Our Lives..

Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain
"

Just thoughts on life,and this New Year..

"

"Having a terminal cancer has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing.

"I'm not sure why life goes like that. But often in those moments when our life seems to be at its lowest, we are taught the most profound lessons. Life can be so unforgiving and cruel, and yet still possess a breathtaking beauty. As humans, we tend to separate ourselves for the most shallow and selfish of reasons. But in the end, our sameness should always erode away our differences. We all will experience pain and loss on this journey. We all will have our brief moments of chest-pounding triumph, to be followed by the crushing reality that we are also the frailest and weakest of beings.

"My hope for the New Year is for people to understand how fleeting our health, our wealth and our social status can be; that life is a blend of all things, both good and bad, for all people. I hope that we learn to see that sameness - and know that, all in all, life is good.''

© 2008 Rain


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Bless you Rain for that brave and true Poem, I wish you many years of joy with your wonderful family and friends, the watch your life and situation with so much brave, you admire the good part of life, and you willing to forget the bad. Life is so fragile, everything you got can be changed, I always say, health is the most imortant thing, all come after.

Happy and healthy new year, enjoy your grandchildren they are wonderful Yossi

Posted 15 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

So sorry it took this long for me to read this. Thank you for sharing this with me. I hope that you are well and doing good. Its always said within my medical schooling that once you're diagnosed with something that may seem severe to your life in knowing what lies ahead in your prognosis, you can either see life in a new way or give up entirely and look at it as the end. I'm glad to see that you are taking your cancer as seeing life with beauty. Our lives our fragile and we only live once. God bless, Rain.

Posted 13 Years Ago


ehy, nice piece bro..... havent gone on here much just wanted to say nice work and keep the shorrtyyyyyys comin hahaha nice job homie

Posted 14 Years Ago


Rain this is a wonderfully open and honest bit of fact. As always stopping by your page Is always a pleasure but today it was a blessing and an honor my friend My love to you and Sue, as well as Gods blessing to you both. As always my thoughts and prayers are with you both.
Hugs Debby

Posted 14 Years Ago


"But in the end, our sameness should always erode away our differences. "

I just taught a class on this day before yesterday. How assumptions are very dangerous. Assumptions come when we concentrate on the differences instead of looking at the similarities. i.e. separating people by race, creed, sexual orientation, political beliefs, etc. in our own heads. "That person believes differently than I do, therefore is not as _________ as I am." Instead... "I've had thoughts like that before...or I've thought that before...or I've believed that once upon a time...and I understand how these conclusions can be made, however, inappropriate they may be. People are people, just like me.

Compassion comes when we stop and examine that which isn't so easy to see...and once we've made a fair asseessment we see that others are not so different from me.

Well written Ray...Very profound.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rain, I've not been able to review this work before.. but now i must. I've met your courage numerous times in the past.. not least from two sisters.

There's something distinguished about the way you are and feel; there's more than courage, there's dignity and fervour in and for everything around you, everyone around you.

Can't say more. (You)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It is funny, how our worst misfortunes can lead to the most important discoveries of our lives.
A very insightful piece, thank you for sharing.
Happy New Year, and remember to count your days by the smiles you share with those you love.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

your write saddens my heart. I will pray for you Rain. Into Thy Hands Oh Lord, Amen!

These five words brought me back from the brink of death. Doctors are still calling me a miracle. You are in His Almighty Hands. Your write was beautiful

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

These are words full of meaning lined up to greatness born through experience and knowledge.

A piece to be framed and hung on a wall - a work to be published in papers and books ...

Kudos!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brilliant observations, Ray.
Thank you for sharing.

Chasing treasures for too many years and at the end we find the simplest things hold the greatest values.

Cheers!
Doc.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2538 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 17, 2008
Last Updated on December 17, 2008

Author

Rain
Rain

About
"Having lived a bit has altered my thoughts of this coming new year from all those that have come and gone. Life is so bizarre that in some ways, my diagnosis has been a blessing. "I'm not sure why.. more..

Writing
He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain


The 50's The 50's

A Poem by Rain