Intrusive Thoughts

Intrusive Thoughts

A Story by Mercury Rising
"

Intrusive thoughts (from Satan) and my responses (with the power of Christ)

"
'You don't even know yourself!'
God knows me, and that's all that matters.
'You are nothing.'
I am a child of God, and that's everything.
'You'll never have a good life.'
God promises all his children good things in life if they will remain in Him and obey His commandments. This is what I strive to do.
'Look at you ... you curse when you get angry. You can't hold your temper when you get frustrated!'
I am human, I do err, and I do sin. But Jesus died for my sins, and I am quick to repent when I sin. The sins I have not repented for have been forgotten, but God reveals them to me and it is then that I repent of those 'secret faults'. I still strive to life according to His Word daily, from moment to moment, asking His power to enable me to do so.
'Bad things are happening in your life because you alone caused them. You are a bad person!'
I am a sinner, redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. While I know that my past actions have caused many of the bad things that have happened in my life and I take my fair share of the responsibility for them, I also know of YOUR INVOLVEMENT in them too. Thank God for His love and mercy that He gave His Only  Son for my sins so that through repentance and acceptance of His atonement for my sins I am promised eternal life. Can you claim the blood of Jesus to wash your own sins away? Did he die for YOU?
'You disgust me!'
Who are you trying to impersonate? If you answered this question, you would be forced to tell the truth, and so you say nothing. 

The truth is, God accepts me and that's all that matters. No one on this earth has to care about me. They don't matter. My desire for people's respect and love is a human desire, not a Godly one. The only need I have is to have God's love. All the rest is vanity.
'You're just a w***e, S. You'll do it with anybody. You've been with too many men. Nobody will ever want you.'
Again, who are you trying to impersonate by repeating these things? 

I am not a w***e; I am a child of the living God. I have consecrated my life to reflect the nature of Christ. I am still a work in progress, I know, but I am pressing on through the power of the Holy Spirit Who resides within me. 

Furthermore, I have faith that God has His Hand on my life. I expect good things from Him, not bad ones. In faith, I allow Him to work in my life, and to give me what He promised me, to build me up, and not to tear me down; to give me hope and an expected end. This does not mean that I won't have my share of troubles, but God has promised that He will deliver me out of them all!

My past is just that - my past, washed in the blood of Jesus and God remembers these sins NO MORE! Reminding me of my past is futile - need I remind you of YOUR FUTURE?

© 2014 Mercury Rising


Author's Note

Mercury Rising
I wanted to make a list of some intrusive thoughts that are floating around in my head. My therapist says they are almost always negative in nature. I have another theory, though - that they are a tool for Satan to use to act in his role of the great prosecuting attorney in the earth plane (if this surprises you - he IS ON EARTH now). So, when he reminds me of my past, I will remind him of his future! I can't write these things down without them gaining some power over my life, so I have had to write in the rebuttals on them ALL in order to keep them powerless over my life anymore...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on March 24, 2014
Last Updated on March 24, 2014

Author

Mercury Rising
Mercury Rising

Wild-n-Windy, IL



About
Hi! Welcome to my corner of the WritersCafe world! The name I write under is Sara (pronounced 'Zarra') Mercury, but my friends call me 'Susie'. I am 44 years of age and have been writing since I w.. more..

Writing