Poet In Heaven

Poet In Heaven

A Story by Rain
"

Just wondering what Heaven will be like without angst.

"

 

Poet.. " God, I can't get motivated to write here."
 
GOD.. " Not enough angst, emotional torment, and social injustice ? "
 
Poet.. " Yea, I guess you're right..How did you know ? "
 
GOD.. " I know everything..remember ? "Why can't you write about the perfect tranquility..the total security..the un abounding love that surrounds you ?
 
Poet.. I did, God, but after a few pieces it felt like I was saying the same thing over and over. You know what I mean ?
 
GOD.." Yes, complete oneness with the Universe can be monotonous, I suppose, especially to a poet who thrives off chaos, and deep emotional confusion. " What do you suggest I do ?
 
Poet.. " God, please don't get me wrong. " " I love Heaven, it's so serene, so flawless, so perfect..maybe that's my problem. " It's too perfect. "
 
GOD.. " Too perfect, huh ? " I remember your writings young man, and they always spoke of finding the perfect love, the perfect feeling of belonging, the perfect world, where there was no war, no children starving, no senseless deaths, no homeless." " As I recall, you wrote about a place like my kingdom." Are you missing all those things ? "
 
Poet..No..No..No, I didn't mean to make you think I'm not grateful." " Please, Lord, I wouldn't want to be in that other place. "
 
GOD.."Young man, do you miss having a broken heart ?" " Do you miss war and greed ? " Are these the things that made you a poet ? " "Does my Kingdom disappoint you ? " " Have I not taken all your wishes you wrote about, and given you all you wrote of ? "
 
Poet.." God, I guess maybe I thought you might at least have thunderstorms." " I know that seems minor, but I always loved storms.
 
GOD.." Storms ?" " This is why you are discontent ? " "Young man, watch the sky's overhead.
 In an instant the darkest clouds the poet had ever seen began to form in the distance. The wind started to pick up strength. The rumble that rolled across the nearby mountains sounded ominous. Suddenly, lightening like the poet had never witnessed exploded from the skys and struck the trees that covered the mountain side, ripping them apart. Rain started to pound the Heaven's like small cannonballs, that actually hurt the skin as they fell in wave's of blinding sheets of water. The poet looked at God, as He stood there, like it was a bright sunny day. The storm grew in such strength the poet dropped to his knees.
 
Poet.." Dear Lord, I was wrong." " Please make it stop."
 
Just as suddenly as it had started, it ended. The dark and foreboding clouds vanished, and was replaced with a beautiful warm sun. The poet picked up the little bag he carried with him..a bag that held all his materials to write. He turned, and started walking towards the mountains.
 
GOD.." Where are you going my poet son ?
 
Poet.. " If it's ok with you , God, I'm going to the edge of the mountain, and write about the peaceful beauty of the river that runs at it's base. "
 
GOD..Bring back to me your writing young man." "That spot has always been a favorite of mine, especially after a good thunderstorm." 
 
 

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very entertaining and certainly makes an excellent point, we are never satisfied with what we have so just enjoy the little things in life... I like the whimsical style of this write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a great write, it reminds me of the "Shack", a book I'm reading right now. Informal conversations, and an intimacy that is so effortless. Love it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am glad to see this featured because it is one of my favorites as I have read through your work. My best to you and to Sue. Hugs, Lesa

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Not quite sure how I managed to miss this one. I loved how it was so plain that God in all of his majesty is still a down to earch good guy. I think sometimes that people feel that they have to speak of him in words of Thee's and Thou's. Wonderful all the way around Ray.

Hugs,
Lesa

Posted 15 Years Ago


Interesting and easy to read... Hats off for a good share!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is interesting. Not like the other things of yours I've read. You can thank Valentine for the read and review as well. She requested me to read it.

I like this. Yet it scares me. I'm agnostic, so I'm not sure there's definitely a heaven, but I don't know what I'd do without the absolutely normal chaos that I've taken on as my life.

Another great, my friend.

Posted 16 Years Ago


i really dig this. it is quite good and a bit different from your normal style

Posted 16 Years Ago


Creative as always, my friend. Sounds like something that would happen in heaven. I don't think we'll get bored though--The lack of chaos will be heavenly...no pun intended. 0:-)

Posted 16 Years Ago


Rain, this is so cleverly written..I had to laugh but knowing God I could see His view point clearly..So many times we just do not appreciate what He has given to us..good and bad..A terriffic write..going in my favorites..god bless...Valentine

Posted 16 Years Ago


Very nice and light. Also there's a moral story in there which fits well with a tale of God and his subjects. I'm intrigued by the thought that went into this because many of us here write about all the subjects you mentioned so I'm thinking you have based the poet on all of us?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on December 12, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


     The Chat Room The Chat Room

A Story by Rain


Poet in Prison Poet in Prison

A Story by Rain