Ravernia

Ravernia

A Chapter by RainDancer1997

 

 

 

 

  Before Michelle knew it, the weekend was knocking on her back door .  "Can I come over tomorrow?" Spencer asked straitening out his blue t-shirt. She couldn't allow him to come over, could she? No, that would be to dangerous. If he found out about vampires, she would have no choice but to either turn him, or let him die. The vampire code specifically states the rules.

 

   "Actually, I have to go somewhere with my parents this weekend, but when I get back Sunday I'll come over to your house if you want?" she lied. 

 

   "That'd be great," he smiled playing with her red curls. It's been two days since her confession, and each day feels more and more like a fairy tale. Maybe one day she will love him and he will love her. Life has no guarantees or promises, one can only hope. Love does not just happen, and she doesn't believe in love at first sight. How can you fall in love with someone just by looking at him or her? She believes that when you begin to like someone your like will grow and grow into love. That's when you fall in love with their flaws, and you realize that your flaws are perfect for the one that's meant for you.

 

   "Good I'll come over Sunday around noon then," she smiled butterflies erupting inside her stomach. What was she thinking?! What demon had possessed her to say that?! Well, she cannot take it back now.

 

   "Well I'll see you Sunday then," he smiled walking across the concrete parking lot. She climbed on the bus and took a seat in the front. Olive glared at her, and Michelle could guess why. She's jealous that Spencer's attention is on Michelle instead of her. Like that's her problem though. *Smiles*  

 

 

 (One Hour Later)

 

 

 

   "What do you mean you're taking me to Ravernia? That's a vampire town!" Michelle asked completely confused, "and if you haven't noticed I'm not exactly a vampire!" This is what she gets for lying to Spencer! It's coming back to haunt her!

 

   "Well darling, You'll be a vampire in two years. Why not go ahead and start acting like one," her father smiled black hair slicked back. How could she tell her parents that she doesn't want to be like them anymore? How could she tell them she wants to stay human and live a mortals life?

 

   "I understand that, but why must I go?" she complained slumping down on the black satin couch.

 

   "Don't worry, Ravernia is quite hip these days," her father smiled winking at her mother.

 

   "Why don't you two just go?" she suggested looking the opposite direction.

 

   "Ravernia hold so much history in the vampire world. It's the only town we immortals can be ourselves in," her mother told her.

 

   "What do you mean?" Michele questioned curiosity winning her over.

 

   "The president of the united states back two hundred years ago gave us vampires the town of Ravernia. It was a rather small town back then, but it was a town where vampires could roam freely. Trees covered the town letting in almost no sunlight, and the town was mostly disserted back then. See the president was and is the only outside mortal who knows of our existence, and doesn't have to change. There is a special book that's handed down president to president, and in that book is our secret. Ravernia is an important piece of our history, and is a sanctuary for vampires," Her father explained sitting down beside her, and her mother did the same.

 

   "We know we haven't been the best parent's to you, Michelle. We would like to spend this weekend with you darling. We want to show you what a vampires life is like, so please?" they begged hugging her sides.

 

   "Only If we come back Sunday morning before dawn," Michelle answered.

 

   "Then it's a deal," they smiled getting up, "Get your things packed. We leave in one hour when night is at its core." The way her parents talked sometimes made them seem older than dirt. Supposedly their one hundred, but they talk like there from the eighteen hundreds.

 

   "Mother what do they wear in Ravernia?"

 

   "Mostly skirts and dresses," she answered with a smile. Great, that's what she wasn't hopping for. *Sighs*

 

   "You'll love it, darling!" her mother said full of excitement.

 

   "I'm sure I will," Michelle smiled trying to sound excited to. Truthfully, she's nervous as hell! A human roaming in a town full of blood sucking beast! After getting all her things backed the time had arrived for their departure to vampire land.

 

   "You need to wear this at all times," her father told her handing her a red ruby amulet necklace. It's rare beauty stunned her with its thin gold chain, Victorian design, and in the middle of the red ruby ad j is engraved into it.

 

   "It means "Safe"," her mother informed, "It's French.

 

   "It's beautiful," Michelle smiled.

 

   "It matches amazingly with your blue eyes," her father noticed.

 

   "What can I say I have my mothers eyes," Michelle smiled at her mother. 

 

   "A French, vampire woman named Amarante around four hundred years ago fell in love with a human from a near by village. She escaped from her village to his everyday to see him. Then one day she got wind that the immortal's were going to raid her lover's village, and kill all of the humans. She took that ruby amulet to the towns witch and had her cast a spell upon it. No vampire can harm a human wearing that necklace. When the raid began many vampires tried to harm her lover, but they all perished when they touched him. Yes, it had worked, but a beam fell down and crushed his skull, ending his life. She had been so worried that she didn't think to make him one of her kind. And in the end it wasn't a vampire who killed him, it was a beam that had ended his life. She killed herself afterwards, and their love is locked inside that amulet," her mother told her with a gloomy expression written across her pale face. Her ocean blue eyes almost held tears.

 

   "Now if a vampire touches you with the intentions to hurt you they will perish, but if it's a friendly gesture it won't harm them," her father informed, "and you're also the only one who can remove it."

 

   "Good to know," she smiled. She looked to her right and watched as they rode past the  "Welcome to Ravernia" sign. It's the middle of the night and immortals were entering night shows, clubs, and stores. The town looked stuck in Goth world. Mansions and even stores had scary gargoyles planted on them. Everything looked dark and dramatically sinister. The air tasted like salt, and the atmosphere smelt like sweat and perfume. The girls wore mostly fishnets and miny skirts, and the guys wore tight shirts and baggy pants. That is if they even wore a shirt. This town would defiantly scare little kids! 



© 2013 RainDancer1997


Author's Note

RainDancer1997
Picture is of amulet:) Hope you liked this chapter and I hope your ready to see what happens in the next chapter:)!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

⊰ℛℛ⊱
WOW ! I REALLY like the concept of the amulet ! That is unique and interesting. I can't think of a single story outside The Wizard Of Oz where someone was granted a magical item to protect them from evil.

Neat stuff ! I can see a future passage where she is coaxed to take it off to be, 'more comfortable' when she is amorously drawn to a teen boy vampire, and - then she gets it, without the protection of the amulet ! :D


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

Great imagination:) Thanks for reading:)!
dw817

10 Years Ago

Always make your immortals human, and your frail mighty. Keep the bowl spinning and yield a wonderfu.. read more



Reviews

You have great ideas! I like the amulet and can't wait to find out what happens in Ravernia!.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An interesting read. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pam
I like the story of the amulet and I could see it being a big help further on in the story. This town DOES sound scary, but I think it's also interesting. I'm excited for Michelle to get back already and go to Spencer's house!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really did like this chapter! It seems that you are a master vampire epics like. I don't care a whole lot for vampire stories like Twilight. But when you write it always seems to intrigue me. I think part of that is that, and I know there will be a lot of controversy when I say this, you are a really good writer, and Stephanie Meyer is mediocre at best (sorry if that offended you). Nicely done!

-CW

Posted 10 Years Ago


RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

No I'm not offended:) Thanks for the complements and for taking the time to read:)!
Cody Williams

10 Years Ago

No problem at all! Thanks for sharing!
I liked this chapter a whole lot, particularly because you dealt with the specifics of vampire history. The town has a cool name and I would like to know more about how the President came to know of Vampire history.

One thing though, you mentioned at the end how the town was stuck in a goth world. You seemed so self aware of this that I found it curious you made the town goth instead of doing something else. I mean if vampires lived for thousands of years, they certainly wouldn't conform to a stereotype or at the least, not change their architecture :)

Other than that, it was a good and enjoyable read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

RainDancer1997

10 Years Ago

I'm basing the town kinda like one placed in Romania or Transylvania. A gothic Victorian scene. Than.. read more
Christopher Angel

10 Years Ago

ah alright :) It's fine, I liked it still
Very well written. Great work. A fine write & read. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Really interesting! I adore your writing style:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh loved it!!!!!!!! I really like Spencer his character is really cool!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love it!!!! So well put together :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is an entertaining chapter.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

554 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2013
Last Updated on September 16, 2013
Tags: Love, romance, vampires, human, girl, boy, boyfriend, girlfreind, supernatural


Author

RainDancer1997
RainDancer1997

ragland, AL



About
I'm from a small town in Alabama and I love skateboards and any type of rock music. I love to talk to anyone, and I hope ya'll like my writings:)! MY fav music:) Sleeping with Sirens .. more..

Writing
Idk? Idk?

A Poem by RainDancer1997



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mistake Mistake

A Chapter by RainDancer1997


"Josie" "Josie"

A Story by Jack Buckner


Hurt Hurt

A Poem by RainDancer1997