Let Me Be Alone With Me

Let Me Be Alone With Me

A Poem by Rain
"

I love life/I love people. When alone I think of both. The noise of life can be overwhelming. It is in solitude I can see and understand things more clearly..

"
i wish i was
a bird with wings
to sail above
everything
high above
the homeless camps
broken people
exit ramps
take my chances
above the clouds
look down upon
the weary crowds
let me glide
above it all
the greed and hate
the shopping mall
 
because i don't need a lover
i don't need a friend
i don't need you to lie for me
hold my hand or pretend
i want to ride upon the breeze
let it guide my destiny
i just need a heart i know
let me be alone with me
 
i wish i was
a bird with wings
looking down
on wedding rings
pushed in back
of musty drawers
with musty dreams
of moon lit shores
i want to fly
beyond the sight
of everyone
who hurts for spite
above the wars
fought for greed
a world that's lost
it's dignity
 
because i don't need a lover
i don't need a friend
i don't need you to lie for me
hold my hand or pretend
i want to ride upon the breeze
let it guide my destiny
i just need a heart i know
let me be alone with me
 
 

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"pushed in back
of musty drawers
with musty dreams
of moon lit shores"

"a world that's lost
it's dignity"

This sums up the necessity for moments of solitude, to let us get above it all, forgetting all our woes and minor worries and look down upon the world as a whole. Excellent.

The comment about a world that's lost it's dignity is so fitting, one of the reasons we need to escape. Nothing is sacred or private any more.

Well done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

looking down
on wedding rings
pushed in back
of musty drawers

high above
the homeless camps
broken people
exit ramps

look down upon
the weary crowds

This is phenomenal writing! Casts an amazing grip on readers. Looking fwd to read more from you!

Posted 11 Years Ago


sorry this is late in being reviewed, but I love your sentiments in this poem. Very nicely written Rain!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well, Rain, I honestly believe you have hit the high notes here...and those in between, there's that place a person gets to when they understand. The complexity of it all is said so stunning and graceful here, it puts me at peace.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow! I really love this poem!
It's so simple yet so full of emotion. Great work!

Love.Stained

Posted 14 Years Ago


So beautiful and lonely. Each line in your poem added to the desire to be free of the pain and sadness. The flow of your words made this poem a pleasure to read. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


"WOW " AWESOME WRITE!!!~~~

Posted 14 Years Ago


A fairly simple poem, but even though it is lacking a so-called 'level of harshness', you still manage to get the point across: that humanity is to blame for all the war and corruption that troubles what could be our very long lives, and ultimately, the future that is meant for the generations who shall come after us. This poem paints quite a good picture, one of freedom, a world without limits, until reality kindly slaps your face and asks you to get back to your mundane mortal life. The irony of reality in itself is torture, and I think that not only in this poem, but countless others of yours, you present to the reader a version of modern life, a raw state of emotions.

Good work.

Luke

Posted 14 Years Ago


I loved this poem!!! It read like a song to me and I liked that quality about it. I know a a point in my life i felt exactly like this and can relate on a deep level with what I think you are trying to say here. Sometimes we get so hurt that we don't want to experience emotions for fear of getting hurt but as humans we still crave that interaction. :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Rain you are the only poet on here I can not give any critizm too. Mainly because I can not find any. You're form is perfect here and I love how you spike the action and intensity with the change in meter between the verses. If life is like being in caught up in breeze then sometimes it is long, smooth sailing. Then there are those times of short gust of wind and trouble. Ofcourse I know that this doesn't have alot to do with this piece but I couldn't think of anything better to say other than good work and in personal opinion you are the best poet on here.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Sorry I took so long to review this...haven't been on here for awhile. It is a very lyrical piece. I think everyone has the same desire, buried somewhere, to simply get away from everything, to leave this crumbling earth behind. You capture that desire beautifully. Well done!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2848 Views
71 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on November 24, 2008
Last Updated on November 24, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain