When I became a ghost!

When I became a ghost!

A Story by Amada
"

My younger brother asked me "what would you do bheya (Brother) if you become a ghost for a day?"

"
Me: *Sleeping*
Mom: Rahul, wake up! There is a letter for you.
Me: *Wakes up*
Mom: Here take this letter. It’s from some GWA.
*Takes the letter from Mom*
Me: GWA?
*Opens the envelope*
“Dear Rahul,
We, the Ghost Welfare Association (GWA) is proud to announce you as the leader of our Ghost Community but for just 1 day. We all have high hopes from you. So, tomorrow at 3 am in the morning, go to your house’s terrace and shout, “Chinki Chudail (=Witch), I love you!” Our associate would pick you up from there.
Yours Deadly,
Ganpat
Head of GWA”
Me: *To myself* Damn, what did I just read?
Mom: What happened? What’s GWA?
Me: Umm… nothing mom! GWA is the company where I applied for internship and they accepeted my offer.
Mom: Cool!
*At 3 am*
Me: Let’s go to the terrace!
*At terrace*
Me: *Shouts* Chinki Chudail (=Witch), I love you!
*A car arrives on the terrace, being driven by a Skeleton*
Skeleton: Welcome sir!
Me: …….
Skeleton: Don’t be scared sir. Now, you’re like us!
Me: What do you mean?
Skeleton: Look behind sir!
*Looks behind*
Me: *Scared* T..t..t..that’s my body!
Skeleton: Relax sir, it’s only for one day. Now, just hop in my ferrari!
*Reaches Ghost Headquarters*
Me: Damn, you guys have social media handle too?
Skeleton: Well yeah sir! Our Facebook page has 20 M+ dead likes.
Me: What do you post on your Facebook page?
Skeleton: Sir, we have professional photographers who work for us and clicks our photo during various occasions of scaring people, weekly picnics, parties, etc.
Me: Sounds cool! But, are you guys visible in pictures?
Skeleton: No! We actually don’t care. All that matters to us is this deadly relationship with other people.
*Enters main office*
Ganpat (Head of GWA): Welcome sir, welcome! Congratulations on this position!
Me: Well, thanks. But how did you come to know about me? And what would be my duties for one day?
Ganpat: Sir, Chinki (Witch) is a huge fan of yours, and she reads each and every stories and poems of yours on Writerscafe, and she review it too *winks*. She only referred us your name. Sir, you see these days, ghosts are going out of fashion. Zombies are coming in. Also, many humans think we don’t exist, so sir, we need your help, to get back our lost respect.
*A girl with white clothes, long nails, twisted legs, and face covered with long hair, enters the room*
Me: Chinki?
Chinki: *Blushing* What?
Me: How do you read my stories and poems with that long hair covering your face?
Chinki: *Starts crying*
Ganpat: *Consoling Chinki* That’s not funny sir! She’s like my daughter.
Me: I was just joking! Sorry.
*So my whole day is spent in bringing back the lost respect of Ghost community by developing scary techniques, and modifying the existing ones*
*At the end*
Me: *Shakes hand with Ganpat* It was nice working with you!
Ganpat: Same here sir. Here is your certificate and offer letter, if you ever want to spend time with “Dead people”!
Me: *For formality sake* Well, I would love to!
Ganpat: Sir, just open that door and you’ll be back to your original form.
Me: Okay, thanks!
*Says goodbye to all*
*Opens that door*
*Enters the Ghost world again*
Me: Damn, what the hell?
Ganpat: Ahem! Sir forgot to tell you something.
Me: *Scared* What?
Ganpat: 1 Ghost day= 100 Human Years! *winks*

© 2018 Amada


Author's Note

Amada
Your little appreciation and honest feedback make me write even more. A person who feels appreciated will always do more than expected.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. Believe me you have great talent and imagination. You are a person who can spin a funny tale with ease. It is your natural talent and you do it always effortlessly. I loved the dialogues, the story line, humour everything you have put in this story. You never fail to awe me. Keep writing and send me read requests, I don't want to miss any of your work!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Najam Us Saher

5 Years Ago

It was my pleasure reading this :)
Amada

5 Years Ago

You made my day, 😊😊😊
Najam Us Saher

5 Years Ago

I am happy to hear that :D



Reviews

You are really clever.A superb story you have written here. If you write anything new, tell me . I want to read all your works.i feel that writing in this format is better than writing like a story

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amada

5 Years Ago

I will send you read requests. Thanks for reading 😊😊😊
Maybe write it in story format. I like this. But it is a bit difficult to follow. English a second language for you?

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amada

5 Years Ago

Yeah 😁😁😁
Jack O

5 Years Ago

I love the idea. Good work. thanks. I enjoyed reading it.
Amada

5 Years Ago

Thanks 😊 😊 😊
This is a brilliant & imaginative story! I'm in awe of all the ways your mind is thinking up fun & interesting ways to tell a story. Your writing is pretty good, but your storytelling is off the charts. My very favorite part is where you say ghosts are out of fashion becuz zombies are "in"! That's hilarious! And true! I miss ghosts! I love the way you made up this ghost organization, etc. So many original details to make this a fun & interactive story. The "quotes" are not well-used . . . should be done for the talking parts, instead of the non-talking parts. But that's a lot of changing & I would understand if you don't do it. You can rest on the effectiveness of your storytelling! *smile* Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amada

5 Years Ago

Thanks ma'am, I never expect such a sweet review.
*Blushing at the corner of room*😜
Glad the ghosts were friendly! I liked the storyline and the unexpected ending. Good job :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Amada

5 Years Ago

Thanks for reading.
Zoya

5 Years Ago

You're welcome
Hahaha...love the twist at the end...i love your humor and your writing style. this story in particular was very creative and witty.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Amada

5 Years Ago

Thanks for such an amazing review. Keep reading. 😊😊😊
Elizabeth

5 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
Wow. Believe me you have great talent and imagination. You are a person who can spin a funny tale with ease. It is your natural talent and you do it always effortlessly. I loved the dialogues, the story line, humour everything you have put in this story. You never fail to awe me. Keep writing and send me read requests, I don't want to miss any of your work!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Najam Us Saher

5 Years Ago

It was my pleasure reading this :)
Amada

5 Years Ago

You made my day, 😊😊😊
Najam Us Saher

5 Years Ago

I am happy to hear that :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 27, 2018
Last Updated on September 24, 2018

Author

Amada
Amada

India



About
About me? The lonely guy you just ignored because of his weird antics (talking to himself, poker face, cuddling stray animals, insure body language, smiling without any reason, blank stare, scanning.. more..

Writing
Teddy lover. Teddy lover.

A Story by Amada



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..