The Sea and Me...

The Sea and Me...

A Poem by Rain
"

The sea has a power and a mystery that always brings me peace..

"

 

My favorite time to look at you is past midnight...alone. When the wind blows in off your unending motion. It is like a song, with the crashing of your waves setting the beat. I feel at peace with your mysterious rhythm...as if I have loved you in some distant other time.
Have I ? Did we dance along your shore ? Did we love..and then love no more ?
 
No. No, it feels unlike that. You bring me peace. Somehow within your great vastness, though your presence makes me feel insignificant, you also touch me and make me feel alive, and real.
 
Why do I come to you for peace ? Why do I seek you when I am lonely, but also when my heart beats with love ? I stand at your shore, and feel possessed by you. I feel a shield protecting me in the mist from your edge. I find wisdom in your mystery. I do feel as if I am near an ancient love. Were you my lover...perhaps the womb of my mother ?
 
 
It's as if the memory of our love is sacred , and shall always exist. You draw me to you. You whisper " It is ok." I am mesmerized by your beauty..so deep and unknown. I will love you, always...for reasons I will never truly understand.

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read this 3 times and i still feel the need to read it again. It made me feel the sand under my feet and brought the unique salty smell of the sea. I love her, although i fear her. I wish i could swim, deep down in her depths and discover her closerly. I love your poem....."I will love you, always...for reasons I will never truely understand." wonderful



Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great write keep up the good work i really enjoyed it!!! B.P.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so inspiring. I am drawn to the sea whenever I need solace, and this took me on a wonderful journey.
A great write my dear friend.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Filled with the wonder of nature...of how she beckons us in so many forms. The water of the sea is very nicely presented; how it can touch us individually...truly spectacular in its size and churning message.

Thank you for this work...

Daniel

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What else......drew men to concive vessels....to brave and tame it

to paint it ...draw it...film it ....capture it secrets and sounds
What is more mezmerizing
What has been used more in metaphor?

fab write Ray

It is my obsession I have lived where I do now for so long...just to be nearer to it.
I grew up there as a kid...it was our toy...our friend

Blesssssssss

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is an awesome poem. Its beautifully written, makes me feel like i'm in the midst of it all...good job =]

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This should have violins playing a melody in the background along with the swishing of the waves as I read. A really great piece for me to read having lived my younger days by the sea. On visits down to sea now I look out far into other continents in the hope I can see my loved one so I guess these words have other meanings to me though not exactly as you have written them - but thats what writing is all about, individual interpretation and understanding........'for reasons I will never truly understand'.
Great work Ray.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I love this style Rain, excellent write. The sea has such power as I as well have been drawn to it my life through, nothing like a full moon night mirroring off the rythmic sea filling in sounds of earths breaths.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Beautifully written ... I felt the wind and the salty air ....

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh I love the sea. I used to live need the sea before I moved to where I am now and this reminds me so much of walking along the beach. A truly touching and nostalgic write.


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The ocean has to be one of my favorite topics to write about, and I love to find those who write about it as eliquently as you just did. Strange isn't it? So large and mysterious, yet comforting.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2686 Views
94 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 14 Libraries
Added on February 25, 2008
Last Updated on June 3, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Primitive Man Primitive Man

A Story by Rain


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain


Fusing of Souls Fusing of Souls

A Poem by Bubo