Luck

Luck

A Story by Rachel McN
"

Luck. Pure Chance.

"

Life. A heartbeat away from death. Treading the surface of the black abyss. Balancing on the edge of the cliff.

Luck. That’s what it really comes down to, isn’t it?

Whether you’re born into a world full of natural remedies; a city brimming with doctors, hospitals, nurses; or somewhere cold and poor, where true medicine is but a myth.

Luck. Pure chance mixed with a hint of hope.

Whether you walk down the right path in life; or more simply, if you take the left turning where the mugger hides, or the right where your friend is just driving by.

If you choose to go to that concert, or have a night out with your friends. Later on you hear about a major car crash that you would have been involved in if you chose differently.

Think about it. Life doesn’t seem all that easy now does it?

And I think I understand now why people choose to sometimes take their own life into their own hands.

You jump out of the way of the bullet, only to realize too late that you chose the wrong direction.

Caught in an instant.

The rookie behind was firing at you at the same time as his pal.

Only his shot went of-target.

In the direction you just threw yourself.

Coincidence eh? Bad luck? There we go. Back in a circle. It all comes down to luck.

No matter what training you have received, you better make sure luck isn’t after its daily quota of spilled blood.

You can say you don’t believe me. That you think nothing is chosen for us. I’m not saying it is. I’m just saying think carefully what you do. Which path you choose. And when instinct whispers into your ear next time, you just might want to consider its advice. It’s only trying to help. It wants to live as much as you do.

Life. Death.

There’s only a thin line between them.

Watch you don’t fall.

© 2010 Rachel McN


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
Added on October 31, 2010
Last Updated on October 31, 2010
Tags: luck, chance, life, death, choice

Author

Rachel McN
Rachel McN

United Kingdom



About
I'm a girl who loves to read, and got drawn into the writing world myself. I write for my own amusement, and hopefully for others as well. I started of in fanfiction where I could play around without .. more..

Writing
Denial Denial

A Story by Rachel McN