Beauty of the Beast

Beauty of the Beast

A Poem by RP17

The beasts iris dilate as it enters the battle field, blood thirsty stares cut through the air like daggers, lodging themselves into the hearts of it's targets. Yet the enemy stands unshaken.
Roars from the beast echo through the mountains breaking the peaceful silence of mother earths breathe. Yet peace returns as the birds flock back and settle in the trees, for that is there home.
How one could love such a monstrous creature is a mystery on it's own, yet there are some who grew to love it.
But they know they cannot tame the wild beast, for when it sees red, pain follows.
Yet if you take a moment to look into it's soul, what you will find is warmth that could clear the winter skies.
A safe haven, a place you can call home.
As tough as it's skin may be, and as thick as it may be, inside is as delicate as a flower.
'Attack' is what the beast has grown to know, because somewhere along the line it learnt that it's roar made him feel protected, his bite made him feel fulfilled, and this, made him feel powerful.
However, this power got quickly mistaken, and now here the beast stands in constant attack mode, harming all who oppose him.
The Beast hates what he has become, because he realised that it's bite doesn't have to be bigger than it's roar, it's roar is big enough to win the battle.
With a single roar the beast takes a thousand souls. And amongst them are the souls of the people he loves.
Defeating the enemy in battle was all it knew, until the day arrived when it realised that it was fighting the wrong battle... The real battle was within. Finding the beauty of the beast.

© 2019 RP17


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on January 27, 2019
Last Updated on January 27, 2019

Author

RP17
RP17

Johannesburg , South Africa



Writing
Time... Time...

A Poem by RP17


Pretend Grandma Pretend Grandma

A Poem by RP17