Underneath your beauty

Underneath your beauty

A Story by Rachael32123
"

cute:)

"
When I was in college I worked every Friday through Sunday as a manicurist at the Majestic Spa.  Since I was balancing work and school I barely had time for social life.   So I used the money from working at the spa to help my mom pay bills.  While it was hard I always looked forward to Friday because that day at the spa my real life prince charming came, his name was Shane.  Every Friday Shane would bring his Grandma for her weekly manicure.  As much as I wish he would notice me I would always wear my manicurist mask because I never felt confident enough to reveal who I really was.
My mom kept trying to get me to go give him a manicure while he was waiting but I was to shy.  Then she asked him to come over, I didn't know what to do!  Hefinally came over and sat down.  I told him that a lot of guys get manicures but he could tell that I was just saying that to make him feel better.  We talked while I clipped his nails.  Just to mess around i painted his nails pink.  The more we talked the more comfortable I became.  I could tak to him for hours and never wanted this moment to end.  This was the first and hopefully not last time I have ever talked to him.
The ice was broken and I was offically on cloud nine!  From that point  I just knew that every Friday would be magical!  As the weeks went by, we got to know each other more and more.  Even though Shane never saw my face he cared enough to know my spirit.  Because of this I slowly found myself becoming more secure and opening up to him.
It felt amazing to create such a strong connection with Shane but without ever revealing myself to him.  I wanted to belive that he wasn't just simply being nice and that he was really intrested in me.  I was in fear that if i reveal myself to him it would change everything.  One Friday he invited me to be his date to a party at a local country club the next night.  He gave me the address and left.  I was so scared to leave the house without my mask.
I need to stop hiding from him and reveal myself.  But how could I?  I couldn't even afford a new dress.   Helping my mother has always came first.  The next night my mom cam into my room and asked why I wasn't getting ready.  I told her I didn't have a dress.  She had made me a dress the night before while I was sleeping,  it was beautiful!
I usually am the one who gives other people manicures but this evening I pampered myself.  It was such a foreign feeling to get ready for a big night.  At this point it was time to leave to the party.  My makeover was right out of a fairytale and I finally felt like a princess.
We have a very embarresing old car and I didn't want anyone to see it so I asked my mom to drop me off a block away.  I even planned to leave the party earlyso no one would see the car that dropped me off, plus I knew I had to work in the morning so I gave myself a midnight cerfew.  When I got inside, the club was absolutly magical!
I was so amazed by the beauty of the room that I ran staright into Shane.  He didn't even reconize me and asked if we have ever met.  Here I was all dressed up without my mask yet I still couldn't reveal myself to him.  I wanted to tell him who I was but I wasn't brave enough to do so.  We were from two different worlds.  He was a prince and I was a peasant.
I never felt so out of place, I felt like a fish out of water.  I went into a hidden garden outside to get some fresh air and apparently Shane had follow me all the way out.  I could tell he could just barely reconize me.  He asked me to go back to the club and dance with him.  It was the most magical time in my life!  My prince charming, my favorite song playing, and me.  I never wanted it to end!
The clock suddenly struck midnight, I slipped out from his arms and started to run, and of course he ran after me.  I got outside, down a block, and into my mom's car before he could catch up.  I was sure that I had made a terrible mistake to leave!  Since I didn't reveal who I was to him how will he ever know that it was truly me?  My mother told me that some things aren't seen but felt in  your heart.  Youhave to open up your heart to see the true beauty within.  That's when you can begin to experience how wonderful life is.
A life lived with love is a life lived, and you can start by loving yourself first.  That Friday Shane showed up for his Grandma's manicure.  I said I had to tell him something.  I took my mask off and revealed myself to him.  He said he knew from the beginning that I was his special girl.  And he said he didn't ned to see my face to know who I was and that he alreayd knew in his heart.  Right then I let  go of my mask, forever. So, I don't need to hide anymore, because behind that mask is a beautiful person and behind that beautiful person is a beautiful heart.  Remember a love story should never have a happy ending, because real love stories never end.
The End~Not The End

© 2012 Rachael32123


Author's Note

Rachael32123
enjoy

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's so cute! Great job, Rachael. (:

100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rachael32123

11 Years Ago

Thank you hun! :)
SUPER CUTE!!! awesome story :3

Posted 11 Years Ago


Rachael32123

11 Years Ago

Thanx :3

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2012
Last Updated on August 8, 2012

Author

Rachael32123
Rachael32123

Commerce, CO



About
I'm Rachael I absolutely love singing! I'm a very random weird person haha :P I love music! Some of my favorites are Blink182, Sleeping With Sirens, Secondhand Serenade, Black Veil Brides, My Chemic.. more..

Writing
Suicide Suicide

A Poem by Rachael32123


The End The End

A Poem by Rachael32123