The Sea and Me...

The Sea and Me...

A Poem by Rain
"

The sea has a power and a mystery that always brings me peace..

"

 

My favorite time to look at you is past midnight...alone. When the wind blows in off your unending motion. It is like a song, with the crashing of your waves setting the beat. I feel at peace with your mysterious rhythm...as if I have loved you in some distant other time.
Have I ? Did we dance along your shore ? Did we love..and then love no more ?
 
No. No, it feels unlike that. You bring me peace. Somehow within your great vastness, though your presence makes me feel insignificant, you also touch me and make me feel alive, and real.
 
Why do I come to you for peace ? Why do I seek you when I am lonely, but also when my heart beats with love ? I stand at your shore, and feel possessed by you. I feel a shield protecting me in the mist from your edge. I find wisdom in your mystery. I do feel as if I am near an ancient love. Were you my lover...perhaps the womb of my mother ?
 
 
It's as if the memory of our love is sacred , and shall always exist. You draw me to you. You whisper " It is ok." I am mesmerized by your beauty..so deep and unknown. I will love you, always...for reasons I will never truly understand.

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read this 3 times and i still feel the need to read it again. It made me feel the sand under my feet and brought the unique salty smell of the sea. I love her, although i fear her. I wish i could swim, deep down in her depths and discover her closerly. I love your poem....."I will love you, always...for reasons I will never truely understand." wonderful



Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

poignant. we can love what we do not see ever or on a regular basis.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Love has no logic, no reason. Great romance tell.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow Rain, this piece really touched my heart. Your intense feelings for your love, your emotions are so very real, and so very deep. This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Aww wow. Another amazing write (surprise surprise lol). I love your work. Keep me updated on the read requests =)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ah
i can relate to this even though i am so young, each time i see something that relates back to this girl, i get a feeling that i cant explain and everything is perfect, its really unbelievable...

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome write that is worthy of being published. It seems that many other people agree to its awesomeness. When reading this poem, I imagined a man tenderly gazing at his woman while she soundly sleeps in his arms sometime past midnight. Loving this strong metaphor!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think a lot of people feel that way Rain. The sea is mysterious, dangerous, and sensual. I think you have given it great justice with your poem. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


How can you understand love? Doesn't love transcend our everyday consciousness? I had an ex that used to ask me why I love her over and over again. How can I answer? I don't know. Perhaps, two souls are split out of one by the Master of this realm in Paradise only to eternally seek their recombination.

I don't know. I am just the messenger. Please don't shoot the messenger!

Great write!

-Gabe

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good poem and not in the style that I am so accustomed to reading from you, and yet, it was still refreshing and new. Your words in this piece are very sensual. The entire flow of language struck me as a double entendre as if you were speaking not just to the sea, but a woman who could be with you at that same place, who receives no mention, though that is not what the case is. When you speak of that love, I can imagine this strong and unbreakable bond that connects you with the sea. The way that you speak of the love you have for the sea is astounding in its purity. Not once do you wish to use the sea for your own purposes or gain. No, you admire the sea and take it in generously but not greedily. You share yourself as well, instead of only trying to possess. Very good write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the sea is a siren - its rhythms bringing peace and solace to many. I used to spend two weeks at the ocean every summer - there is nothing like the sound of the sea to send one off to sleep. While the sea can also seem cruel and dangerous - it still beckons to the soul. calling to us all. I found myself standing upon the shore, with closed eyes. smelling the salt air, feeling the breeze, and hearing that wonderful lullaby of the water while reading your words.

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2693 Views
94 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 14 Libraries
Added on February 25, 2008
Last Updated on June 3, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Primitive Man Primitive Man

A Story by Rain


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain


Fusing of Souls Fusing of Souls

A Poem by Bubo