Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Dear My Long Lost Everything

Dear My Long Lost Everything

A Story by Megan S.
"

Just a story of love, and what happens when a soldier goes off to war and leaves a newly pregnant, teen mother... What if he never knew he had a kid?

"

She closed her eyes. The story was over now, sealed up in that little white envelope on a piece of paper that said it all. Soon, it’d travel overseas to a man and tell the story for the very first time…

Dear My Long Lost Everything,

            Two years ago, we met in a summer of crashing waves and walking along the sand. Im sure you dont remember everything, but remember this: that night we spent together, lying beneath the sky, the night before you left.

We thought itd all be okay, or maybe we didnt really think at all. You were leaving me to go to some foreign land, and my tears were hurting you. It all started with the kiss, the one that was meant to slow my tears, and then turned into so much more

That night tastes sweet when I think about it, even to this day, but for nine months after, I forgot the passion of that time, the sweetness of that summer. I was too mad at you for leaving me alone while your child grew inside of me. I was only seventeen to your nineteen, and I thought you should be here helping me.

You werent, though, and I felt alone- even as my parents tried to support me, the baby both of us. The day he was born, though, it all came back in stunning clarity the nighttime walks on the beach, playing in the waves.

Watching Kade grow up, raising him these past two years, was like having you back almost. Hes turning two tomorrow, and he looks more and more like you every day. Every once in a while he makes a face that will take me back to that summer.

Anyway, I thought it was finally time to tell you about him. Id like to say it took so long because I wanted you to be ready, but I think its really because Im just now coming to terms with sharing him with you. I hope one day youll be able to forgive me and take the time to meet Kade.

 

Love,

A Long Lost Memory

 

The letter reached him in Iraq as he was sitting with his friends, relaxing as much as any soldier can. He opened it carelessly, expecting just another letter from a school kid. As he read it, though, he went still. When he finished, he was out of his seat and searching for a paper and pen. When he found it, he scratched a single sentence:

 

                Expect me in June!

 

He slipped it into an envelope, sealed it, and sent it immediately, and so began the re-opening of a forgotten memory, a forgotten love, and a single, life-changing summer.

 

Three years later they were all living together, and Kade was growing up in a life she had never expected…

© 2011 Megan S.


Author's Note

Megan S.
Wrote this in the last 15 minutes of my Chem. class. Hope you like it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Letter done very well.

The story afterward feels rushed though; I assume class was ending really fast after you wrote the letter portion.

You can do romance really well given time.

Posted 6 Years Ago


lose the last line and a half.
Except that little remark, it was really good. The flow of it was great.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I do. Very well done for fifteen minutes. It started out sad, but became happy at the end. Very cute.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Love it! So cute. I've been trying to think up some critzim but really I can't! It's just too perfect! I love it. So beautiful. *tear tear. jk. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2011
Last Updated on March 8, 2011

Author

Megan S.
Megan S.

AR



About
I'm a simple teenage girl from podunk Arkansas trying to get by in the world of high school. I started writing as soon as I could, and I've never quit. Over the years, what writing means to me has cha.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Megan S.


Soundless Soundless

A Book by Megan S.