The little things, and more.

The little things, and more.

A Chapter by RunningWithToddlers

The life with a toddler is nothing but boring, You learn to see each day as they do. New and something special, every tiny thing that you usually ignore, they see as something wonderful. That small ant that never even crosses you mind, catches their full attention. That bird that just flew through the sky, they get all excited about it, water that runs in a river they find fantastic. With the bright times in the day there are those times that are dark as night, when they fall and scrape their knee they come to you for comfort. When they have bad dreams, or lost something that they loved, they come to you. You are their comfort pillow, you are the person they look up to for every little thing. You are their world, so make them your world, do what you can to make their life the best, even if you need to give up some of the things you love. Hey but really you aren't giving up anything, you are gaining a whole new look on things.
Things that you would have never seen, things that you never knew you liked. Example, from me, before my daughter was born i never knew that i loved to just sit and do nothing but color and making faces at one another. The things i give up for her is just a small part of a bigger future picture, and i can deal with that. You have long nights, and longer days with them, some times the day seems like it would never end, and even though you are exhausted at the end of the day, you still manage to read that bed time story to them, or sing their favorite lullaby. You are a strong individual to run with the Toddlers, it is not about keeping up, it is not about winning, it is not about who is faster, stronger, better, it is about your toddler. It is about helping them grow in to that beautiful butterfly you know that is in that growing cocoon. Take time to sit and play with them, time to watch that movie that they love even though you saw it  hundred times.  
Build that connection, make this time count with you little one, it moves by way to fast for the mind to comprehend it. Live each day to the fullest, try to not get mad at them for the smallest things, and spend time outside. They love the sun, the air, the trees, and sky, just watch them react to all that this world has to offer. A lot of us need to look at things through the toddler's eyes, see the world and all it's beauty, we all need to live like they do. Not worried about the future, not dwelling in the past, just take one day at a time and live it to the best you can. Once you learn to run with the Toddlers, you can't ever stop running with them, well i mean who would want to. Their view on life is uplifting, to the point that nothing is not beautiful to them, everyone is equal, everything is lovely. 
So leave a comment below on what you learned when you ran or is still running with the toddlers.
Have a great day.
Signed,
RunningWithToddlers


© 2014 RunningWithToddlers


Author's Note

RunningWithToddlers
Hope you all enjoy this entry.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on April 22, 2014
Last Updated on April 22, 2014
Tags: Toddler, Blog, Day, Littlethings


Author

RunningWithToddlers
RunningWithToddlers

clarksville, TN



About
I am a mother of a three year old daughter. I love to blog and help share some of my tips as to how i juggle the cleaning, cooking and my child. So i hope you watch me and i can't wait to share my.. more..

Writing