The Wicked

The Wicked

A Story by RachaelMarie
"

This is about a cowardly girl making her way home during a zombie apocolypse. Its supposed to be humorous, and it starts out slow.

"

Chapter 1

“The day is.. Sunny, I guess. A little cloudy, but its nice out. Scratch that, today is s****y” I said out loud while I wrote in my journal.

 

I wondered why I kept that thing. Maybe it was because it made me feel anything but alone. I packed my journal in my backpack full of water bottles and oatmeal cakes and I slowly turned around to view the green, beautiful field that I was standing in. I sighed a sigh of relaxation and closed my eyes, just standing there.

 

My nose became irritated and I felt the urge to sneeze.

 

“Purple elephants, purple elephants, purple elephants” I rapidly repeated.

 

(by the way, back at home, that was the way to stop a sneeze. But sadly, out of all the times I have done that and haven’t sneezed, I sneezed.) When I sneezed, I sounded like a breaching whale and a roaring lion combined into one scary and loud sound.

 I took my shotgun off of my shoulder, and looked around, side-stepping towards a large oak tree thinking

 

ok, ill just climb that tree and if I see one of them coming, ill shoot them from up there.”

 

When I got to the tree, my mind came back to reality and I remembered I couldn’t climb trees, so I side-stepped back to where I stood before, and squinted my eyes at a dot I saw across the field. I took the binoculars I had around my neck and peered through them at the dot.

Before I go on, I was just wondering if you have ever seen the movie Chucky? You know, that little doll that held a knife in his hand and killed people? Alright, well have you ever seen how fast midgets run, laughing hysterically while they do it? Combine Chucky and that midget, minus the laughing and the knife, plus the fact that this thing was dead, and poof, you have what was now coming at me.

Anyway, I screamed as this thing was running full force at me, hunger gleaming in its big, decaying eyes. I screamed and looked around, trying to find something to climb, because, even though I had this loaded shotgun in my hand with a box full of backup bullets in my backpack, I was completely defenseless. The midget and chucky combination was just feet from me when I looked to the side and saw an old, rusty shovel leaning against a barbed wire fence. I started running towards the shovel, screaming my head off. You would too, if a combination of chucky and a midget was running at full speed, just inches away from you, determined to eat your flesh. When I reached the shovel, I quickly grabbed it and ran left, while the thing followed behind me. I quickly flung around, and hit the thing in the head, and it went down.

 

“I’M GOING TO FREAKIN’ KILL YOU!” I screamed while bashing its head.

 

It finally died.. Again, and I began to catch my breath. I looked over at the thing I just killed and smiled.

 

“Ah, God, I need an oatmeal pie” I said to myself, taking my backpack off and taking out 2 oatmeal cakes.

 

Once I had my backpack back on, I began walking South. I was headed home, hopefully to find out that my mother, father and sister were just fine. Shoving my face full of oatmeal cake, I decided that they weren’t and I was just going to get the car. Hey, don’t get me wrong. I love my family, but if their dead, their dead. Besides, they are probably flesh eating zombies already. And your probably wondering why I am not home and why I want the car anyway, so ill tell you.

I left home on August 1st with my friend Sandy. We headed North to her grandparents house, about four hours away from where I live. Nothing seemed unusual until August 8th, a week after I got there. One day her grandfather came in from doing his daily work on the farm they owned with a bloody side. He said their neighbor Bill came up and bit him. At first I laughed, because her grandfather isn’t really “there” if you know what I mean. If you don’t, I mean he’s crazy. A total nut. Always standing up at dinner time, screaming a prayer to God and throwing his hands up, doing weird gestures and talking in tongue, then sitting back down quietly and acting like nothing even happened.

As I was saying, he got bitten and was bleeding everywhere. Sandy’s Grandma ran into the kitchen and got napkins, telling us to call 911. Sandy suggested that I should, and she would help her Grandma out. So I did.

 

“Hello, this is a 911 operator, what is your emergency?”

 

“Yeah, Sup? Well, my friends Grandpa is bleeding a lot so we need an ambulance over here right away.”

 

“You don’t seem very concerned, what happened?”

 

“Oh, I am concerned, but I don’t really know the guy. And he’s like 100 so he would expire soon anyway…”

 

The operator sat in silence, probably shocked that I had said such a thing.

 

“Well, he said his neighbor came over and bit him. I know this sounds crazy but-”

 

I heard a click and silence.

 

“Hello?… Uh, Hello?” I said, pretty much confused.

 

I looked towards Sandy who was waiting for me to say an ambulance was coming.

 

“They hung up, so, I think we are S.O.L.”

 

(S.O.L basically means we are s**t out of luck.) Sandy’s Grandma returned and placed napkins and towels over the wound while Sandy walked up to me.

 

“What do you mean, ‘They hung up?’” She asked.

 

“I told them your grandpa said he was bitten and the line went blank.”

 

Sandy started to cry, repeatedly saying her Grandfather was going to die. I hugged her, then took her face in my hands and said

 

“Yeah, he probably is.”

 

She began to sob.

 

“But..” I continued. “Its better now then later, right?”

 

She nodded slowly.

 

“Alright, then.” I said, hugging her head.

 

The day went by fast, and her grandpa seemed to be getting worse, but every time Sandy asked me if he looked better to me, I would say yes.

The next morning came, and Sandy shook me awake saying her Grandpa was gone. I assured her he was better (even though her Grandma was probably in the back yard, covering his body with dirt) and he was working outside on the farm. But, She insisted that we ask her Grandma, so we walked out of the room and turned the corner and saw her Grandfather walking towards us. He was still bleeding, but he was up and moving so I smiled and said

 

“Look, He’s better!”

 

Sandy ran over to her Grandfather and hugged him and said

 

“Pop, I am so glad you are bett-”

 

Her Grandfather leaned over and took a chunk right out of her shoulder.

 

“Holy s**t!” I screamed. “Are you okay, Sandy?”

 

Her Grandfather dropped her, and she didn’t look like she was breathing. He started reaching out for me. I dodged him and ran to the kitchen and saw that Sandy’s Grandma was standing towards the wall.

 

“Hey Mrs. T, Your husband just took a bite out of Sandy.” I said as calmly as I could.

 

She turned around and moaned, blood dripping from her arm.

 

“Oh s**t!” I screamed. “Sandy, your Grandpa bit your Grandma too!”

 

Her Grandma and Grandpa cornered me, and I looked around and saw a big butcher knife sitting by the sink. I grabbed it and held it out in front of me, threatening that I would stab them. They kept coming closer, drool flinging from their mouths. I closed my eyes and stabbed the Grandfather. I quivered as I felt the knife slicing into his chest. He stumbled back and fell to the ground. I jumped over his body and tore the knife from his chest, stabbing him a couple more times to make sure he was dead. Then, I turned over to the Grandma, and stabbed her until she stopped moving.

From the corner of my eye I saw Sandy walking towards me, moaning and drooling like her Grandparents did. I kept backing away from her, unable to stab my best friend.

I thought about all the good times we had together, how we did everything together, and how we shared everything, except Boyfriends. That skank asked my ex out right after I dumped him! What kind of friend is that?

Out of anger, I stabbed her in the neck. I watched her gurgle blood for a few seconds, then she stumbled back and fell.

I went into the room I slept in, found my backpack and dumped everything I had in there out, to make room for things I was going to take with me. I ran to the kitchen, looking for food and drinks. I found bottles full of water, and shoved them in my backpack.

If your thinking what an idiot! This chick was in a kitchen full of food, and she took their Oatmeal Cakes?! Think about it, refrigerated food would go bad, and all they had that looked delicious was Oatmeal Cakes!

After packing, I ran into the Grandparents room and saw a shotgun leaning against the wall and a box of shotgun shells sitting on a table next to it. I packed the shells in my backpack and grabbed the shotgun, hearing a thump as I did. I looked down and saw binoculars, so I took those too. After I got those items, I began my way outside, thinking about taking the Grandfathers truck, but since I basically killed three people, and thought about stealing their truck, I decided not to. So I started to walk down the road, using my instincts to get me home.

 

And that’s how it went down. That’s how this s**t started for me. So, take some time to soak in what I just told you while I go take a piss behind this bush.

© 2010 RachaelMarie


Author's Note

RachaelMarie
Give me feedback, chapter 2 is coming soon. I hope you like it so far.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You blew my mind! This borders on ingenious and INSANE! Please keep writing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a really great peice of writing! I enjoyed reading it, and I think that this will turn out to be a great story!

Can't wait for the next chapter!

~Kailani

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow impressive

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2010
Last Updated on August 5, 2010

Author

RachaelMarie
RachaelMarie

Tampa, FL



About
I have a passion for writing. I am 15 years old. I hope you read the stories I post. Heres a small description of who I really am: I am outgoing, very creative and I love making people laugh and sm.. more..