Mission of the Heart

Mission of the Heart

A Chapter by RainDancer1997

 

 

                               For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks- Matthew 12:34

 

        

    "Dinners ready girls!" Miss Heart called from the kitchen.

 

    "We must have fell asleep," Anika smiled getting off the bed smoothing her brown hair into place.

 

    "Must have, what time is it?: Michelle asked getting off the floor. She looked at the mirror and frowned. Her red hair was everywhere.

 

    "It's almost six O'clock. Lets hurry up so we can fix your hair. You can also borrow some of my cloths," Anika said walking out of the room into the blue hallway. The aroma of meat led me to the kitchen where a big roast sat on the table surrounded by carrots and potatoes. The three of them took there seats, said a prayer, and dug into the food.

 

    "So girls, anything interesting happen at school today," Miss Heart asked with a smile.

 

    "Just the usual mom," Anika answered taking a bite of carrot.

 

    "Also can we borrow your curling iron?" Anika asked putting her plate in the sink.

 

    "Yes, it's on my dresser," Miss Heart answered pulling her coffee colored hair into a pony tail. Michelle put her plate in the sink also and followed Anika to the bedroom.

 

    "Sit on my bed and I'll see what cloths I can find," she smiled opening her purple closet doors. She pulled out different bottoms, and eventually settled on a pair of white skinny jeans.

 

   "I have a Paramore, Everlast, and Sleeping with Sirens T-shirts, Pick one," Anika told her.

 

   "Sleeping with Sirens," she answered shedding her cloths off. She pulled the white skinnies and the red band T-shirt on.

 

   "I'm going to get moms curling Iron," she said walking out of the room. What is she going to say to him? Butterflies filled her stomach at just the thought of messing up. Anika walked back into the room and plugged the curling iron up. She curled each scarlet strand carefully, and sprayed it with hairspray to make sure it'll stay. 

 

   "You look gorgeous! He's going to faint when he see's you!" Anika said smiling ear to ear. She got up and handed Michelle the converses.

 

   "Thanks, I hope he understands," Michelle said tying her shoes.

 

   "I'm sure he will," she relied touching up Michelle's makeup.

 

   "Thanks a lot for this," Michelle smiled hugging Anika's tiny frame.

 

   "Isn't this what friends are for?" she smiled unplugging the iron.

 

   "True that," Michelle smiled.

 

   "Hurry up and get over to the parking lot!" Anika smiled pushing Michelle through the house.

 

   "See you tomorrow at school," Michelle smiled walking out of the gate.

 

   "I want to see you to together tomorrow!" Anika told her standing in the doorway.

 

   "Me to," she said more to herself than to Anika. Now is not the time to panic! Her stomach feels like a volcano erupting. Just tell him how much you like him. That you made a huge mistake in the lunchroom earlier.  She entered the parking lot and noticed him walking over to his silver Camaro. He looked priceless in his old baseball outfit. Thank God for baseball pants! His dark ebony hair stood out against the blue uniform. His eyes looked lost and hurt compared to his usual mood. He wasn't smiling either which frightened Michelle. Had her outburst hurt him more than she saw? She silently made her way to him.

 

   "Spencer," she whispered from behind him. He turned around with the biggest surprise on his face. Sea green eyes gazed into her crystal blue ones.

 

   "Michelle?" he said confusion written across his tanned face.

 

   "I made a huge mistake, and I did not mean to say what I did earlier. I do like you! Probably more than I even should. I'm just scared that this is all a game to you. I'm scared that I will not be the girl you think I am. I'm scared that you don't even want to look at me now. I was so cruel to you, and I do not blame you if you if you don't want to see me. I know I've been pushing you away, and I know it's not fair to you. I can't help it it's just who I am. I'm really sorry I upset you," She confessed tears almost slipping from her ocean eyes. He stood there completely silent, so she turned around and began to walk away.

 

   "I understand that you're scared of what I think, because I'm the same way with you. You are not a game to me Michelle. If I ever gave you a reason to think that I'm sorry. You are who you are, and that's all that matters to me. I do like you Michelle," he said grabbing her arms from behind.

 

   "I'm sorry I was so mean to you," she apologized turning around to look him in the eyes.

 

   "It's ok," he smiled kissing her forehead.

 

   "How were tryouts?" she asked lying her head on his chest listening to the rhythm of the sea that always hides in his eyes.

 

   "Defiantly not better than this," he laughed giving her a tight squeeze.   

 

   "Is that so?" she laughed too.

 

   "Need a ride home?" he questioned playing with her red curls.

 

   "That will be a yes," she answered looking up at him. His green eyes popped out against his ebony hair. He is her dark prince in diquise. She has never been this close to a guy ever in her life. He smelt like vanilla coffee creamer and spice. The heat coming off his body felt like a warm summer's breeze refreshing her entirely. She wanted to stay like this forever in his arms, and the feel of him pressed up against her felt amazing. She will never be the same after this. Love flooded her body like an oceans tide engulfing her whole. He kissed the top of her head and she felt it all the way to the tip of her pink colored toes.

 

   "Lets get you home, it's getting cold," he said letting her go. It wasn't cold until he let her out of his embrace. She got in the passenger side and felt instantly warmed.

 

   "So why'd you decide to tell me the truth," he asked pulling out of the parking lot. She pulled her knees up to her chest and smiled.

 

   "Because I'm tired of watching my life fly by, and I realized I needed to tell you the truth. I didn't want to miss out on this opportunity. I want to know what love feels like," she answered blushing at the end. She does want to know what loved feels like. Love is suppose to be like magic. Magic that can make you feel like the happiest person alive.

 

   "Well I'm glad you came to me," he said with a smile. Everything about him is perfect to her. His crooked smile, his sea green eyes, and his emo ebony hair. Why someone like him likes someone like her, she will never understand. He is the most popular guy in school. He makes good grades, is good at sports, and is simply charming. Michelle has always wanted to be like her family, a vampire of the night. But if given the chance now she wouldn't take it. The way he makes her feel is better than any feeling being a vampire can give her. She has gained a friend and possibly a boyfriend this year. Hopefully, Anika doesn't turn out to be the slayer, but if she does, maybe they can work out an agreement or something. The world is full of surprises and twists. Maybe Anika isn't the slayer, only time will tell.

         



© 2013 RainDancer1997


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

⊰ℛℛ⊱
Reading this reminds me just how much greater effort it is for a girl to get ready to see someone than a boy. A boy just tosses on some shorts, any old T-Shirt and he's out the door.

A girl ? Hoo boy, hair curlers, dresses, skirts, ribbons, lace, lipstick, mascara, eyeshadow, blush - it can all make your head spin ! :D


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ron
Very nice. this is going to be good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


⊰ℛℛ⊱
Reading this reminds me just how much greater effort it is for a girl to get ready to see someone than a boy. A boy just tosses on some shorts, any old T-Shirt and he's out the door.

A girl ? Hoo boy, hair curlers, dresses, skirts, ribbons, lace, lipstick, mascara, eyeshadow, blush - it can all make your head spin ! :D


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pam
I like how Anika encourages Michelle in the beginning and helps her get "all prettied up". Maybe I'm a sucker for romance, but I just LOVE the way you describe things between the two of them. Now I slightly doubt that Anika is the slayer, but it's still a possibility.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Alright, my thoughts? SPENCER IS THE SLAYER *Gasp* OoO !!! Lol. I think it's Spencer, and he's toying with her emotions.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

Hhaha that's a pretty good guess:)
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

^_^ Thanketh you.
wow, interesting as ever, liked it a lot,,, hmmm i love love :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

Thanks for reading:)!
Prritiy

10 Years Ago

you are welcome :)
Omg it just always gives me the bit of chills reading your stuff I always love it! Great job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

That makes me so happy:)!
Another good chapter. You have a lot of amazing descriptions-especially about their eyes. I like how the story is progressing.

I noticed a couple of words that spell check wouldn't catch.
"I'm sure he will," she relied touching up Michelle's makeup. 'relied' should be 'replied'

Defiantly not better than this," he laughed giving her a tight squeeze. 'defiantly' should be 'definitely'

"I want to see you to together tomorrow!" 'to' should be 'two'

Hope this helps.
Can't wait for the next chapter! Keep writing!






Posted 10 Years Ago


RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

Thanks for pointing that out:) Probably gonna post another tomorrow hopefully thanks for reading:)
Another enjoyable chapter! Very well written as well, the consistency of your work is of the highest quality. The story is heading in an interesting direction. The characters are developing nicely. A great piece of work, well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

Thanks:) I haven't had much on the vampire side of the story and I'm about to dig it up to:)
Great work. Very well written. I like what you're doing with Anika. Leaving a cloud of suspicion around her in the last stanza. Great characters & plot from start to finish. Keep up the great work. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

424 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2013
Last Updated on August 8, 2013
Tags: Relationship, boyfriend, love, teen, chances, hope, vampire, girlfriend, friends, human


Author

RainDancer1997
RainDancer1997

ragland, AL



About
I'm from a small town in Alabama and I love skateboards and any type of rock music. I love to talk to anyone, and I hope ya'll like my writings:)! MY fav music:) Sleeping with Sirens .. more..

Writing
Idk? Idk?

A Poem by RainDancer1997



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hurt Hurt

A Poem by RainDancer1997