this kinda blue

this kinda blue

A Poem by Rain
"

Just words with no place to go..

"
i've been feeling empty lately
kinda out there all by myself
probably need to get me a thicker coat
put this old one here back up on the shelf
i really need to go somewhere
maybe to the library, maybe read a book
find me a new friend...someplace with a different look
getting too old to ramble...not sure what to do
sometimes think about her...when it's
this kinda blue
 
just don't see nothing headed my way
everyday pretty much the same
people start lookin all alike
everyone seems to have a game
all i got is a necklace from you
sometimes i think the whole city
feels this kinda blue
 
it's just an empty feelin
like this might be all i'll be
some nameless,faceless,no-body
living life aimlessly
i don't see the wind changin
not a whole lot left to do
just sometimes wonder
do you remember me, when it's  
this kinda blue
 
sat in the corner booth
of an old family diner
the waitress that took my order
reminded me a bit of you
coffee and toast
a false smile from the host
a drop of rain
does its lonely dance 
down a window pane
i sit alone in a booth for two
there's a sound to this kind of down
a lonely melody
to this kinda blue
 
 
 
 

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree, this definately sounds like a song...

just am kinda curious
if she ever feels this kinda blue

yes it makes you wonder doesnt it.. You capture it well. That cloud that seems to hang only over your head when you are feeling this way... sigh

Posted 16 Years Ago


11 of 11 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Lets meet back at the corner booth and talk, or sing or whatever ya want to do, k?

I know this kind of blue too. It's a hard one to get past, all the empty and of the non-feelings. Sometimes a song we can get lost in is the best place for us until something else better comes along, something worthy of yanking us out of our hole. I hate that hole when I'm not in it and when I am, I almost like it there and would just as soon be there than anywhere else. Yanno?

This poem relates all those feelings to me, that is how it makes me feel. How do you take your coffee?

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I've got that kinda blue too, sometimes in the morning when the sun refuses to shine, I'm right there with you in that dinner sitting at the booth made for two on the end, watching the rain streak the window wondering which drop will win.
This is a beautiful write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Sounds like he is depressed, feeling a loss of hope and drive, no light at the end of the tunnel. Does she ever feel that blue? Everyone does at some point in their lives, but does she feel that blue over him? That's another matter.

A really sad piece that can really draw the reader down to what he's feeling. Good job here Rain. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I can definitely hear the music in this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This could very well be a blues song! I can relate with this feeling. After awhile, it can become habitual. The words are simple with a sentimental twist.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I thought it should have been in a book of sonnets (new-age sonnets, of course)
I know that obviously, it wouldn't have flowed, but it would have been nice if"she" showed up at that diner. It would have thrown a nice little twist (sorta). I don't know, maybe not....
But, it's just a thought. Well done, anyhow.

-Vanessa

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I liked the way this flowed and the internal beat of itself. Feel the words carry across like a breeze of some sort. I felt myself relating to the words and the feeling conveyed here the feeling of wondering if any one else could feel this way too. You are an artist my friend crafting words like pictures. Always a pleasure to lose myself in your realm from a bit of relaxation.


Great Job!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

This has a jazzy blue feel to it. I kept looking for a sax to be playing. I love it. Wonderfully penned. Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

This kinda reminds me pf Dylan.. one of my favorite singer/songwriters.. i cam hear him singin it in his twangy drawn out way.. some kinda blue ... well i felt the same way before .. i like your line about a thicker coat..love how you write your thoughts.. just kinda throw them out to the wind ... i love this even though it is sad and blue.. sometimes i think we need some blue so we can appreciate the gold more .. and you got some of that too .. a gold soul for sure!

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful, straight from the heart. I have also been there. I hope the blues leave you with the return of spring. Love, Angie

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2607 Views
100 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on March 11, 2008
Last Updated on May 13, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Terror Terror

A Story by Rain


Dumb People Dumb People

A Story by Rain