Mistake

Mistake

A Chapter by RainDancer1997

 

 

 

                                  A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step - Lao TZU

 

 

 

     Michelle watched Anika play with her long brown hair all through chemistry. How can she possibly be the slayer?

Everything about the girl is positive and cheerful. That just doesn't seem like the personality of the slayer. The bell rang silencing her thoughts.

 

   See you at lunch," Spencer smiled walking by her. She put her books up, and closed her locker. Anika looped her arm through Michelle's arm with a smile. She practically towed her to the lunchroom. Her heart started beating completely out of control. If she really told Spencer what was making her displeased, he would be able to see right through her like glass.

 

   "Over here," Spencer called from one of the round tables. Michelle thought she was going to start hyperventilating! She sat across from him, and realized Anika had abandoned her for the food court. She can't think now since it's just the two of them. *Sighs*

 

   "So what's wrong?" he asked running his hands through his thick black hair. She is going to loose her piece of mind if he does that again.

 

   "There's nothing wrong Spencer," she lied trying to sound normal. He gave her the "I'm not stupid" look. She can't tell him how she really feels!

 

   "Did I do something?" he asked moving to sit beside her. She put her head on the table to hide her embarrassment. He picked up a piece of her crimson hair and curled it around his finger before letting it go.

 

   "Why do you do that?" she questioned with a silent moan.

 

   "Because I do what I want," he laughed picking up another red strand.

 

   "Well, you can't anymore!" she snapped as she lifted her head, " I don't like you anymore!" She stood up and glared down at him. She could see a little hurt written in his eyes. What had she done?! She spun on her heel and stalked out of the lunchroom. Why had she been so cruel to him? She doesn't even know where that came from! She wants him to like her, maybe even love her, but not hate her. She stopped and slumped down against the wall. A worried Anika came walking down the hallway.

 

   "Are you ok?" Anika questioned wrapping her arms around Michelle. Tears came to her azure colored eyes. This act of kindness makes her feel a little bit better. She knows Anika probably thinks she's an absolute nut, but this shows what their friendship really means. Anika squeezed her tightly then stood up with her hand outstretched. Michelle took her hand with a slight smile.

 

   "What do you suggest I do?" Michelle asked dusting her cloths off.

 

   "I suggest that you tell him the truth. You can't fool me Michelle, at all. I see that little twinkle in your eyes when he walks by. In addition, you act as if you hate it when he touches your hair, but I know you love it. You have become my best friend, and I don't wanna see you throw this away. I want you to be happy," Anika said moving a scarlet strand into place. If she had been at home, she would have cried at this act of friendship.  

 

   "Thank you so much Anika!" Michelle smiled throwing her arms around the jubilant girl. The bell rang moving them on to last block. Michelle spent the whole class period trying to conjure up different ways to tell Spencer how she really feels. There is no backing out of this now.

 

   "Baseball tryouts right after school," the teacher announced.  

 

   "Isn't Spencer trying out for that?" Olive asked Carry.

 

   "Yes, he's actually not bad at it. It's the girl picking he's terrible at," Carry answered with a small laugh. Michelle felt like pulling out her blond hair from her discolored roots! So it looks like she's gonna have to wait until he gets finished with his tryouts.

 

   "I have an idea," Anika whispered. After a bunch of busy work the bell rang ending the school day.

 

   "So what's the idea?" Michelle questioned closing her locker.

 

   "Well since tryouts won't end until about seven why don't you hang out at my house until then? Since I live just down the street from the school," she suggested also closing her locker.

 

   "I think that's a great idea," she smiled following her out of the school. She looked all around the parking lot, but Spencer was nowhere in sight.

 

   "You afraid?" Anika asked watching her. Michelle answered with a small smile. Anika grasped her hand and hauled her down the side walk. She let go in front of a yellow house with a small black gate. It's fairly nice with its big bay windows in the front, and its white wrap around porch. It is very different from her black mansion, and its dark casting shadow.

 

   "This is home," she smiled blue eyes gleaming.

 

   "It's very pleasant with its light colors," Michelle said following her inside. Colorful pictures of sunny days, animals, and abstract art covered the walls. More pictures of Anika's family filled the living room walls.

 

   "I'm home," she called out leading Michelle into the kitchen. Pictures of apples covered the walls, and cooking utensils covered the mahogany counters. A little woman with coffee colored hair and tanned skin looked up from the cutting carrots and potatoes.

 

   "Welcome home Anika, whose this?" the woman asked with a smile.

 

   "This is my best friend, Michelle," Anika answered, "Michelle this is my mother."

 

   "Nice to meet you, I'm Miss Heart," she smiled walking around the mahogany counters to give her a polite hug. She smelt like honey and vegetables.

 

   "She is going to stay with us until about seven," she told her mom.

 

   "Great, you can stay for dinner then," Miss Heart smiled. Anika pulled her down the hallway to her room. The walls are a light brown and have weird paintings hanging on the walls. A dream catcher, poems, and books are also present.

 

   "So what are you going to tell Spencer exactly?" Anika asked sitting on her bed. Michelle laid down on the tawny carpet and stared up at the white ceiling. What is she going to tell him? What if doesn't want anything to do with her anymore? Alternatively, what if it's all just a game to him?

 

   "I guess whatever comes to mind. If I come up with something to say now I'll end up changing it anyways," she answered closing her eyes.

 

   "I'm sure he'll understand," Anika replied lying against the fluffy pillows.

 

   "I'm just going to have to tell him that I really do like him," she added silently praying that this doesn't all just blow up in her face.

 

   "It'll go fine I'm sure," she said with a yawn.



© 2013 RainDancer1997


Author's Note

RainDancer1997
I tried to make this one longer:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

⊰ℛℛ⊱
Sounds like quite some plans are brewing ! And yes, words can be very destructive. I hope Michelle realizes this in future conversations.

BTW, it's a little confusing here, "Michelle thought she was going to start hyperventilating! " While you mention what happens to Anika, you refer to Michelle thereafter as SHE and you do not return to identify her much later here: " "Are you ok?" Anika questioned wrapping her arms around Michelle.

HE and SHE are good abbreviations for a speaker, but if it is a main person and not 1st-person perpective, it can get a little confusing at times if this is all you use.

"Over here," for instance could be changed to, "Over here, Michelle." and clarify that he is indeed speaking directly to her.

One thing I especially like is you are not using HE SAID or SHE SAID for every single speaker. You are using inflection, emotion, and suggestion, which are excellent for this story.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Good work Rainy.. thank you for the rr.. Rose

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

lol what do you mean Nahh? lol
RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

haha I meant I should be thanking you for atleast reading haha
shallimarRose

10 Years Ago

OH lmbo... ok.. muah!
Wonderfully written with a well developed. I liked all of your characters as well. Great work. A fine write & read. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much:)
oh I loved it it was amazing! And i love his way of thinking it doesn't seem like he is faking emotion great job!!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

Hhaha I've already got the next chapter posted. The one after it is gonna be the vampire one I think
ThoughtsofShyann

10 Years Ago

kk i will keep reading!
RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

Thanks so very much:)

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

565 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2013
Last Updated on August 7, 2013
Tags: Love, vampire, romance, teen, conflict, frienship, boyfriend, girlfriend, comedy, chances, human


Author

RainDancer1997
RainDancer1997

ragland, AL



About
I'm from a small town in Alabama and I love skateboards and any type of rock music. I love to talk to anyone, and I hope ya'll like my writings:)! MY fav music:) Sleeping with Sirens .. more..

Writing
Idk? Idk?

A Poem by RainDancer1997



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hurt Hurt

A Poem by RainDancer1997


I Wish I Wish

A Poem by Saumya