Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Rachel Hanne
"

Sigourney is the local concubine, released from her parents' wing into the harsh world of the peasants. She is racist, crude, and beautiful. Despite these flaws, she draws men to her like a mouse trap

"


How-er much-a, miladyyy? Dern't be shy-a...” The grungy man stading before Sigourney reeked with the fowl scent of beer and rum. His words swam in his saliva, and his eyes were fighting to stay fixated on her bosom. This was the signal of the perfect amount of intoxication for her spell to be cast upon the little man. He was a regular customer, and she knew exactly what he liked and swooned over.


“You-ya know...me. Riight? My-my wife never treats me as good as, as, as...oh my head...” The man clutched his head, and still kept his eyes on her protruding breasts, that could have brought the animal out of any man.


“You have informed me, your wife is lousy and selfish. You have informed me multiple times, Eliean.” She rolled her eyes in annoyance at the older man. He had a thing for telling stories, and it was her thing to listen and pretend she cared.


Eliean's hunched physique was getting weak before her eyes, and she did not have much time to act. If she was go get the money she planned on receiving from this man, she had to distract him from his own drunken mind. Before she reached out to caress his wrinkled face to begin her seduction, the middle-aged Veteran crumpled onto the bar table, dropping his shot glass onto the ground, and shattered. Others around the old tavern turned their eyes to look at the man, muttered their words of shame, and went back to enjoying their beverages. Perhaps I overdid it... She thought. This was not the first time that occurred with one of her potential, and to-be customers. I need to keep track of who drinks a certain amount and of what.


Her green eyes were like newly cut emeralds, her red hair was draped down to her mid-back, like a tapestry of woven red and gold. Outdoors, the sun would reflect, shining off the hair like it was a blessing from Liachima, the Goddess of the Sun herself and all of her power. Sigourney's build was a temptation; it was as if it were crafted for the eyes of men of all races, it seemed as if she was built for sin. Her skin was bathed by the sun, and her lips were stained red, beckoning for the kiss of a man trapped under her spell of feminine grace and charm. If Sigourney was feeling up to it, she could get a man drunk without their over-consumption of the magical liquor.

“I think you went a little overboard there...” The voice of Sharee Melaund woke her from her current state of daze with Elien in front of her. “Perhaps you should get a new hobby?” He suggesting jokingly, wiping the dirty wine glasses from the bar vigorously. Amusement played in red his eyes, and a smirk on his lips joined them.


“You're one to talk, you Drow.” She spoke through her teeth, emphasizing the hypocrisy that escaped his lips, “You act like you don't knock people out for your own amusement.” She spat angrily, walking to the other side of the bar to sweep up the shattered glass Elien was responsible for. Sigourney eyed his wallet, seeing that a sheet of silver was sticking out, calling out to her senses. She placed the shards of glass onto the bar, and looked around the tavern to see if anyone was watching her intently, or looking in her general direction. She couldn't risk getting caught. Without another thought, Sigourney took five sheets of silver from the man's possession. Not thinking about her co-worker being only feet away from her, he caught her off guard, whispering in a menacing tone.


“What do you think you are doing?” Sharee hissed in disapproval, and his eyes went from amused to angered.


“Surviving.” She answered, content with her crime. She placed the sheets into the pocket of her dress, and crossed her arms. “What is it to you?” She walked behind the bar, and filled herself a full glass of rum, waiting for a response from the Dark Elf.


“Because, it is a crime!” Sharee gripped the towel he was holding, and his eyebrows were close to meeting each other in utter disgust at the woman in front of him. Sigourney rolled her eyes in apathy.

“Wouldn't be the first crime I've committed. It's nothing, this guy is in love with me. So even if he did find out, I don't think he would be angry. He would probably feel lucky to have gotten robbed by me.” She looked at the unconscious alcoholic, smirking with pride in herself.


“You are ridiculous.”

“Says the man who has black skin, red eyes, and pointy ears. You should not even be here. If it were not for our armies, I am sure that your race would have been wiped out by those damned Vikes.” Sigourney took a long drink of her rum, and placed a hand on her hip, leaning her elbow on the bar for support.


“What do you even have against us?” Sharee's voice rose, “We never hurt you, or your people.”


Sigourney shrugged, taking another swig of her favorite beverage, licking her lips.


“Politics.”


“You have a lot of nerve.” He growled, slamming the towel on the bar.


“Ohhh-” She cooed, “You're so bad, you can slam a towel down in anger like a small child.”


“I'm not the child here, Sigourney, you are.” Finishing off her drink, she smiled.


“Is that so?” She chuckled, wiping off her finished glass of rum. Sharee's eyes flashed from disgust, to anger flaming in his red gaze.


“I don't know why I even try to be nice to you.”


Looking at his build, Sigourney liked how the tones of muscle were bulging out in his inner rage. She nearly laughed at her thought. Now is not the time to be checking him out. Besides, he's a Drow. Silly me.


“It's my charm.” She winked, turning away from the heated Elf. “Not even a man of your race could resist me.”


“I don't think It is your charm. In fact, I think you're pretty ugly.”


“Yes?” She chuckled, “Whatever you say to make yourself feel better. All you have to do is take out that last word you just said.”


“Are you really that full of yourself?” Sharee asked, baffled.


“Hmm.” Sigourney shrugged again. “I do not know.”


“You are...I don't even know. You speak so properly but your actions are a true reflection of the filth that you really are.”


Sigourney was not amused anymore. Spinning on her heel, she swung at her co-worker with all of what little force she had in strength. The words flamed up her anger the same way wind met fire. Before she hit his left cheek, he shoved her down to the ground. She grunted, glaring into the red eyes of Sharee. Sigourney remembered being hit like that before, with much more strength and hate. Now it hurt worse, from a man she hardly even knew.She heard murmurs, and chairs being pushed in. If she would have peered over the bar, she would see the eyes of the taverns customers, in awe of what had occurred in their presence. Nothing of interest happened in Oceanien. Not even bar fights were common in the town tavern, The Watchful Siren. The most interesting occurrence was the new ships coming into the docks, and the occassional fishing festival every summer.


“Hasn't anyone ever told you, since you came here that it is illegal to strike a woman?” She spat angrily, glaring back at Sharee with hate. Sharee gave her a sly smile, and a short laugh.

“I can't believe you have the nerve to call yourself a woman.” Before Sigourney could reply, two hands clapped together, and a voice boomed over the tavern with immense irritation.


“Break it up you two, we have customers for the God's sake! This is no time to pick a fight!” Gerard's voice boomed, and it was loud enough one could hear the birds scurrying off the roof in panic of the monster inside. “In fact, I am going to make you both work OVERTIME! Such nonsense will not be tolerated here, never!”


“You're the one causing a bigger fuss than us, Gerard.” Sigourney said standing up, dusting away at what little dirt caught onto her dress when she met the ground. With his rotten and cracked teeth clenched, and shoulders moving up and down, quaking with vigor, Gerard raised his voice even more;letting the stench of seafood escape from his mouth. Sigourney had to restrain herself from holding her nose.


“What was that you little WENCH?! You're lucky you even have a job here!” The audience was no longer murmuring, and all went quiet. Yeah, tell that to me when we're alone later, you smelly, disgusting pushover. Much to Sigourney's misfortune, Gerard caught sight of the sleeping customer on the bar, and Sigourney saw Sharee flinched when Gerard hit the bar in anger, calling out in frustration.


“Um...You oka-” Sigourney was cut off when Gerard reached her collar, and brought his face to hers.


“Is this your doing, too?” His breath was astonishingly repulsive, and Sigourney struggled to not gag at the odor flowing to her nostrils. She shook her head no on impulse, not thinking of her actions.


“I did.”


“So you just lied to me!” He shouted once more.


“No, it's just I--”


“You what? Lied on accident?” People were beginning to pick up their belongings and exit the vicinity of the crazed owner, and his stubborn, woman employee. Gerard was so close to her, his sgraggly beard itched her skin, and the yellow of his eyes were more visible, full of rage.


“Yes...” She answered sheepishly.


“Tsk. What a waste.” He scoffed. Gerard threw her onto the ground, where she had previously had been. Well, the ground and I are certainly becoming well acquainted today...


“You're the most ungrateful piece of walking flesh that has ever lived, you know that? Sure, you might be satisfying for us men, spiking our appetites for ourselves-it don't matter. No matter how beautiful you may be, you are a waste. A waste. You're lucky I even allowed you in this place.” Gerard pointed at Elien, “And this...this is what you do?” Sigourney had no words, she just stared up at her boss, looming above her, seeming as if any second he was going to hit, or smack her.


“Women don't work at these places unless they're w****s, which is exactly what you are. A lying, cheating, backstabbing, heifer looking W***E.” Sharee knelt beside his fallen co-worker, and helped her to stand up, as he put her behind him.


“Excuse me, sir.” Sharee coughed, hands partly spread to keep Gerard away from her. “If I recall, the most sales from this tavern are all of Sigourney's. She is what keeps customers coming in.”


Thanks for trying to back me up, Sharee. But weren't you the one throwing insults at me? I take the thanks back, you're still not on my good list.


“I don't give a rat's a*s!” Gerard's fists were shaking in fury. “She's the reason my wife wants to leave me! That wretched little wench...”


By that time, all of those who were in the tavern had retreated away to a safer place, leaving empty dishes, and chairs left about. Gerard saw this, and growled like a mountain lion. He took a full wine glass, and slammed it in front of the sleeping man, startling the drunkard awake in a daze. The bottle shattered everywhere, and he held it up to strike. Sharee backed up further, to get Sigourney out. Gerard's hand grabbed Sharee's face, and slammed it into the glass cabinet, as he cried out in pain. Sigourney gasped, and took out her small pocket knife, and horrified by her boss's actions and harm to her co-worker. Gerard swung at her hard, and Sigourney nearly tripped over Sharee. Gerard stepped on him without remorse, and swung once more at the beauty. She fell once more, gripping her knife as firmly as her quaking hand would allow. Gerard hollered, and Sigourney closed her eyes in fear, with her knife pointed up. Gerard managed to slice her face, and she saw blood dripping down her clothes. Just inches away, was a gasping Gerard, suffocating whatever he had left. She had gotten him in the heart. His pale face peered down at her, and he breathed,


“You"you...witch.” He fell on top of her, with eyes wide open, and mouth agape from his final agony. She hurriedly pushed him away from her, taking back her knife, standing up.


All Eliean saw, was the knife in her hand, and the blood on her clothes.



© 2014 Rachel Hanne


Author's Note

Rachel Hanne
Hey, hope you guys all enjoy this, I would love rates, reviews, and votes. Messages are very kind too. Let me know what you think. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
Added on July 4, 2014
Last Updated on July 4, 2014
Tags: crime, concubine, medieval, fantasy, adventure, journey, sigourney, warrior, elements, fighters, magic, elves, dark elves, drows, humans, satyrs, war, swords, archers, beauty, seduction, fiction


Author

Rachel Hanne
Rachel Hanne

Somewhere in, MO



About
I obviously enjoy writing, and I am a band geek. That should tell you enough :) more..

Writing