be reborn every few centuries.

"
         Eyes fluttered open in the darkness of the world, seeing after many years of slumber what man has wrought on himself. Pingheng sighs,the world feels her sigh as a soft unfurling wind. It caresses the mountains and skims over lakes of waters. Ripples play a crossed the watery surfaces,a softly lit form flying mere inches from the ground. Pingheng is awake and the world feels her presence,the need for Balance in the world. This is what has awakened her,and now she turns her silvery eyes unto humanity and its creature-like humanoids. Pingheng searches for a way to become flesh,to become whole once more. Pingheng has been awake and among humans before,but none would know her,for her appearances always changed.Her eyes,alive with black and white smoke,ever swirling ever in balance,turned to Sukyan,a vampire Queen who lived deep into the heart of the west indies. 
        When Sukyan had returned to her chambers that evening and found a black and white mist hovering just inside her window,she knew what must be done. She offered the mist Pingheng shelter within a golden vase and traveled to the deepest regions of China. Sukyan searched for a portal to the underworld, she knew the Jade Emperor owed her a due for all the souls she'd fed him over the years. She stopped at the foot of a large waterfall,its waters crashing off the stone slab at the foot of it. From there it turned into a small slow flowing river. She'd knelt at the base of the fall and gathered water into a flask,then stood and tucked it into the sash slung over her hips. She lifted her blood red gaze,the moon high above them shedding light into the hidden cavern behind the waterfall. She stood slowly and made her way to it,her fire red shoulder length hair softly lifting back from her face with the cool misted wind as she drew closer. She found a gap between water and rock and slipped between them. Before her laid a pitch black cavern,water leaking from the ceiling and running down the inner walls. She lifted her right hand,embers of flame lifting from her palm and swirling together into a ball of orange light. It lit the cavern walls and the floor a few few in front of her,and now she moved much easier down the path within.
     Her body clad only in soft leathery hyde,she made barely as sound as she walked deep within the cavern. In the very far recesses of the cave was a glowing red surface,like a crack in the ground from where the light shone through. She knelt and lent over the opening and peered through the crack. Her red eyes widened. She'd found his entrance. She stood,gripped the vase containing the mist formed Goddess, and lifted her right booted heel. She swung it down,power in her legs crushing through the thick limestone without much objection. The sounds of the rock bouncing down the red tunnel made Sukyan hesitated a moment. She furrowed her brows in determination and gripped the vase tighter,and climbed into the mouth of the tunnel and began her decent into the depths of the underworld. As she draws closer her ears pick up the sounds of tortured souls,screaming in pure agony. Sukyan is after all a vampire Queen,and the screams draw on her blood lust. She hisses in frustration and does not stray from her path. At the very end of the tunnel is a large double door bone gate. Outside stands two half rotted soldiers,their flesh hanging from their bodies,muscle,sinew and white bone exposed. Sukyan approached them,her expression neutral and purely business. 
    "Hault!" cried out one of the zombie guards,his lower half of his jaw half missing. She stopped blinking at him,annoyance beginning to show. He moved towards her,the raw stench of decay assaulting her nose. How she wished at that moment she didn't have the heightened sense of smell of a vampire, because when he spoke again she wanted to retch. 
   "  Whas oar baseness?" She rolled her eyes. Sheg Ti needed better men than this. His smell had annoyed her long enough and she reached out with a thick red gloved hand and snapped his neck. If he hadn't already dead he'd have dropped like a stone,instead,he screamed like an idiot and proceeded to run all over the front "lawn", if that's what you'd call it. She rolled her eyes again starting forward sending the remaining guard a very "Stop me and your next" look. She smiled prettily and flashed her pearly white teeth,her fangs elongated. 
      " Sheng is expecting me." she told the guard as she passed through the gate. This gate neither open nor closed but always received the dead. The guard made no move to stop her as she passed through the firey portal that was the entrance to the underworld. 


© 2017 Jividen


Author's Note

Jividen
This is baised on a role play character and her experiences within the world of role play,This character is built around some true history facts from some cultures namely Chinese,but I do tend to use deitys from other realms and cultures.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on March 26, 2017
Last Updated on June 24, 2017
Tags: rp, LaVayne, Family, Bio, History, Yueli


Author

Jividen
Jividen

OH



Writing